bunnies are found!

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Postby Happy Appy's » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:03 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#well the bunnies haven't learned their names yet. I'm still having trouble catching them. Any one got any good suggestions?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Happy Appy's
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Eileen » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:14 am

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#well if you have most of the little gaffers caught why not have them in an enclosure...or a wire cage and have them out where the rebel can see them eating and playing and having a good time....and have a sort of corral like they do with the cattle that sort of squeezes into where the heard is going to be corraled.  like you could use hay bales for the corral...and wire fencing or what ever for the squeeze fence, what ever is handy...good luck#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby graciespook » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:15 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We always threw a heavy blanket on ours when he got out. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby babytigger » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:20 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#glad you found them!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i never had to worry about mine.he only ever got out inside the house or the backyard, not on any sort of acerage!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#toss a box on top of them?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Happy Appy's » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:28 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#those little buggers move like lightening. Of course they are hiding under the hay barn. I might have to dig a hole and send in a kid to flush them out.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Happy Appy's
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Eileen » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:30 am

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#Happy Appy is there a particular kid in the neighborhood that you do not like?  You could send him in under the barn...you dont know what else is lurking under there....lol#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Happy Appy's » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:38 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#In that case, I'll send the husband.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Happy Appy's
Groupie
Groupie

Postby draftdriver » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:44 am

Glad you found them. What about using a net-type horse cooler? Big enough to trap them under; not heavy enough to do them damage.
draftdriver
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby MacnRio » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:45 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#HAHAHAHA, Eileen, and HA, your response! hee hee  But sending the hubby would require a bigger hole...... Hmmm, get HIM to dig it then tell him "get in!!" lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But seriously, I'm glad you found them.  They must've escaped!  Would putting tasty treats out for them work to flush them out of hiding?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The more I know about men, the more I like my horse(s)

On the first day God created horses, on the second day he painted them.
MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Happy Appy's » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:00 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hubby wont know who the hole is for until after he has dug it. It will be on a need to know basis. He doesn't need to know until after.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I think I might get the apples out after the kids are home from school.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Happy Appy's
Groupie
Groupie

Postby MacnRio » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:06 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#EXACTLY what I was getting at HA! hee hee ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The more I know about men, the more I like my horse(s)

On the first day God created horses, on the second day he painted them.
MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby graciespook » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:15 am

Happy Appy's wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#In that case, I'll send the husband.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#LMAO! :D#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Ruth » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:09 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Me too!#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/12.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I used to work with a woman who had a rabbit and one morning she was chasing what she thought was her loose bunny around the neighborhood in her pyjamas with a butterfly net. Turned out to be a wild rabbit, hers was safe in her son's room, but it must have been quite the sight!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Good luck catching them!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby graciespook » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:23 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thats too funny Ruth! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My dad's favorite story is about a neighbour of a coworker. The neighbour had a bunny he kept in an outdoor hutch, and the coworkers dog got loose one day. He found him next door in the yard shaking the dead rabbit. The coworker panicked, washed the rabbit up, fluffed up his fur and put him in the hutch, afraid of the neighbour being upset, and hoping the neighbour would think the rabbit died of natural causes. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The neigbour was talking to him a couple of weeks later, and said ' I can't understand it. My rabbit died one day, and I buried him, but someone dug him up, cleaned him and returned him to the hutch!' It was priceless. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Eileen » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:40 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#Funny Gracie....that dead rabbit sure got around....I have heard many stores about the same rabbit....lol  #ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby graciespook » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:42 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#LOL..not sure if its #ed_op#EM#ed_cl#his#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl#  story, but he likes to think it is...anyway, it is funny. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Happy Appy's » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:55 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I just got back in from trying to catch those little rabbits. Boy they sure are fast. I was able to get one of them to come inside the barn for some apple pieces. He just played with me the whole time. I would lunge at him and he would move just far enough away for me not to be able to reach. He never ran off. I was kneeling down on the floor and when I thought I had him I would grab for him, falling over in the process. This went on for about 10 minutes. The bunny never was afraid and left, I just couldn't take any more. I'm going to be so bruised tomorrow. My friends are going to think that my husband beat me for making him go under the barn. The things we do for our kids. Will I ever learn?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Happy Appy's
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Eileen » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:02 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#well Happy Appy this is a time to make the most of a dilema...make your bunny adventure pay for itself....it sounds like a good subject the the WFV....you could win some big bucks if you got voted in.....it may be worth a try...you have all the props and situation at hand...just in out the camera and have fun.....#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Happy Appy's » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:34 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The only thing holding me back is the lack of video camera. Anyone volunteer to come over and tape me. Just a warning, I may enlist your help while I'm at it.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Happy Appy's
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Eileen » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:36 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#and I would maybe think about selling tickets for by standers and gawkers, and general crowd people....lol#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl# #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge