The Poem that touched my Heart

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

The Poem that touched my Heart

Postby EatMyDust » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:04 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I bought Dusty about a year ago, and the guy I bought him from wrote me this poem. Ive been meaning to share, but keep forgetting! So here it is.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#B#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt; COLOR: #00ccff; FONT-FAMILY: Andy; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial"#ed_cl#Dusty#ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/B#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt; FONT-FAMILY: Andy; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial"#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt; FONT-FAMILY: Andy; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#When i first saw him, that cute lil' gray #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#I had to have him, it had to be that way... #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#It would have to be then, right that day, #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#So I bought him quickly, another expense of hay #ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#I had him 7 months, we did it all #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#But he was too short and I was too tall #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#I had 3 more, 4 was too much #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#The decision was made, it had to be such #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#So he was for sale, many people came to see #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#None were right, for him nor me #ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#I couldn’t sell him, my cute little boy #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#He was a friend, not a toy #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#It had to be right, the timing good #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#The right people would come, I knew they would #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#I checked my email, it had to be fate #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#a nice young girl, I set up a date #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#She came and saw him, her friend too #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#They decided to buy him, it was to good to be true #ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#The day came, and he had to go #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#As I loaded him on the trailer something screamed no #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#But It was too late, a deposit paid #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#So my good friend and I parted, he left, I stayed... #ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Someday I'll visit, maybe but not now #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Time has it's ways although I don’t see how #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Good things come and good things go #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#But maybe I’ll see him at the next show. #ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#I hope she loves him, more than I could #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#I hope he behaves, the way he should #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#He has a new home, with cute little goats #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#I hope she will keep emailing me with little notes #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#So keep in touch, the way it should be #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#A group of friends, Dusty, Sam and me!#ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt; FONT-FAMILY: Andy; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /#ed_cl##ed_op#o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
EatMyDust

Postby graciespook » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:06 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Cute poem!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Ruth » Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:56 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That's sweet, EMD. Has he been to visit yet?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby EatMyDust » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:26 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#He came in August. He showed Dusty...got his barrel time down to 28 sec.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We had fun. lol...I went to see him a few times in March, and my old best friend bought her TB from him.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
EatMyDust

Postby ~*Pony Luver*~ » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:18 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#thats so sweet!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Some of us are like wheelbarrows, only useful when pushed and easily upset.
~*Pony Luver*~

Postby zooka » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:09 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#what a nice gift he gave you!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby lifeafterracing » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:22 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That is soooo thoughtful that he wrote the poem for you, emd.  Don't ever lose it.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
lifeafterracing

Postby graciespook » Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:41 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thats nice when you can still talk to the old owner...I still talk to Sneakers old owner regularly. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby EatMyDust » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:52 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Actually, unfortunitly, we lost contact in August...he just stopped responding to my emails, and I lost his new phone number...Im heartbroken...we were good friends...and I have sooo much to tell him about him about Dusty...he actually has an ad on the net for his TB mare, Barbies Double...if any one ever emails him about it, tell him sam and dusty say hi :(#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
EatMyDust

Postby zooka » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:17 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#maybe he just got too busy and forgot to respond to your e-mail or had some computer trouble for awhile.  Why not try again and see if you get a response?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby EatMyDust » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:23 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I tried tonight...Ive been trying since August#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
EatMyDust

Return to The Lounge