Hand/Body Cream

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Hand/Body Cream

Postby MacnRio » Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:57 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#OK, here's a "hot" topic! lol  I'm procrastinating at work..... And as I was in CostCo last night perusing the hand creams I thought to post here and ask people's opinions.... Now is the perfect time to ask..... drags out doing my work! haha  With all the farm work I'm doing and time spent outside and, of course, dry weather coming on, I'm finding my hands are EXTREMELY dry.... My pointer fingers to the point of cracking and bleeding.  I wear work gloves for most of the work, but they are still relatively dry.  Try putting nylons on with "picky" skin........ shudder.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So, what hand cream/lotion do you find works best?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#CostCo has tons of brands - Keri, Lubriderm (dont like how greasy it stays), Vaseline, Olivina, Oil of Olay, Dove and probably many more.  I'm standing there staring at them all, checking the price, etc.  I've tried many of the brands and don't find they work very well.  Anyways, I didn't want ot go super cheap, but also didnt want to spend tons of $$.  So, I sorta went in the middle and decided to try the Oil of Olay "Quench" body lotion.  Anyone used it?  Found it works?  first of all, I've noticed it leaves sparklies on my skin! lol  Has a nice, but strong scent.  But you read it and it says that not only does it moisturize on the surface and last 24 hours, but goes in deep and sends a "burst" of moisture (or something similar, I don't have a bottle here with me)....  I kinda rolled my eyes at that one! lol  But, it was middle of the line priced (I was looking at the "price per unit, like the 1.2735 cents thing) and something new.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And, maybe that extra "burst" of moisture will help with graciespook's "shock" problem.... Well, anyones shock problem! lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The more I know about men, the more I like my horse(s)

On the first day God created horses, on the second day he painted them.
MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby cnd_cowgurl84 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:06 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Personally i use uderly smooth. its works wonders on dried cracked skin.... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
cnd_cowgurl84
Newbies
Newbies

Postby graciespook » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:14 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#LOL..strangely enough, as far as my hands go I use the Herbacin Kamille lotion in the green tube with the flower on the front. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It moisturizes and since it has glycerine, isn't greasy, but really quenches and helps. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby TequillaJack » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:16 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm a big fan of Olay Quench for extra dry skin.  I use to have to get prescription moisturizor to help my skin in the winter but not since I found this product#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
TequillaJack
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Trufflemaker » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:17 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Go to Walmart and buy Udderly Smooth. But get the tube one, not the pump (that has a different formula that's not as good). It is the BEST hand cream on the market My kids get exzema on their hands in the winter and it's the only cream that works for them. It's not at all greasy, either. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"No one can teach riding so well as a horse."
C.S. Lewis, "The Horse and His Boy"
Trufflemaker

Postby ~Cnigh~ » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:20 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl#I just switched over to the Aveeno line of products.  I have trouble finding a lotion that I can stand the smell of.  Aveeno has a very soft smell when it goes on, and after a couple of minutes the scent goes away.  #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl#I have bought the Face Lotion that calms redness in you face due to dry skin.  The Clearifing Foaming Face Wash, the Daily Exfoliating Scrub (for brighter skin), the Body Lotion for Ultra Dry Skin (with menthol) and the moisturizing body bar (with oatmeal).  So For I am very pleased with all of it.  #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl#My skin is soft and supple and most of the irritation that I used to just ignore is gone.  No more red splotches on my face and no more razor burn on my legs.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl#I think I will also try the Aveeno night cream as well.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
To ride or not to ride................?
What a stupid question!!!
~Cnigh~
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Dee22 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:21 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#For my hands and feet I find the best best best is a product called "Glysomed". It's made with glycerine, silicone and camomile. It's in a green and white bottle (or you can just buy a small tin), you can get scented or non scented. and works wonders for really dry skin. #ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://www.glycomed.com/"#ed_cl##ed_op#/A#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#For all over my body I use Lubriderm but find for dry hands and feet you need a more 'specialized' cream :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://www.glycomed.com"#ed_cl##ed_op#/A#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Last edited by Dee22 on Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby draftdriver » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:24 pm

I love Glycerin/Silicon hand cream by Dreiturm Kosmetic. Yellow tube with green writing. It seems to heal those icky, bleeding cracks quite well. Not much of a scent, either.
draftdriver
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby graciespook » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:39 pm

Dee22 wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#For my hands and feet I find the best best best is a product called "Glysomed". It's made with glycerine, silicone and camomile. It's in a green and white bottle (or you can just buy a small tin), you can get scented or non scented. and works wonders for really dry skin. #ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://www.glycomed.com/"#ed_cl##ed_op#/A#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#For all over my body I use Lubriderm but find for dry hands and feet you need a more 'specialized' cream :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://www.glycomed.com"#ed_cl##ed_op#/A#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl# #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Same with me...your cream is essentially the same stuff that I use :D#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby BTDT » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:44 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I actually like the hand and body lotion that Mane & Tail puts out.  You can buy it in the tube up here (in Tack Shops) but if you are in the States, Walgreens sells it in the tub and pump size which was really cheap.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I've used it all year round and it's reeeeaaaally good keeping a tan going when I've come back from Florida.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I find that it smooths right into your skin and is reactivated when you wash your hands.  Very little or no smell.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#A tip which was passed along to me (but probably not new news), is to turn the shower off and lather your body (arms, legs, back, etc) with the lotion and then step back under the water and rinse off.  I fried my back on a recent trip to Florida and damned if I've started to peel yet.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
BTDT

Postby MacnRio » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:50 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh yeah! Forgot about the Udderly Smooth, I bought the tube one at TSC one time, it IS good stuff. Costco doesn't have it though..... so I didn't think of it..#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh, Glycosamed (sp?), I think they had that, but it is EXPENSIVE!  But hey, if it will keep my hands from being super "picky", I"ll try it!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The more I know about men, the more I like my horse(s)

On the first day God created horses, on the second day he painted them.
MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby GoDDeSSofWiNgS » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:56 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I LOVE the Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moistureizer.  I am quite pasty when it comes skin tone and i started using it at the beginning of the summer to work up abit of coulor for the beach and it worked great there but I have constantly dry skin on my legs and its worked wonders!  Id give it a shot it isnt greasy or have a bad smell and it isnt terribly expensive $4 and abit at Walmart.  I like the Jergens hand specific creams as well.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Woodbine = Heaven

Barbaro: We will never know and that will always pain us most
GoDDeSSofWiNgS
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Ruth » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:59 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Neatsfoot oil! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#More seriously I have found that the Glysomed is too greasy for my job. I like the Neutrogena Norwegian formula. It is a little greasy initially, but soaks right in after 10 or 15 minutes. I can get a little OCD about handwashing in flu season, plus also have chores, and I find it good. Also part of what I do to work off my lessons is washing the stall fronts, I don't use rubber gloves, and find that stuff fixes me right up afterwards.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby *Southwinds* » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:30 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My personal fav (not just for the hands but they also have body cream, talics, shower gel) is called Perlier. Its made in Italy and they have AWESOME scents, and it leaves the skin to hydrated and sliky. You can only order through the shopping channel.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Check out #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://www.theshoppingchannel.com/product_results.asp?N=100025+102631&Ne=330000&templateCode=ES&departmentId=2631"#ed_cl#http://www.theshoppingchannel.com/product_results.asp?N=100025+102631&Ne=330000&templateCode=ES&departmentId=2631#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It is a bit more expensive, but so worth it! There is also a 30 day TOTAL $ back guarantee...even if the product is half gone. You just spend $ on shipping.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Its worth a try, its all I ever use.#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/21.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*Southwinds*
Newbies
Newbies

Postby babytigger » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:30 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i've found st. ives also has some really good creams & reasonable priced.........i love tho cucumber one (for dry skin), and it has a nice fresh smell to it, but not to pungent & it only lasts a little while. or....baby lotion.....even the teddy's choice brand from no frills, it's nice, has a baby powder smell & works well#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby zooka » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:43 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#vaseline intensive care for me#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Pilgram » Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:31 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Iuse alot of st.ives products but my mom has really dry hands its like touching sand paper and the only hand cream she uses is from Vichy mind you its is expensive but works wonders.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
BORN TO RIDE--FORCED TO WORK
When riding you borrow freedom!
Live well,Laugh lots,Ride often.
**Apples are so over-rated~ A Horse I know**
Pilgram

Postby Eileen » Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:42 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#I have the same dry skin problem...alwasy have had...never found anything that really works.  I do think though that Bag Balm is good, I also hear that Kerri is a good product.  Because of where you work through the day...I would suggest talking to some of the medical professionals or at least staff in that area of the Uni....they may have all kinds of info on this problem...look at the amount of times a Dr.  or nurse wash their hands in just one work day...there must be a secret solution of thier hands not falling off the end of their arms..  good luck#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Return to The Lounge