Any one in the Hamilton area

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Any one in the Hamilton area

Postby Eileen » Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:11 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Just heard on the news that Hamilton has experienced high winds that was possibley due to a tornado that went through.  Apparently there has been extensive damage to homes I believe ont he east side of the mountain.  Hope everything is well with any posters from that area....let us know...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Ruth » Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:19 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ack, hope GU is OK, she is on the Mountain, but I think slightly west of central, not east. My aunt and sister and respective families are in Hamilton too, but not on the Mountain, so I will not worry too much just yet. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby maddys_girl » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:24 pm

Yes, hope everyone is alright!
My sister called to let us know she was ok. I guess her place is about 5 blocks or so (thats what she told me) from the damage.

Jingles for those affected! :?
maddys_girl
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Eileen » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:41 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#From what I have seen on the tv...it is mostly structual damage and no deaths....they are still not sure if it was officially a tornado.  Apparently there were a couple of school kids that were hurt with flying or falling debris....the school was damaged by the wind...#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby ~Cnigh~ » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:30 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl#I live in the area, and it was really wierd.  Most of the damage was between Mohawk & Upper Gage.  We were on our way to the Karate Clud on Gage when we noticed all the emergency vehicles blocking the road.  Still didn't know what had happened, so we turned onto Mohawk to drive around it and that's when we saw the trees down & fences ripped apart.  #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl#I don't know if it was a tornado or not.  I don't know if anyone actually saw a funal cloud, but the path of damage left behind seems to like a tornado.  One fence down, but the other untouched.  Two tree standing together, one blown to bits, the other untouched etc.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl#Thankfully no one was seriously hurt.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
To ride or not to ride................?
What a stupid question!!!
~Cnigh~
Newbies
Newbies

Postby graciespook » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:49 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I heard on the news, that they confirmed it was a tornado? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby babytigger » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:14 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#from what i understand they do believe it's a tornado, and it ripped off a school roof - crazy!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hope everyone is alright!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby geldinggirlie » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:30 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am alive.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Apparently our little town of Dundas received 107km/hr winds yesterday.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I ended up getting off the highway on my way home (it was about 3:45) Cause it was so backed up to merge onto the 403 towards Hamilton.  I'm not a very patient driver when i'm trying to get home :D#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Anyway, yes, no confirmations of an actual tornado, and no deaths, just some injuries from when the roof blew off that one school.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Where's our GU ?  i'll have to check for her on MSN tonight.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
geldinggirlie
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Eileen » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:56 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl# Yes on the news this morning they did confirm that it was officially a tornado and they did say also that this is unheard of to have a tornado here at this time of year....strange year isnt it....all that nature has thrown at the world.#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby graciespook » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:29 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#No kidding..I'm sick of this weird weather. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Eileen » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:38 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#me too, I may have to leave.....lol#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Ruth » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:45 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am slightly surprised that you are still here!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Eileen » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:35 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#no more than me Ruth, when I got up this morning and have to brave that cold crisp morning air and the wind....I was ready to leave...however I am not quite organized enough yet...and I usually stay till Mom's birthday....that is on the 16th of November, so better clear the road way once that is over....I take no prisoners   lol#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby graciespook » Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:38 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Wanna take me? I'll groom for you, make all your meals, clean and do laundry..It was cold last night and I want to go down south! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby *Giddy Up* » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:12 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm here! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yes, luckily I live more west on the mountain. There was surprisingly no damage here (well, except for not being able to access the internet- and that's the horror there you know!#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley17.gif"#ed_cl#) - I expected a couple of trees to be blown down just from the wind alone, but nothing. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It was a confirmed F1- and the middle school is closed until next Sept. because of the missing roof and the walls buckling. Two kids were sent to hospital with minor injuries- one need a gash sewn above his eye, the other went for a CAT scan because he got hit in the head- but nothing else major. Then some of the other neighbourhoods had some missing roofs, fallen trees, no power, gas leaks.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Glad to hear no one else was hurt!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby chenders01 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:23 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Wowsers, GU!!  Glad to hear you are okay.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If that school is closing until next September, where are all those kids gonna GO??  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Thinking/3.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Ruth » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:27 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I would guess they will bus them to other schools.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby *Giddy Up* » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:45 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yeah, they'll have to find them all somewhere else to go. Where though? Who knows- perhaps a recently closed school?? They've closed a bunch down, so I don't think the ones that are open can take them all- unless they really break the numbers up- so maybe some of the closed ones, which were used as holding schools for kids until the new school went up this past year.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Return to The Lounge