Well Starting My dream

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Well Starting My dream

Postby vannarae1975 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:35 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well I really didn't think that i would make a start but i have.  I have now started lessons at our local ranch, and so far i am loving it.  My riding coach is awsome.  Her ranch is so beautiful and tons of horses to give lots of TLC.  Last week was pretty funny, I brought my bf to come and see what it is that i do there, and he was impressed.  I had also brought out a 10 lb bag of apples to leave there for when i go there riding but i had a problem.  My bf who really doesn't know a whole alot about horses and treats.  Was handing out apples left and right.  I had to explain to him that the apples were for after the lesson was over and he said ya but he was looking at me (the horses i was going to ride) i love you and of course my bf slipped in a treat.  Which i had to laugh.  while i was in the arena getting my lesson with my mom and others, he was left in the barn with the horses,  hhhmmmmm   i wonder what he was doing while i was riding.  After my class was over i brought my horse into the barn and tied him in the cross ties and then i told my bf to hand me the apples and guess what   i had maybe 7 apples out of a 10 lb bag.  He said (my bf) they all wanted some loving he said and feed the apples to every horse in the barn.  It was really cute, but my poor horse didn't get alot of treats but i know for next time to take the apples with me,lol#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/8.gif"#ed_cl#The horses sure loved to see him come in with the bag.  I told him the can smell the apples from a mile away, and he didn't believe me,#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/1.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I also have some other great news, i have found a local barn around where i live and sent a letter and the lady sent a letter back saying that she has taken another job and her husband works shift work and would love to have someone to help her, she said that she would pay me but i would rather have in trade riding instead and she was really happy with that.  She would also like someone to help while both of them are working so i gave her some peoples name for her to check out about my work habits, i hope this turns out.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
vannarae1975
Newbies
Newbies

Postby tanya » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:42 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It is nice when things seem to come together.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I wish you well in your possibile new job.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The sighted sees not the world but the blind sees the world in one small child.
tanya
Groupie
Groupie

Postby vannarae1975 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:44 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#yes it sure does, but it is about time.  Things in the last past year have been for the best.  I didn't things could get anybetter inmy life.  i came from a really bad marriage, bad health, etc.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#and now i have a good job, new bf, and my health is so much better.  When i first moved here i was just under 95lbs and now i am a happy 125lbs.   life is so great.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
vannarae1975
Newbies
Newbies

Postby zooka » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:03 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#glad to see things are going well.  that is great about the barn close to you!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Megan Ball » Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:14 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#good for you vanna!! I know how much trouble you were having in finding a barn to ride at!! Good luck with the lessons and the "job"!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Rocket - TB
Kenzie - Arabian
Peanut - pony
Toffee - Welsh x pony
Whisper - Spotted Draft
Megan Ball

Postby rubberman » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:45 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Van, I am glad that everything seems to be going your way with the riding (barn near your place), lessons, health and the the new BF.  Hope everything continues to improve for you and who knows we may be eventing together in the near future.  By the way the big guy says hi and if you get a chance stop by when you have a little free time.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
rubberman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby babytigger » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:19 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#congrats van - hope it all works out for you#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Almosta Farm » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:12 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#congrat van, hope all goes well and you get the "job"#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Almosta#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Almosta Farm
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:32 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That sounds great.. What kind of stuff are you working on? I'm pretty sure you said you wanted to be a showjumper? Hope everything keeps going well!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sometimes you have to trust what a horse did was right
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby graciespook » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:56 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Congrats! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Return to The Lounge