Go figure

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Go figure

Postby cnd_cowgurl84 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:59 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#GO FIGURE...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well we just got a horse.. and now my car is DEAD,.. ERRG it maks me soo mad.. So now i get to go car shopping.. well truck.. anyone got any suggestions?? im thinkgin either a mid size SUV or a pick up..#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
cnd_cowgurl84
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Eclipse's Fury » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:43 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thats a pain in the butt!*** #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/13.gif"#ed_cl# mmmm I like trucks lol but also the suvs mmmmmm do you or are you planing on getting a horse trailer?? even if you dont have a trailer now a truck is always the first step isnt it? lol th#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Eclipse's Fury

Postby Piaffing » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:21 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Go for the pickup. In the long run you'll be glad you did.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Frogs in a basket. Oh, one jumped out, grab that frog.
EC Level 1 Coach, ARIA Level 3 Dressage Coach, C Level Pony Club Tester
http://piaffing.blogspot.com/
www.dressagelife.com
Piaffing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Eileen » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:15 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#The truck would be my choice, carries feed, hay, fence posts, sawdust, saddles and tack, dogs etc etc....the SUV's would not be too easy on gas either I am thinking...something to think about..#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby graciespook » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:58 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ahh trucks..thats what we're trading up to next year! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Lix » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:08 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I say regardless on whether or not you will be pulling - get a pickup.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If you will not be pulling, you can look at the smaller, sportier types such as the Ranger, the Dakota, etc.  If you will be pulling, it's probably best to do your research on the bigger truck - their reliability, etc.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm sorry, and no offence to anyone but I don't "get" SUVs.  Sure, I agree, they look 'cool'.  However, when compared to a car, they are complete gas guzzlers.  When compared to a truck, well - they are not half as practical!  You don't exactly see people loading fridges in SUVs.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We live in the country and have property.  I bought my little pick up when I was 18 (a Ford Ranger) and I can't imagine life without it.  It's old now and showing it's age but it's done me good and it's had A LOT of stuff in the box! ;)  It's fantastic on gas (but then, like I said, it's a small truck and not even a V6). #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What #ed_op#EM#ed_cl#you #ed_op#/EM#ed_cl#get entirely depends on what your needs are.  ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Lix

Postby babytigger » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:50 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i'm with you lix - go for the truck...i think SUVs are a waste of time & hard earned money.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby jax » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:33 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have an SUV (Jeep GC) and I love it.  In fact I just traded my old Jeep for a new Jeep - I looked around at other vehicles and nothing worked for me as well as the SUV.  I would love to have a pick-up but they totally don't make sense for me.  With the SUV I can throw the dog in the very back, which keeps him from getting hair all over the back seats and slobber all over the back windows which happened when I had a car.  I can have 5 people in the car and the dog in the back with no worries.  In a pick up I would not have a place for the dog, or my golf clubs, or anything when it rained, etc.  And people don't ask me to help them move furniture, LOL, although with the seats all folded down there is a lot of room back there.  I use it to pick up feed and plants and some interesting shopping purchases, #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/2.gif"#ed_cl# and it handles anything that I need to move.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If I had a pick-up, the bed would be empty probably 95% of the time and I'd have dog slobber in my ear, so it just doesn't work for me.  I have a good sized flatbed trailer that I use to haul Bobcaygeon rocks or tractors or hay or whatever else.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And, the gas mileage is darn good #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/3.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<b>Practice makes progress</b>
jax
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby cnd_cowgurl84 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:24 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i gues ther is pros and cons about suvs.. BUT the bf has a truck and i really dont think we need 2 so i think i might get a SUV i was thinking about a jimmy? but i hurd it was HORRIBLE on gas.. BLAh this is giving me a huge head ake... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
cnd_cowgurl84
Newbies
Newbies

Postby BTDT » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:55 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well my fav was my Dodge Dakota with the extended cab (a must).&nbsp; It had the 318 motor&nbsp; (6 cylinder) and pulled really well with my two horse tag and two good size horses.&nbsp; It was good on gas as long as you kept it tuned and the oil changed.&nbsp; I also like the way it drove. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Now my last one was a 2000 model and I'm sure they changed since then but it was a great truck without being huge for town driving and parking.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If I was going off to look for something to pull with again, I'd certianly drive to my Dodge dealer first to check out the new models.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh and a second benefit, the combination weight and length of the truck and trailer was UNDER that required to have a yellow sticker check-up each year.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
BTDT

Postby Ruth » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:52 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I don't see the point of either SUV's or trucks if you are going to use them like a car. We have one truck which my SO drives as he works close to home so we use that for picking up hay and straw and other truckly duties, and I have a car, which I can cram a lot of stuff into when needed. I commute, and I don't see any reason to spend extra money on a vehicle or on gas, unless it is going to be used for towing or carrying things that won't fit in a car often.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Return to The Lounge