critique my site!!

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

critique my site!!

Postby xena_n_joss » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:01 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#For whoever is bored and wants something to do, go take a look at my equine massage site and critique it! I put it on the tack box message board since im blocked from EC at work. But now im home. Anyways let me know what you think, if there is anything that should be fixed let me know!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#www.handsonequine.net#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Eclipse's Fury » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:42 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Your site is good #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/10.gif"#ed_cl# but one thing you could do is have a about you page sorta thing and maybe one about your horse? put some more photos up #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley9.gif"#ed_cl# maybe a gallery of you doing massage on a horse?? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#  just some random ideas! Leslie #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Eclipse's Fury

Postby zooka » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:15 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I think it looks good.  I agree some pics of you working on a horse might be nice.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Kobau » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:45 am

Good job on getting your massage theraphist cert girl. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
As for the site... this is kinda my job, one of my best friends is a
website designer and i'm the one that gets to test all sites to see how
they look on other computers and make sure they are user friendly
etc...So please anything i say is just as a critique so that you can
make your site even better.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Is there any way you can make sure the background that you have your
text in is the same colour as the background of the rest of the pages?
The colour of the backgrounds being different is a bit distracting and
for me and for some could make it harder to read, just because of how
they focus. Also just a little blurb about where you took your training
etc would be really nice and of course some good pictures of you
working on your horse or others wouldn't be amiss either. You have the
basis of a topnotch site m'dear!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Being a mom is a wonderful job... being mom to a horse crazy lil boy means combining two things i adore!!!

Winter makes you appreciate mud in the spring!
Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby xena_n_joss » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:14 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#aww thanks Kobau! and everyone... hehe... I will change the text back ground... check back later and let me know if you think it is better. I sarted out with it the same but I thought it might look better different... but I guess not. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And dont worry, I wont get upset with anyone if they say anything about my site... If someone thinks something sucks on it theres a good chance other people might think that same thing isnt very good, so at least with telling me I can fix it! I wont get upset lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am going to get my mom to take some pics of me massaging a horse and once I can sit down and write something up I will put more info about me. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Dee22 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:21 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hey Xena. great site, and good for you for getting your certification! I'm sure you'll enjoy it! :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#About the site, it looks great but as other's mentioned some pic's might be nice... if you could, you might also want to go through and check the spelling in some things too ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Kaleena » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:35 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Looks good Xena. The only thing I would suggest, which has already been suggested, is a bit about where you got your certification and maybe a bit about the acheivements of the person you studied with.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaleena
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby graciespook » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:54 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Nice site! How long is the certification course? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby babytigger » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:09 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#xena - looks good!! congrats!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#as others have suggested.........some pics of you doing work on a horse (ie: xena!!) would be great to add, and some info on yourself & where you did your course/got your cert. you know a little bio info, so prospective clients know a little about you, and your horse history...if you've got certain rider or instructor levels, i'd include those as well in your bio.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#just do a quick run through for spelling/grammar issues, just to be "professional looking" on the web.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#good luck - hope you pull in some clients!!!!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Return to The Lounge