CMA's tonight! Keith Urban - winner update!

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

CMA's tonight! Keith Urban - winner update!

Postby MacnRio » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:50 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The Country Music Awards are tonight!  I don't have cable, and rarely watch TV, but with my bunny ears I get the channel!!!  I will be in front of the TV tonight, there are supposed to be some super performances, according to the radio.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Last edited by MacnRio on Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The more I know about men, the more I like my horse(s)

On the first day God created horses, on the second day he painted them.
MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby GoDDeSSofWiNgS » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:30 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#2 words:#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Keith, Urban#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hehehehehe#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Woodbine = Heaven

Barbaro: We will never know and that will always pain us most
GoDDeSSofWiNgS
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby MacnRio » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:37 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#GoW, sounds like Brad Paisley will be there too, he's pretty easy on the eyes as well!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Kaleena » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:56 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Good thread Mac! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I usually don't camp out in front of the tv like you :P But I'll have the awards on in the background for the evening :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaleena
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby MacnRio » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:58 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#OK, lemme clarify, I have never actually watched them.... lol.... But I made some chocolate caramel popcorn (about 25 cups of it!!) and really should get chowing..... And it is crappy weather today, so I might just camp out in my jammies with my blankie and popcorn!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby cnd_cowgurl84 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:25 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I agree.. 2 words KEITH URBAN..... (grool) or next in line tim magraw.. hmmmmmmm#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
cnd_cowgurl84
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Eileen » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:19 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl##ed_op#BLOCKQUOTE id=11c8fe5e#ed_cl##ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#A good choice for the night to have the CMA on....nothing else is on Tuesdays....so if I can find in on my little old bunny ears I will probably camp out there as well.... #ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/BLOCKQUOTE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby MacnRio » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:37 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Eileen, if you can't find em, common over to my place!!!  I'll share my popcorn, as long as you bring the beverages! lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Eileen » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:43 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#hmmmm a jug of water comin' up  lol#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby lifeafterracing » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:39 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Other/16.gif"#ed_cl#  Woo Hoo !  Thanks for the heads-up, MacnRio.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have three questions though:  (1)  What channel (with bunny ears)?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#                                               (2)  How do you make chocolate caramel popcorn?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#                                               (3)  What time?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
lifeafterracing

Postby MacnRio » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:43 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#LAR, I hope I'm not too late! It is channel 10 with my bunny ears and is coming in crystal clear!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I believe, according to the radio, it starts at 8pm#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'll post about the popcorn later ;)  The plain caramel corn is actually MUCH better. I also made a grape flavour, but it was kinda weird..... I grow popcorn and end up with TONS (even with giving tons away) so I wanted to find other ways to enjoy it other then the traditional butter and salt.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby lifeafterracing » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:35 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Word_Other/11.gif"#ed_cl#  You #ed_op#EM#ed_cl#grow #ed_op#/EM#ed_cl#popcorn ???  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
lifeafterracing

Postby MacnRio » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:19 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#OK, drooooooling all over... Brad Paisley, Tim McGraw, Bon Jovi (?) - yup, he performed, and a bunch of other "yummy" guys. BUT, the BEST one (who also performed) was the MALE VOCALIST OF THE YEAR: KEITH URBAN.  His accent is so sexy!  OK, off to bed to have wonderful dreams :P#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#LAR, did you get to watch?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yup, grow popcorn.  Buy the seeds, plant em in rows, watch it grow, let it dry on the stalk (like cattle corn) then push the dried kernels off the cob and pop em!  Easy peasy, and better then Orville!!!  (How do you think Orville gets his seeds?! lol :P)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby lifeafterracing » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:57 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Darn!   I didn't get to watch.  I saw maybe five minutes, but I had to go out to the barn.  I was actually at the Canadian Country Music Awards in Vancouver a few years ago.  It was awesome!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Where do you buy seed for popping corn?  I knew there was table corn and cattle corn, but I guess I never really thought about where corn for popcorn came from.  I didn't realize there was a different type.  I guess it is sold in bulk like cattle corn.  I wouldn't mind trying a few plants next year for fun, but I guess you can't buy just a little bit of seed corn.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
lifeafterracing

Postby Eileen » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:26 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#I tried but it was not coming in very clear....so I watched the "The man who lost himself" or something like that, it was a good movie....#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby cnd_cowgurl84 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:11 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i must say that DEREKS BENTLY looked soo good last night.. i was grooling. haha i think at one point my bf was jelous and turned the channel.. hahaha.. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#oh well.. :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
cnd_cowgurl84
Newbies
Newbies

Postby MacnRio » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:01 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#OK, well, uh, I was so excited about Keith that I got what he won wrong...... He actually got ENTERTAINER OF THE YEAR. But whatever.... he still won!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#LAR, I got my seed from Stokes Seeds. I think you can get a small amount. I don't plant FIELDS of it, just about 100-200 seeds.  If you want, pm me your address and I'll mail ya some, I still have some seeds from last year.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby jax » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:05 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I only caught the very end but was able to see Keith Urban win Entertainer of the Year.  Wasn't too fond of his hair, but he's definitely a cutie.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Eileen, I watched the Man Who Lost Himself too - mainly because I lived right down to road from where the accident happened, and saw the destruction and investigations after the fact.  Terry Evanshen lived fairly close to us as well, so I was very interested in the movie.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<b>Practice makes progress</b>
jax
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby graciespook » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:32 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#mmmm...Keith Urban..I like his music too ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby GoDDeSSofWiNgS » Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:11 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#too much good tv last night so i didnt end up watching it - BAD KEITH URBAN FAN! *slap*&nbsp; I was watchin Gilmore Girls and the Leafs game.&nbsp; Has the afore mentioned Mr Urban darkened his hair?&nbsp; I saw this fleeting commercial for something with him in it and it did seem like he had black streaks or something.&nbsp; Glad he beat a certain Kenny Chesney for entertainer of the year...that guy always wins, or Tim McGraw.&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Now Im going to sit patiently while they draw up his new tour dates, find out when London is, join his fan club (pay the $20) and get my first crack at tickets so I can get front row.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have formulated this plan since I had to sit in nose bleeds last time he was in London.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Woodbine = Heaven

Barbaro: We will never know and that will always pain us most
GoDDeSSofWiNgS
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Next

Return to The Lounge