Dial Up HELP

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Dial Up HELP

Postby Gemina » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:57 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have the slowest dial up!!! Especially on EC. I was trying to wish Eleen a safe journey and gave up. I can wait minutes at times.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Can someone give me ideas on how I can make my dial up faster. We can't get High Speed here in the boonies.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Gemina
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby GoDDeSSofWiNgS » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#are you using sympatico?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#do you have cable tv?  I gave up on dial up, its nice and cheap but I jsut cant make it quick enough to be worth it.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Woodbine = Heaven

Barbaro: We will never know and that will always pain us most
GoDDeSSofWiNgS
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Emerald » Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:00 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I know where you are coming from , I have dial up at home, NO HIGH SPEED ACCESS, NO CABLE, Even Sympatico is just as slow, the only other alternative is Satelite, which is very expensive.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#When I down load, ,,,,, go make a tea, do laundry , sew, clean tack , make supper, take a shower etc, the list goes on and on what I do in between changing links, windows, sites. and suffer all the other extras, like disconnect, lock up . #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#bidding on ebay is very painful. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Emerald

Postby Gemina » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:42 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yes, I'm with Sympatico and to make matters worse they just changed the email address of everyone in our area. I sent my new email to EC.  We don't get English papers here so I logged on to several of their daily Newsletter and haven't, altho I've tried, been able to give them our new email. Boring or what!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yes, Emerald I am in exactly the same situation as you.  EC seems the worse though. If I go to Ebay, Sears, EMG I get on faster. Very frustrating.#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley12.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Gemina
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Emerald » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:44 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#G, #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am with "3web"   it does not cost as much as Sympatico, the download time is about the same, But   unlimited time is only $9.95 a month. I know they have a couple of Quebec dial up locals. They also have a long distance plan $4.00 a month  .04 a minute then the internet is only $5.00 a month for unlimited time. Although I use long distance calling cards which are cheaper, it is a relatively in expensive venture. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#3web is a Canadian Company based in Calgary . $10.00 start up disk. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My little town downtown consist of a Variety/Chineze/Pizza Store,  a Garage,  a Fire hall, a little post office and a little LCBO Store. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#email, #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#that is why I use hotmail. I Prefer Gmail, but everything is set up with my hotmail email.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh Well,#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#it is nice to see Deer and the hawk circling over the forest. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Emerald

Postby Gemina » Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:49 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We have a post office, a small general store and a church. That's it. I will see if I can find out more info on the browser you are using.  Just recently they are able to give us high speed via satellite. But it cost almost $500 to install their dish, and $65.00/month. We are on a telephone company that belongs to Bell but is separate. You know one of the small branches for far away places.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We have a long distance plan  which cost $20.00/month for 10 hours after six and weekends. We use it a lot because everyone we know lives somewhere else. LOL#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yes, it is beautiful....lots of deer, saw a mother bear and her three cubs right in front of our door, plus when snows it stays white and the lake is at our door.  Minuses, the winter is too long and we get lonesome during this time...lots of company in the summer.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Gemina
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Patricia » Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:34 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am on dial up too.  I have ALWAYS found EC so slow...although, recently it seems to be a tad bit faster, either that or I am just so bored I wait it out...LOL!   #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patricia
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Gemina » Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:34 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Don't get me wrong, I love EC. But it is strange that I can move around quite fast on sites like, Ebay, Sears, EMG, the Shopping Channel. You see, Patricia, I get bored too and so spend time window shopping on the internet. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Gemina
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Andy » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:35 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Go to the sympatico web site and download their dial-up-accelerator.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It will give you a little more speed but graphics won't be as good.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://service.sympatico.ca/index.cfm?method=content.view&category_id=454&content_id=3957"#ed_cl#http://service.sympatico.ca/index.cfm?method=content.view&category_id=454&content_id=3957#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<strong><font size="3"><font color="red">

El Samar Arabians
Brighton Ont.
http://www3.sympatico.ca/andy.hope
Andy
Newbies
Newbies

Postby graciespook » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:02 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You beat me to it Andy...we downloaded a free accelerator..it made a big difference!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Gemina » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:35 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm going there right now Andy. See I knew you guys would come up with something. Can't wait.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Gemina
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Return to The Lounge