O Happy Day - Last Day of Work!

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

O Happy Day - Last Day of Work!

Postby Easter » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:21 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well I never thought this day would come, but it's here! I know the time is going to fly by, but being off for a year seems so long for me right now! I'm not going to miss my job, especially my boss, but after today, I am not going to think about this place for a long time! Woohoo!#ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#I have lots to do today to keep me busy, and I have lots of projects to do at home (including keep checking EC!) until the baby comes; 2 weeks from Monday is my due date! Hard to believe - it's gone by so fast!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'll be sure to post an update as soon as I can!#ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Easter

Postby graciespook » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:24 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Congrats!!! Wow, two weeks away already? Time flies! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby xena_n_joss » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:27 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Whoo Hoo!!! You will have post make sure you post pics asap once you have your baby! I love little babies, they are sooooo cute. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby babytigger » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:44 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#congrats easter......the waiting is the killer!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#good luck with the baby!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby MacnRio » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:49 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Congratz Easter! Keep us posted!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The more I know about men, the more I like my horse(s)

On the first day God created horses, on the second day he painted them.
MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Lix » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:08 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Awesome Easter!  That must be SOOO exiting! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/11.gif"#ed_cl#  Please do keep in touch even when you are at home!  We can't wait to hear about the little one! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And it will be nice not to have to go into work for a whole year for sure!  Aww- but you will miss all the lovely protests!  Lol - not sure if you saw the protest going down Laurier street the other day - Chinese people I think but now I forget if they were protesting someone's deportation, or if it was something else.  Anyway, there were tons of people marching with drums and gigantic banners.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Off topic - sorry!  Hope you have a wonderful time off.  Enjoy this time - it's so special!  Does hubby get a bit of time off too?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Lix

Postby RioG » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:28 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Wow, it seems so recent that you were posting about your wedding!!.  Congrats, good luck and enjoy!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
RioG
Groupie
Groupie

Postby jax » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:04 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So soon?  Wow!  I'm sure once the little bundle has arrived, you won't have time to miss anyone at work, no worries.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<b>Practice makes progress</b>
jax
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Easter » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:34 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#thanks everyone - thankfully today is going by really quickly!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Lix - yep, DH will be taking all of December off from when the baby is born - he worked a lot of overtime this summer and banked all his time for baby's arrival.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Easter

Postby Ruth » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:44 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My, time flies! It seems like yesterday you were announcing your pregnancy, and now it's almost done!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby stronghold » Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:45 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#ff0000#ed_cl#Wow, time really does fly!&nbsp; Make sure you are ready, they come when you least expect it, due date or no due date!&nbsp; LOL&nbsp; #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#ff0000#ed_cl#Did you know that on average, women give birth within 5 days from their last day of work?&nbsp; It was exactly 5 days from my last day that William arrived!&nbsp; #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#ff0000#ed_cl#Best of luck to you, and I can't wait to see pics of the new arrival!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<strong><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><font color="red"> In Loving Memory of Buzzing Pride
"Floppy"
April 3, 1978 - September 13, 2005
~~Champion, Teacher, Friend~~

>
stronghold
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Kricket » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:26 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Wow, I can't believe your due date is just around the corner.&nbsp; It really does just seem like yesterday that you were telling us that you were pregnant!&nbsp; Enjoy this time and try to relax a little, as you will have no time for that soon!&nbsp; And stronghold's right.&nbsp; Make sure that you get everything in order now.&nbsp; You never know if you will be early or not.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I loved having the year off for mat leave.&nbsp; But it goes by really fast!&nbsp; And it's soooooo hard to go back to work at the end of it.&nbsp;But it's worth every minute.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Good luck.&nbsp; We'll be waiting for pictures.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Take Care.
DARE TO DREAM
Kricket

Postby babytigger » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:33 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#LOL SH! no kidding...with the first...i stopped work exactly 3 days before she was born...with the 2nd it was 4 days!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Easter » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:23 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#wow - I better get my butt in gear! I plan on packing my hospital bag today and doing all of baby's laundry. I think everything else is ready though!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I would love for this little one to come early - the further away from Christmas, the better!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Easter

Postby Megan Ball » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:42 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yeah good for you Easter, I loved my last day of work!!! Both times!! hehehe. Yeah time to get your butt in gear, have that bag packed and ready to go(in the car is best). I can't remember if this is your first or 2nd. If it's your first you'll probably be late. Very normal and the baby is late by usually 1 week. Baby #2 is usually early then expected due date. Good luck and if you don't have the expected weight of the baby, then bring 2 different sizes of clothes!!! My girl we were expecting her to be a 6-7 lbser(this was our idea due to hubby and mine birth weight), she ended up being over 9 lbs!!!!!! The outfits that we brought for her were too small! So we gave them to the Neo-natal intensive care unit. We had to have someone go out and buy new outfits for her. Just born and she fit into 3-6 mth!!! Good luck, rest up, take advantage of people doing your housework for you(if they offer). Also. if you plan on breastfeeding baby will only poop once a week on average!!! Easier on the clean up!!! Also for you, stool stoftners and the pee bottle will be your best friends for the first week after baby is born! Let us know all the details when baby Easter arrives!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Rocket - TB
Kenzie - Arabian
Peanut - pony
Toffee - Welsh x pony
Whisper - Spotted Draft
Megan Ball

Postby babytigger » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:48 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#fyi -my girls were exactly&nbsp;a week earlier than their due date, the first time &amp; the second time.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Wildie » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:24 pm

#ed_op#DIV align=center#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#bf00bf size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#EM#ed_cl#Wow Easter I've missed so much not being able to get online here!!! Hope you are getting as much rest as you can b/c once the bundle arrives you won't be!!!!! Looking forward to hearing how things go!!!#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Remember, we are all made from the same mould. It's just that some of us are moldier than others.

Sierra Jean~Born April 7, 2004
Kathryn Amelia~Born Sept.13, 2006
Wildie
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Shoal » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:57 pm

looking forward to hearing how things go!!!

ME too!!!! I want the entire story....
I've still got another 3 mth to go, and man does it feel like an eternity away.
Shoal

Return to The Lounge