Whats your Favourite Colour of Christmas Lights?

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Whats your Favourite Colour of Christmas Lights?

Postby Kaleena » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:59 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The bf and I need to go out and get some lights for the front of the house. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So if you put lights up on your house what colour/colours do you use? and even if you don't put lights on your own house what colours or combinations do you think looks the best?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaleena
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby jax » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:03 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Depends on the house, but I have always preferred either plain old white/clear, or that darkish gold/yellow colour.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And nothing that twinkles or whirls or spins...#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Angry/1.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/4.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<b>Practice makes progress</b>
jax
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Patricia » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:04 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I like those clear lights...elegant/simple.&nbsp; I like the clear popcorn lights in small trees, shrubs.&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patricia
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Trufflemaker » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:11 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Multicolour, definitely. I just bought the new LED lights and can't wait to put them up &amp; plug them in. This weekend for sure!&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"No one can teach riding so well as a horse."
C.S. Lewis, "The Horse and His Boy"
Trufflemaker

Postby MacnRio » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:12 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I like the multi-coloured strands.&nbsp; The smaller ones on bushes, the big ones on the house.&nbsp; I do NOT like the light "nets" as they look TOO perfect.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I LOVE christmas lights adn will put up TONS!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The more I know about men, the more I like my horse(s)

On the first day God created horses, on the second day he painted them.
MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby chenders01 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:14 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm a traditional gal.&nbsp; I prefer the multi-coloured lights.&nbsp; Although the blue lights are pretty freaky-looking!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Azalee » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:23 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I like white, especially on a tree.&nbsp; I don't mind twinkles as long as they're slow. lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#I think multi-coloured looks great outdoors, especially when it has snowed and it disperses the light in a soft glow.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
...........riiight.
Azalee

Postby xena_n_joss » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:26 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#on the tree I like the clear/white lights, with nice decorations, nothing tacky... We usually put lace on the tree and then classic looking decorations. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#On the outside I like the white icicle lights#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby graciespook » Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:28 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I second the white icicle lights ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby babytigger » Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:36 pm

graciespook wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I second the white icicle lights ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#those are nice as well! i personally prefer plain ole white lights, like jax...nothing too fancy, no webs, nets, etc.....and not tacky stuff...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#after plain white lights, multi coloured lights.and no flashing, blinking, swirling, etc.....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Pony Hunter » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:01 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Another vote for multi colour! The wite ones are just so broing. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Pony Hunter

Postby Kobau » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:13 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#multi coloured.. that is what is on my house, and my tree when it goes up. My sister has all blue lights....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Being a mom is a wonderful job... being mom to a horse crazy lil boy means combining two things i adore!!!

Winter makes you appreciate mud in the spring!
Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby TequillaJack » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:18 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I buy the white ones then get red and green refils, and do the candy cane look of white, red and green.&nbsp;&nbsp; TO me those are the only christmas colours#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I detest the blue ones#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
TequillaJack
Newbies
Newbies

Postby goldendryad » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:18 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#White/plain. Goes with everything and always looks classy.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hate the multicoloured old ones that are faded with peeling paint, bleh! Also hate the people who turn them on all year long or put them up and turn them on right after Thanksgiving.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My Aunt's neighbour kept her yard in ongoing Christmas deco mode all year round (lights, jingle bells doorbell, waving elves and santa sleigh) -she got death threats.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Kaleena » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:36 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Seems like theres various opinions, surprize surprize lol :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I myself&nbsp; like the classic white lights on the house, but I think we might throw some colour in somewhere on the bushes or trees maybe.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Turns out the tree in the front yard has white lights in it already. The old owners left them there. My bf saw the cord dangling the other day and found the lights all through the tree so we got an extention cord and plugged it in. So we have one tree that is all lit up lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaleena
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Kaleena » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:36 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#double post!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Last edited by Kaleena on Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaleena
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby jax » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:49 pm

Kaleena wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Turns out the tree in the front yard has white lights in it already. The old owners left them there. My bf saw the cord dangling the other day and found the lights all through the tree so we got an extention cord and plugged it in. So we have one tree that is all lit up lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#That's hilarious!!#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Actually, I have a white house that I put white lights around on the eaves, and this year I want to get some of those light-up candycanes to put in front or along the walkway.&nbsp; But, more than likely I'll end up doing what I did last year.&nbsp; Nothing. #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<b>Practice makes progress</b>
jax
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby chenders01 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:01 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Bah, humbug, Jax!&nbsp; I'm with you.&nbsp; If it weren't for the spouse, who puts up the lights, our house would be nekkid too.&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I don't really decorate inside much for Christmas either.&nbsp; We never have anyone over, so I can't see the point in lugging out all kinds of Christmas&nbsp;"junk" for just the hubby and myself.&nbsp; We don't even have a tree...no room in our livingroom to put one up, plus the cats would most likely knock it over.&nbsp; #ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm a total Scrooge when it comes to Christmas #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Other/11.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Kobau » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:14 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i put up a tree even though i live alone... and my parents put up a tree yearly to... mom also puts up garland and all the other decorations.. for us it isn't who else might see it , it is that we love to see it! and the cats are well behaved about it all, so are the dogs!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#this year looks like i could be haveing xmas at the farm, and at my sisters..#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Being a mom is a wonderful job... being mom to a horse crazy lil boy means combining two things i adore!!!

Winter makes you appreciate mud in the spring!
Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Megan Ball » Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:57 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I go for the small white lights! Sometimes the blue, but ONLY white on the tree! But my tree is full of nice decorations, so when the kids get older they will have their own tree and can decorate it the way they want to.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Rocket - TB
Kenzie - Arabian
Peanut - pony
Toffee - Welsh x pony
Whisper - Spotted Draft
Megan Ball

Next

Return to The Lounge