Sudoku anyone?

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Sudoku anyone?

Postby Trufflemaker » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:15 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#In case anyone else wants to get fiendishly addicted... #ed_op#A href="http://www.websudoku.com/?select=1&level=1"#ed_cl#http://www.websudoku.com/?select=1&level=1#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Thinking/1.gif"#ed_cl#Apparently it's good for the brain... nice justification for playing games all day! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"No one can teach riding so well as a horse."
C.S. Lewis, "The Horse and His Boy"
Trufflemaker

Postby MacnRio » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:24 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#OK, I'm an idiot.... I SO don't get what to do! (And I have read the instructions, clear as mud to my brain).  I'm a math moron....#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/2.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The more I know about men, the more I like my horse(s)

On the first day God created horses, on the second day he painted them.
MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Chisholm » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:35 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hey I have grade 10 math and i can figure it out.  You just fill in the missing numbers.  YOu just have to be able to count up to 10 for the easy and medium level.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I found it quite boring really.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby graciespook » Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:45 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I keep messing up..addictive though! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Kaleena » Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:56 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I solved an easy one! lol....will try a harder one later. Not sure if I would log on just to play that game, but its a good time killer sitting here at work :P#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaleena
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby graciespook » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:27 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#geez...my brain doesn't work. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby chenders01 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:34 pm

MacnRio wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#OK, I'm an idiot.... I SO don't get what to do! (And I have read the instructions, clear as mud to my brain).  I'm a math moron....#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/2.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl# #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Glad I'm not alone.  I couldn't figure it out either  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/15.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl# #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby MacnRio » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:29 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh, thank god for you Chenders! lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Do you have to put a number from 1-9 in that isn't repeated in a line either across or down?  Those of you "smarties" (lol) that have it figured out EXPLAIN!!!! lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Trufflemaker » Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:38 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#There's only one rule. Fill in the blanks, using only the numbers 1-9 in each line (horizontal and diagonal) and in each square. No repeats in any line or any square. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Apparently it is really good for your brain because it makes you use logic to solve it. It does get easier to do them with practice. Beats playing spider solitaire hehe. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Trufflemaker

Postby MacnRio » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:51 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So I WAS right! I'm smarter then I thought..... YAY! haha#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby babytigger » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:32 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#weird...i saw a lady on the bus tonight on my way home.........so funny that i saw this post earlier......my sister does these puzzles as well........i haven't tried them yet. i prefer crosswords.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Piaffing » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:52 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I do these all the time. Usually the one in the Toronto Star everyday.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Frogs in a basket. Oh, one jumped out, grab that frog.
EC Level 1 Coach, ARIA Level 3 Dressage Coach, C Level Pony Club Tester
http://piaffing.blogspot.com/
www.dressagelife.com
Piaffing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby babytigger » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:38 am

Piaffing wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I do these all the time. Usually the one in the Toronto Star everyday.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ah!!!!!!!! that's where i've seen it before !!!!!!!!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby zooka » Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:21 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm not finding it easy is there any trick to it?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Trufflemaker » Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:31 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I don't find it easy either, but there are tricks to it. Go to the Wikipedia link on the Sudoku site, and you'll find information on different techniques for solving them. I found that very helpful. Today I solved the 4* difficult one in the weekend Globe&Mail! (pat, pat)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Trufflemaker

Postby zooka » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:36 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I started to get the hang of it I can see how it would be addictive!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Return to The Lounge