Holy SNOW, batman!

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Holy SNOW, batman!

Postby MacnRio » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:16 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#lol!  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/cliparts/Cartoon/7.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It has been snowing like CRAZY here (London) all day, and it is actually staying!  Big fat white flakes and a blanket of white on the ground.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Maybe my white and palmino horse (Rio) will actually be CLEAN today!!! He has been a lovely shade of MUD for the last few days. Out of the 4 he is the one who rolls the most.... doesn't it just figure.... the white one..... grrr#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The more I know about men, the more I like my horse(s)

On the first day God created horses, on the second day he painted them.
MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Chisholm » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:26 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We got beautiful snow late yesterday afternoon and last night.  All is white outside, it STAYED. YIPEE!  I guess -10 did help it stay.  And the sun is out making it a nice looking day.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I love it to snow lightly every day all winter long, then first we know it won't be miserably cold and it's so pretty.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I remember one winter that it snowed almost everyday it was great, I was teaching skiing full time at that point so it made for great skiing.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Azalee » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:27 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh no!  It's snow-fluffying here at work in TO, but not sticking.  I'm sure it's sticking at the barn, though.  Not a fan of the snow in general.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But this does mean that there should be nice snow hacking soon!  That won't be so bad...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sometimes I wish humans hibernated.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
...........riiight.
Azalee

Postby Ruth » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:51 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We got snow up past my ankles in Barrie. There was a snowsquall last night. I have decided my horses are wimps - the two foals, who do have access to the shed, were dancing at the gate threatening to call the Humane Society about the cruelty involved by making them be outdoors in such weather. They were the biggest complainers, but they were all pretty anxious to get in. The snow should go tomorrow though, they are calling for sun and 7.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby MacnRio » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:57 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I DO like the snow, so I wasn't complaining, but there is a lot of it. And it does look pretty!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The more I know about men, the more I like my horse(s)

On the first day God created horses, on the second day he painted them.
MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Ruth » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:59 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I was! I hate winter. I'm sick of it already.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby TequillaJack » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:20 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I also detest winter, if my car slides around one more corner i think i'm going to snap.  It seems every road but ours has been sanded, and theres a nice layer of ice under the snow...gurrrrrr#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
TequillaJack
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Emerald » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:27 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Don't want winter, Don't need winter, Don't Like Winter, #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Winter   Blah!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#that is where I stand to this white stuff.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Sad/1.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Emerald

Postby babytigger » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:26 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#well, the snow is sticking around in the ground at work now...in TO. the girls will love it! but i don't think there'll be much tomorrow, but maybe at the barn.......#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i don't mind snow - i personally prefer it to freezing cold & damp wet rain - which makes everything hurt.........and it looks sooooo purdy! esp at night time when there's Christmas lights up & you're going for a quiet walk........#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Ruth » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:28 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Nope, I am English and would prefer to see green grass all year round. I miss the green, I never miss snow.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby tbbrat » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:35 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I prefer a nice blanket of snow to mud or frozen ruts all winter - much nicer for riding on.  Not so keen on shovelling a couple of feet of it every other day though!  Moderation is the key LOL#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I noticed the baby goats were not keen on coming out of the barn this morning - fried their little brains I think.  "Mommy, mommy, the world looks funny!"  And my horse had snowballs in his feet - I don't think this snow is going to stay long or I'd get his shoes pulled.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:47 pm

I'm English as well. It's a toss up between the cold and damp in England that gets into your bones and the snow and cold here. But at least we have nice warm houses in Canada. I am going to visit my mum in England next week for 7 days, that's all I can handle. Last time I went it took over a week for me to stop shivering!! Her house is COLD, even when she turns the heating on.

BUT, I HATE driving in the nasty stuff. It just plain scares me and don't even talk to me about driving in snow at night!! I think I am going to spend the winter indoors and only venture out on nice days or when I run out of food :D
Elizabeth
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Megan Ball » Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:00 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I hate winter!! In my dream world it would only snow twice a year and only stay for 5 days each time. Christmas Eve and New years Eve!!! Thats all!! Then it should be nice and warm!! I hate snow! Dangerous stuff!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Rocket - TB
Kenzie - Arabian
Peanut - pony
Toffee - Welsh x pony
Whisper - Spotted Draft
Megan Ball

Postby Pilgram » Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:47 pm

woohoo my fav season has arrived. it was snowing all day and we also
have a nice blanket of the white stuff hehe just enough you can draw in
it with your feet and see the green underneath LoL.
BORN TO RIDE--FORCED TO WORK
When riding you borrow freedom!
Live well,Laugh lots,Ride often.
**Apples are so over-rated~ A Horse I know**
Pilgram

Postby zooka » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:17 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#the only up side for me is that Zooka stayed white today after beeing out in the snow instead of the mud!!!  Other then that I could do without it!  Except for Christmas there just needs to be snow Christmas morning.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby babytigger » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:35 pm

zooka wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# Except for Christmas there just needs to be snow Christmas morning.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#now that idea is correct - there#ed_op#U#ed_cl# must#ed_op#/U#ed_cl# be snow at Christmas...........i couldn't imagine not having snow at Christmas.....my daughters daycare teacher was so excited about the snow, she was singing Christmas carols all day....LOL...of course i told her to shaddup...she can sing them in a few weeks....gots to wait until after my b-day. that was a rule in my house growing up! lol! no Christmas talk to after my b-day.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby lifeafterracing » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:45 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I keep telling myself that it's not too bad.  It's better than this... #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Other/20.gif"#ed_cl#  at any rate.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It is supposed to go up to 7*C tomorrow and Sunday.  Can anyone say 'mud'?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
lifeafterracing

Postby babytigger » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:47 pm

lifeafterracing wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I keep telling myself that it's not too bad.  It's better than this... #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Other/20.gif"#ed_cl#  at any rate.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It is supposed to go up to 7*C tomorrow and Sunday.  Can anyone say 'mud'?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i always say i'll take snow over rain anyday.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i'm supposed to go with the kids, my sis & her brrod on sunday to the TO SC parade....i already told the kids if it's raining, we're not going.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#that crappy cold rain we had this week reaked havoc on my back, ankle & knee problems....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Ruth » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:37 am

babytigger wrote:[#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#now that idea is correct - there#ed_op#U#ed_cl# must#ed_op#/U#ed_cl# be snow at Christmas...........i couldn't imagine not having snow at Christmas#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#No, I think white sand at the beach is a perfectly good substitute for snow at Christmas. My mother's from Trinidad, and growing up in England you don't get white Christmases (maybe in the north, but we were southwest).#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Elizabeth - my aunt is convinced that Leeds in winter is actually the coldest place on earth.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby *Giddy Up* » Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:18 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The snow is now gone. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I actually like a nice, moderate (good point there tbbbrat) layer of snow to make everything look pretty.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It's the frigid temperatures and wind I don't like. Give me just around 0 all winter with constant light snow (you know, it stays on the house and grass, but is easily moved/melted from roads and drive ways), and I could deal for the couple of months. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Next

Return to The Lounge