Holy SNOW, batman!

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Postby Ruth » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:39 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I could cope with that GU! The problem is that's not how it usually works. I have often thought I would have a much easier time with winter if it didn't get below -5, and we didn't get sooo much snow. Actually when I lived in Hamilton I really didn't find it as bad as Barrie.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby *Giddy Up* » Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:52 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh yeah, I'm sure you definitely get more snow in Barrie, and cold weather. I'm sure you probably also get more snow drifts and pain in the butt things like that (more open space for things to blow). I know that there's a different in temp when you're standing in the middle of Hamilton and when I'm up at the barn- so I can imagine there's a big difference from here to Barrie. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby babytigger » Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:50 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#LOL ruth - i've heard about theose English winters...both my parents were born in South-End, LOL!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i don't mind snow at all....but it's the -30 plus the freakin wind that i can't stand either........snow, in moderation, is fine.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i've heard about the snow in Barrie - isn't that snow belt country? that would explain it!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby graciespook » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:06 am

babytigger wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#LOL ruth - i've heard about theose English winters...both my parents were born in South-End, LOL!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i don't mind snow at all....but it's the -30 plus the freakin wind that i can't stand either........snow, in moderation, is fine.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i've heard about the snow in Barrie - isn't that snow belt country? that would explain it!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Its the wind and dampness...I agree. The snow and winter in itself is not so bad. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby MacnRio » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:14 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I MUCH prefer snow over rain...... Rain means MUD, we have a ton of mud again now.... YUCK!!!  Supposed to stay mild for the next few days and rain.....  But, I did get my christmas lights up in this nicer weather.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The more I know about men, the more I like my horse(s)

On the first day God created horses, on the second day he painted them.
MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby babytigger » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:50 am

MacnRio wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# But, I did get my christmas lights up in this nicer weather.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ACK!!!!!! don't remind me.........the kids are buggin about where we're going to put the Christmas tree already.....#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/17.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby MacnRio » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:00 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#K, no TREE up yet, just the lights outside up!!  The tree can wait a few more weeks. But I must admit, I LOVE christmas lights!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The more I know about men, the more I like my horse(s)

On the first day God created horses, on the second day he painted them.
MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Previous

Return to The Lounge