Ugh!!!!!!!!

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Ugh!!!!!!!!

Postby Brianna » Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:29 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#6000bf#ed_cl#Ever have one of those weeks where you should have just stayed in bed on Sunday and slept straight through? I'm starting to think this is one of those weeks... :-\ I dunno if it is the full moon...or just people in general...#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#6000bf#ed_cl#I thought it was going well enough...lol. Wrong-o. I spent $214 or so getting my car fixed on Wed. (which, incidentally may have gotten me a date...but you'll see a slight problem with this in a minute...) - may have failed, or gotten a bad grade, anyway - on an exam, also on Wed. and then Thurs, while I was at work, my wallet, checkbooks and cell phone were stolen from my purse. ((Uh, yea...gave the guy my cell number...omg, I feel so horrible...if he called Thurs or last night, then it would have told him at my request the service had been disconnected. which looks like I gave him my number and shut the phone off or gave him the wrong number...which I didn't!!...I am hoping to see him tonight...))#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#6000bf#ed_cl#Thank god they didn't take the whole purse (i.e. car keys were in it) - and take my car too - since I had my laptop in the trunk and $550 worth of text books and art supplies also in the trunk. I have a gut feeling about who did it, but that person denies it. It looks bad, but I can't prove it, either. So...I put everything on hold, and have begun sorting it out, starting with my drivers' license, so I can start reopening bank accounts, etc. (not to mention driving legally and having a photo id). #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#6000bf#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#6000bf#ed_cl#Also in the wallet were pictures given to me by my two closest friends, their senior pictures/yearbook pictures with messages written to me from our senior year in high school. I am hoping my boss will let me post a sign in the window asking whoever took the wallet to send the pictures to the store, no questions asked. :(#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#6000bf#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#6000bf#ed_cl#I have no idea what I did to deserve a bad karma move like this...#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Sad/2.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Brianna
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Leena » Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:18 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Brianna, I share your despair. This is too bad to get stolen and in fact a pain in the  $%/? . I hope for you you will get your wallet and everything else back.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Leena#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Leena
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby zooka » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:30 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#wow that is not good at all.  One of my biggest fears is having my wallet stollen so I check on it often when I am out.  What na hassle to go and get everything re-done!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Ruth » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:30 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sorry to hear that Brianna. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Brianna » Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:13 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#6000bf#ed_cl#Thanks, guys. #ed_op#IMG onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#C6D3EF';this.style.border='1px solid #3169C6'; " style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; CURSOR: pointer; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" onclick="InsertImage('/richedit/smileys/confused.gif');" onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor=''; this.style.border=''" src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/confused.gif" align=absMiddle#ed_cl# I feel violated - (and with no cell, kind of vulnerable, lol.) I'm really frustrated with the whole situation. It was not a cheap wallet, for one - it was my Xmas present to myself last year. I don't normally splurge on stuff like that, but I really liked it and it was on sale. I'd made a nice bonus in December and decided to spend it on myself. #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#6000bf#ed_cl#Obviously the inconvenience of having to put all my accounts on hold, and have no way to access any of my money until Monday at the earliest is huge, too. But in all honesty, I care more about the pictures that were in the wallet. Everything else can be replaced...and will be. And I only lost $10 in cash, everything else was locked down before anything could be spent. But the pictures hold sentimental value, y'know? And I almost lost it when I remembered they were in there...and that I might not see them again. Sure, my friends can give me new ones and write on those, too...but it will never be the same message.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#6000bf#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#6000bf#ed_cl#I don't think I'll see any of it again. The police told me there is nothing they can do except file a report. Agreed, how do you trace something that walked away from a purse which can't be fingerprinted because it is cloth?? There's no evidence against the person my gut says did it, either. So...nothing they can do there, either. My boss did let me post the sign - so, hopefully I will get my pictures back, but I am not getting my hopes up. At the very least, I think the sign will serve to remind my customers to watch their things a little closer during the holiday season.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#6000bf#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#6000bf#ed_cl#Life does go on. Just hugely inconvenient to have to deal with all this! #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#6000bf#ed_cl#On a good note...I saw my new buddy tonight, and he said he was really glad I came in because he'd tried to call me, but thought maybe his cell phone was out of service. lol, I told him it wasn't his, and explained that my cell and some other things had been stolen so I'd had it shut off and it would be a couple weeks before I got the cell back up and turned on again. But, I did give him my home number, after confirming that it does, in fact, work, when he asked, lol. :) There is a bright side to every story...but is this week over yet? lol#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Brianna
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

re

Postby lola s » Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:31 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#0000ff#ed_cl#Did you check the dumpsters around the neighbourhood you got your stuff stolen?  Often times a theif will just take the valuables and chuck the rest.  Much easier to NOT get caught if they aren't walking around with your ID. #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#0000ff#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#0000ff#ed_cl#Don't lose hope though, I lost my wallet in Calgary a few years ago and had resigned myself to never seeing it or anything again.  A day later, I got a call from (this is weird) this guy, I had worked with years ago.  He was working at a gas station in a part of the city I never go, and somebody had turned my wallet in there.  Of course, the cash was gone, but everything else was there .  I also got to see an old friend I'd lost track of. #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#0000ff#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#0000ff#ed_cl#Having said all that, I think my week has sucked worse.  I don't even want to get into it, its been so bad. #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
lola s
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Brianna » Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:45 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#Aww, sorry to hear that Lola. Sort of good to know neither of us is alone in having a bad week, tho, isn't it? I hope things get better for you...if you want to talk, feel free to PM me. :)#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#Yes, the police checked the dumpsters, and so did I and my boss. And we had the guy who does the trash and cleans the plaza keep an eye out for it when he did trash the next morning. That does give me a ray of hope, hearing that you got your stuff back...but, I don't want to think I will see it again...because guaranteed if I do, I won't. Like I said, at this point, all I want back are my pictures. And I don't think I'll see those either. #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#Also, it seems rather deliberate...the checkbooks were not a part of the wallet, and were in a separate compartment from the wallet, which was zipped. Whoever took it, I think, was out to get some free money. Too bad for them I am too quick, lol...and have 24-hr banking and customer service on all of my accounts. ;)#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Brianna
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby zooka » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:35 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#well at least you got it worked out with the guy that is an upside!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby *Giddy Up* » Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:26 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well, if it makes you feel any better, I once left my wallet (had all my identification in it) at a track practice down at the local university. I went back to look for it, but someone had picked it up. But, a week later, I got a call from the library saying someone turned the wallet into the university and they called the library saying they had my card (why they couldn't see my phone number on my drivers license and health card who knows...but still, I'm glad I got it).#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I hope you get it back! Its too bad these things happen- and they do tend to happen lots more near the Christmas season (some people, mostly kids, decide to steal for christmas presents and such- we've had alot of thefts in my school from backpacks over the last couple of weeks). #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And hey, you got yourself a respective date!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Ruth » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:37 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I will join in with the not having a good week too. No catastrophes like death or disease, but enough problems and frustrations for so long, and a couple of what would seem like smallish things that happened a week ago Friday, that I am no longer seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, and where I am usually quite good at keeping my chin up, and putting a positive spin on life I am failing in that regard too. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Brianna » Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:03 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#Sorry to hear that, Ruth. I know what you mean, though - after awhile, with one or two too many bad things happening, you just start to go, why me? What did I do?? And to be fair, a lot of the time, everything could be worse, but still...#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#Yes...a date, lol. Poor guy, hehe - I still feel bad that he tried to call and got that disconnected message...I have to give him credit though. He'll call...but I have a feeling it won't be until his next day off...which, hopefully, is tomorrow, even though I won't be home most of the day, lol. Ah well, I'll talk to him eventually!! #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Brianna
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Ruth » Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:21 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yes, you'll see him when you see him, right?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well, I'm not even doing the "Why me" thing, although I have certainly had moments in my life where I have! This is beyond that even - these two not large in and of themselves bad news/items have precipitated a feeling of hopelessness, and some out of character behavior - more than one incident - which due to the results of one incident I have at least recognized, but again it is not characteristic for me to not see the upside for very long and I can't seem to find it. Recognizing that I am having a problem is the start, but usually steps to a solution come to me and they are not.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby babytigger » Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:58 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#bri - that bites, large!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hope your wallet turns up! i'm still waiting with baited breath for mine. i "lost" it last year when we moved, on the moving date...i had it when i got out of the car...and 20 seconds later in the house - it's gone!!!!!!!!! i think i dropped it on the lawn, and a moving guy scooped it in all honesty...because there's no way it could have disappeared that fast any other way...it was literally 20-30 seconds!!!! and it had no cash, but my ID & the kids, and it's been a b!tch getting it back...i'm still trying.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hope things start lookign up for everyone who's having a crappy time - include me in that list...one day it'll all be better.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby graciespook » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:05 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My car was broken into last year and some things were stolen--it IS a violation! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Return to The Lounge