Best place for Dressage Apparel

Dressage

Moderator: EC

Best place for Dressage Apparel

Postby horsecrazy333 » Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:35 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hey Guys#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Wondering where the best place to buy Dressage apparel is.  I found the full seat breeches I like and I know I want a sleeveless shirt so that's easy, but what about a Dressage coat?  I'm in the Oakville area.  I don't even know where to look but I don't want to break the bank.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
horsecrazy333

Tack Shops

Postby Fritz » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:14 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Dressage stuff is hard to come by with the smaller tack stores; there just isn't a market for it.  Bahr's certainly carries a variety of apparel.  There are also little gems around - Troika Equestrian Centre (Guelph) has a cute little tack store that carries a lot of German brands that are well priced.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Your best bet is to order from Dressage Extensions (www.dressageextensions.com)- they have the best variety and good prices (even when considering the exchange rate)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Fritz
Newbies
Newbies

Postby *rickie* » Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:06 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#Hey HC, #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#I got my Dressage coat used for a GREAT price here on EC (thanks EC!), so maybe check here?! As for a a sleeveless shirt, just be aware that if they allow for coats to be removed, you will have to wear you coat, as you HAVE to have a shirt with at least short sleeves...so just be aware of that. I show with a sleeveless shirt, but I NEVER take my coat off in the ring no matter how hot it is....I figure, it's just 5 mins, and I can deal with it for that long to make a good impression.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#As for everything else, you don't NEED dressage everything, but I would say look for some used stuff, my coat ended up fitting me 100% perfect...so it was a definite steal!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#Apple has started to carry more Dressage stuff, so you could check there. I have no experience with Dressage Extensions, as I buy all my stuff either on sale, or second hand (or I make it!) as I'm a poor student!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#Best of luck, let us know how it goes!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
I'm the proud new owner of a Fez! hahahaha
*rickie*
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Piaffing » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:21 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Baker's has some great stuff.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Frogs in a basket. Oh, one jumped out, grab that frog.
EC Level 1 Coach, ARIA Level 3 Dressage Coach, C Level Pony Club Tester
http://piaffing.blogspot.com/
www.dressagelife.com
Piaffing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ebay

Postby LucasL » Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:20 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Try on what you want in the local stores, then try to find it on Ebay. I bought my show coat (from someone in Germany) for about half what I would have paid around here (and that includes shipping and customs charges).#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
LucasL
Groupie
Groupie

Postby horsecrazy333 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:43 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hey Guys#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thought I would share I popped into Repeat Rider today and got a dress coat.  Nice and light.  No big name but velvet collar for $75+tax.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Not bad and it fits really well.   I tried on more expensive ones but they were so heavy and I thought about how hot I was last year.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks for all your help.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
horsecrazy333

Return to Dressage