What are your Plans for 2005?

Dressage

Moderator: EC

What are your Plans for 2005?

Postby Fritz » Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:24 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Haven't seen this topic for a while - what are you showing and where this season?  Have you gotten ALL your memberships yet?  What are your goals for the season?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Fritz
Newbies
Newbies

Postby High Hopes » Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:30 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#For me I am not heading to the show grounds as I thought!   My horse is young and needs further education with my coach.  It is a shame as I was really looking forward to getting back to it, but I suppose it will have to hold off another year.   #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Good luck to all those who are competing this year though!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Before I loved horses I had nothing to live for, Now I love horses and can't stop seeing things to live for. God bless the Creature that is so noble they make me feel ALIVE!!
High Hopes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Marty_Jones » Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:04 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Im planning on taking Marty to some dressage shows and maybe an event or two. I have to teach him to jump first though lol but dressage has been our main thing for the past few months(since oct) so those are my plans for Marty but as for me I want to get my CEF rider levels(all 3) but then end of the year so then I can get my coaching level 1 the next year. So thats it.#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/1.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~STEPH~

You ask me to show you poetry in motion.... I'll show you a horse.

My horse is better then any guy! he wont cheat, he wont lie, and he listens to all my problems and never tells a soul. Love Marty My 'lil snot head.
Marty_Jones
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby *rickie* » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:53 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#I'm going to be moving down south, and once I get there, I plan to start my horse......I need to get going on him, he'll be 3 this year, and I haven't even sat on him yet!!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#So I'll be bussy with that, and I'm also planning on doing some more coaching, and fingers crossed I'll get a couple project horses to train.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#Nothing to fancy; this'll be my 1st summer not showing in 4 years!!! So it'll be a change that's for sure.........#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
I'm the proud new owner of a Fez! hahahaha
*rickie*
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby chenders01 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:53 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I haven't replied as yet, because I don't really have any "firm" showing plans for this year.  As you all know, Dali is for sale.  I had planned on showing him this year, in at least the walk-trot tests at our local CADORA shows, but now, that goal has sorta gone down the drain...#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Sad/11.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Tequila, the 3yo Paint I'm riding, if I decide to purchase her once Dali sells, I might take to one or two of the CADORA shows, and do the walk-trot tests.  Or, I might take her to some other local (non-dressage) shows.  Or, I might just do the little in-house shows that will likely be held at our barn.  It really depends on how things go with her, and whether I feel she can handle it or not.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My main goal, if I buy her, will be to just get her out and about, without any serious "showing".  I mean, she's only 3.  I don't want to fry her little brain, or push her beyond what she's physically able to do.  I think that hacking will take up most of my summer.  I might take her camping up at Sandaraska Park.  A group from the barn go on the long weekends and I've been invited to come if I want to.  It'd be really good training for her, so I might go for at least one of the weekends. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Chisholm » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:26 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well my plans this year got changed 6 weeks  ago when Chis tore a hamstring.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Now my plans are to just ride him daily gradually building him up to full work again by end of May.  Then I hope to maybe go to a couple of shows in August if he's ready.  More to prepare him for next year.  This will make to show seasons I have missed.  Last year for family reasons.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Other than that I hope to get lots of teaching in when I get a clientelle built back up.  Haven't seriously taught in over  year.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Patricia » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:50 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Showing isn't everything....BUT rather that your journey riding/training continues no matter what direction it takes.  It can be upseting that your plans may change....I have not had any time to ride as of late--due to a sick relative.  I made time yesterday for a ME day.  Just enjoy the journey no matter what turns and twists you encounter.  I will be bringing my guy home in spring to continue working at home.  He may come home sooner--no point in paying for an indoor while you spend a lot of time driving to/and hospital visits.  My plan is to re-start another horse at home now that I am somewhat riding again.  Gotta wait for decent footing and weather and time and a good mental attitude.  It is all about the journey....keep at it!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patricia
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Ruth » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:46 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We are starting with a schooling at Pause Awhile 2nd level. If that is fairly positive we will show National 2nd Level. Last year we gave 2nd Level a try, but were informed by the judge that he really wasn't ready yet. I did try again at a later show and had a better test (a 58% and 5th out of 12, I was happy with that), but we'll see what they think this year. I think we're ready. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Return to Dressage