Colours of Dressage Saddles

Dressage

Moderator: EC

Colours of Dressage Saddles

Postby Addicted2Chestnuts » Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:53 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Recently I was in a tack shop and saw a light coloured dressage saddle, I had never seen one before. Does anyone have one, are they rare, can u show in them??? I always thought they had to dark (brown/black).#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#thanxs#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~Where ever my horse is, is where I will be~
Addicted2Chestnuts
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Lix » Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:01 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Was it just a really light brown?  Or was it beige-white?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Never seen the latter, but if it was just a light brown or taupe, they should be allowed.  They are just not as traditional.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Lix

Postby Addicted2Chestnuts » Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:12 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It was the chesnuty-tan colour.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~Where ever my horse is, is where I will be~
Addicted2Chestnuts
Newbies
Newbies

Postby draftdriver » Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:04 am

The colour of the saddle doesn't matter to the judge.
draftdriver
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Caballo » Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:21 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hello,#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If I am remembering this correctly (and correct me if I'm wrong, *rickie*), *rickie* rode in a light brown (sandy coloured) saddle for a Trillium competition and the steward told her he's let it slide for that show, but that she should change it in the future.  Luckily it was a borrowed saddle.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#-Caballo #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Caballo
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Caballo » Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:24 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hello,#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If I am remembering this correctly (and correct me if I'm wrong, *rickie*), *rickie* rode in a light brown (sandy coloured) saddle for a Trillium competition and the steward told her he's let it slide for that show, but that she should change it in the future.  Luckily it was a borrowed saddle.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#-Caballo #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Caballo
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Judy F » Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:24 pm

The rule book simply says " a plain English saddle, black or brown colour only...." Nothing about shade of brown. There are a lot of hunter style saddles that are a light brown or chestnut colour and these would be okay.
To ride well is the mark of a gentleman. To ride too well is the sign of a mis-spent youth. Athena the owl in "Outfoxed" by Rita Mae Brown.
-- Distrust any enterprises that require new clothes. EM Forster
Judy F
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

dressage saddle

Postby Dressage_Rider » Sat May 07, 2005 8:16 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#would a brown (darker brown) dressage saddle sufice for a trillium show? as I may buy one, but i am planning to show higher levels than schooling. Also does the bridle have to be black or will a dark brown..oakbark, sufice also?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#thanks#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~Dressage Rider & Armstrong
Dressage_Rider
Newbies
Newbies

Postby *rickie* » Sat May 07, 2005 11:15 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#Brown is fine for any kind of tack for your horse for Trillium or above level.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#And YES...Caballo is RIGHT!&nbsp; I rode in a much much lighter brown dressage saddle (the color of dry beach sand) and I got nailed for it at a show. Ring Steward gave me a very hard time about it. Ended up that he did let it slide, but he said if he ever saw it again, he wouldn't let it slide. So I really have to question that rule about it being able to be ANY color.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#I now have a dark drown dressage saddle, but it has that yellow brown color on the panels, and under it. No problems with it....at all.....but that light sand colored one.....yup...something about it just didn't go well with the ring steward.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
I'm the proud new owner of a Fez! hahahaha
*rickie*
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby panzita0 » Sat May 21, 2005 8:52 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#this is off topic but I was just curious (I haven't competed big yet) but what exactly is a ring stewart and does his have like power? like a judge? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
panzita0
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Judy F » Sun May 22, 2005 5:33 pm

The steward is the final arbiter/interpreter of the rules during a dressage competition. He/she has the final say (even over the judge!) as to whether or not you are eliminated. Some are better/more lenient than others.
To ride well is the mark of a gentleman. To ride too well is the sign of a mis-spent youth. Athena the owl in "Outfoxed" by Rita Mae Brown.
-- Distrust any enterprises that require new clothes. EM Forster
Judy F
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to Dressage