I just made a dressage pad discovery!`

Dressage

Moderator: EC

I just made a dressage pad discovery!`

Postby Chisholm » Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:42 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well I just discovered Ecogold Frictionless saddle pads.  They are amazing.  No more welts for Chissy!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My poor Chis can't stand most pads, they move around under too much and cause welts.  After 3 years of saddle fitting and saddle pads experiments I discovered the problem with the  pads.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So I discovered the ecogold pad while down in the States only to find out they are made in Montreal.  And not overly expensive. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#A number of our dressage riders are using these pads now.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And they wash so easily because of what they are made out of.  A rubber type material, no cloth involved.  Going to be great in the summer I think.#ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Just wanted to share my discovery!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby weehaw » Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:56 pm

i was looking into those!! so they really are nice?? where did you get yours?
live to ride, ride to live
proud mother of beautiful thoroughbred mare
weehaw
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Chisholm » Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:00 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Go to #ed_op#A href="http://www.ecogold.ca"#ed_cl#www.ecogold.ca#ed_op#/A#ed_cl# and they have listed of stores, not very many.  I hope to make a trip to Hudson, Quebec to another one soon at Sandridge Saddlery.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Sodapoppers » Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:14 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The local tack shop near me has the Barnsby brand no - slip pads. Very cool!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Grab Life by the Sodapoppers
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Keetee » Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:46 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We ordered from Ecogold and the shipping was very reasonable.  If you are not close to a store ask them to send it in the mail.  They were also very prompt.  I am very happy that a Canadian company is all the rage!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Keetee
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Chisholm » Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:35 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yes it is great to be able to purchase a good Canadian product.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Ellie » Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:54 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hi Chisholm,#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have also looked at their web site and their pads look really nice. Which of the pads did you try?  I have Christian coming in a couple of weeks to check Ellie's saddle as once again it seems to be slipping forward onto her shoulders.  Do you think one of their pads would help?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ellie

Postby Chisholm » Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:03 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ellie, yes very well could be these pads will help.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I emailed Christian to tell him about my discovery!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Try the schooling pad.  It's the $60 one.  I love it so far.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#SP I don't know anything about other non-slip pads, ones by Barnsby?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Until these I hadn't seen any others that were full pads, I've seen ones you add to what you already ride with.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby draftdriver » Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:38 am

Chis, Ecogold has had a booth at the Oakhurst Horse Trials for the past two years. I bought a very nice Thinsulate vest from them there. Phone or e-mail Oakhurst and ask if Ecogold will be at their next HT. That would save you a trip to Hudson.
draftdriver
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Chisholm » Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:24 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#DD they will be at the May CDI as well.  No worries.  I can always order one if I really decide I need another one right now. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# But Anne G. and I are due to for a trip to Hudson for lunch!  In Hudson you have 3 tack shops in almost walking distance of each other.  Well worth the trip.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Morgan1981 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:53 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hi there...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Just thought I would share my thoughts on the Ecogold pad.  I bought one before Christmas and it the only pad that I like to use.  It's fantastic.  It stays in place nicely and doesn't rub.  Not to mention the easy cleaning.  You can hose them off and the dry in about an hour.  They have a nice silky underlayer that sits against the horse's withers and back and the rubber keeps the pad in place from bunching or slipping.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The one I bought was about $150 but it was worth every penny.  The people from the company came out to our barn in North Gower and showed us all the merchandise.  They made us our barn jackets and vests and even custom made a few to fit perfect.  I also have the fleece cooler and it is also very nice.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I would higly recommed the company and the quality of their products.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Morgan1981
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Chisholm » Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:21 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hey what barn in North Gower.  Gee I am in the Ottawa area I would have like to have been in on that.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well they will be at the Ottawa CDI in  May.  If I don't get another one sooner, don't really need another one yet, because it washes up so easily.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Morgan1981 » Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:25 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm out at Blueprint Farm in North Gower.  We have had most of our stuff done by Ecogold...Jackets, pads, polos, coolers, vests, and they are very good quality items.  They are very good about coming out to your barn if there is a guarantee that the trip will be worthwhile for them. I think they have to come out from Montreal.  They brought out many samples of most of their items so that we could touch and fall in love with all the nice fabrics. mmmm the polos are so nice and fuzzy!  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Morgan1981
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Morgan1981 » Thu May 12, 2005 10:02 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Just thought I would let those interested know that I believe EcoGold will be at the CDI next weekend at the Park (NNEP) for those of you that are in the Ottawa area.  The frictionless pads are something to check out.  I love mine and use it regularly.  May pick up a second one next weekend.  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley2.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Repeat frequently,
Be happy with very little,
Reward generously for progress.

-n. oliveras
Morgan1981
Newbies
Newbies

Return to Dressage