Question about EC dressage tests vs USEF dressage tests

Dressage

Moderator: EC

Question about EC dressage tests vs USEF dressage tests

Postby down centerline » Wed May 04, 2005 10:06 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I found a really cool US website  called " digital horse", there is a CD that can be purchased with animated dressage tests from training level to fourth level.  They showed a  sample of the training level test 1 and it looks the same as the EC trainng level test 1, however my coach told me that the USEF tests are different.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Fairly new to dressage but I thought in 2003 Dressage Canada adopted the USA Equestrian tests...Can anyone clear this up for me???  I would really like to buy this CD but not if the tests are different.  Thanks      #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
down centerline
Newbies
Newbies

Postby *rickie* » Thu May 05, 2005 5:56 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#They did adopt the US tests. They are one and the same now. So I'd say go ahead and buy the CD!   #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/3.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#Oh and welcome to the board! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/19.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
I'm the proud new owner of a Fez! hahahaha
*rickie*
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Piaffing » Thu May 05, 2005 8:37 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yes they are the same. One of the reasons Canada is using the US tests is for cross border entries.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Frogs in a basket. Oh, one jumped out, grab that frog.
EC Level 1 Coach, ARIA Level 3 Dressage Coach, C Level Pony Club Tester
http://piaffing.blogspot.com/
www.dressagelife.com
Piaffing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby EC » Fri May 06, 2005 12:00 am

Ditto with the above posts - Canada uses the USEF dressage tests. They are the same.
EquestrianConnection.com - connecting equestrians everywhere
EC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Shoal » Fri May 06, 2005 10:59 am

Where are the CD available and how much??
Shoal

USEF Dressage Tests & Rule Book

Postby down centerline » Tue May 24, 2005 8:50 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks for all your responses.  I did order and received the CD (35 US) includes delivery.  Very cool CD...shows all the USEF dressage tests-Ttraining level through to Fourth level as well as the FEI 2005 Dressage tests.  The tests are colour coded & animated with voice explanations of each step/ movement/directives and the tests can be printed out showing each seperate movement within the arena .  There is also lots of other information ie explanations of arena setup (standard or 20/40), exercises, what the judge is looking for at each movement ie halt, free walk  etc, explanation on circle sizes in small or standard area. Plus the USEF Dressage & FEI Dressage Rule book,  too#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It may be a little expensive, but for those that have trouble with dyslexia this certainly helps!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The website is TheDigitalHorse.com.....there are samples of what you get on the CD...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My first show is this weekend...so we will see how well this CD helped the learning impaired.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
down centerline
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Chisholm » Wed May 25, 2005 7:17 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That's a really cool website.  I may just order that CD myself.  Very cool.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Return to Dressage