Cornerstone Dressage Show

Dressage

Moderator: EC

Postby jax » Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:55 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hopefully this works...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://www.cornerstonefarms.com/shows.asp"#ed_cl#http://www.cornerstonefarms.com/shows.asp#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<b>Practice makes progress</b>
jax
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Terry3025 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:57 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Were there any photographers there???#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"Competitive riding should be classical riding at its best." -Charles de Kunffy

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses." -R. B. Cunningham Graham
Terry3025

Postby Ruth » Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:48 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We didn't have the best show. I did 2nd Level Test 2 on the Saturday. I didn't see the part in the test booklet that said "Halt at X. Jiggle head around. Buck rider off when asked to move forward". Well, he didn't succeed in bucking me off, but he did try. I also don't recall there being a flying change to counter canter asked for at the end of the medium canter either, but he thought there was. That test was in Ring 5 and he spent the whole time with his mind out in the field next to it. At one point I just stopped, although that seemed to be the theme of the day, I saw Ashley Wright halt her horse 3 times between C and A a little later, and my coach told me not to think he'd lost his mind if he did the same thing in his test. In spite of the high jinks and nose-blowing we did have some good moments, enough to end up with a 55 which thoroughly amazed me.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We did 2nd Level Test 3 Sunday morning, he was quieter and more obedient, but still quite tense through his back so he wasn't really uphill and collected, plus like an idiot I went off course, so only a 54 on that one.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#2nd Level Test 4 we got it together and managed a 59 and 5th, and that was with pathetic mediums, which are our weak point. His strong point is lateral work, so if we can just nail those mediums...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I think it was Piaffing that asked about the Test of Choice classes. They started those last year as an opportunity to get your horse in the ring before the "real" test. Same thing as buying a warm-up round at a hunter show. I haven't made any use of them myself, although apparently it would have been a good idea.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Previous

Return to Dressage