Whip length

Dressage

Moderator: EC

Whip length

Postby Morgan1981 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:31 pm

Anyone know the legal length of a whip in National level dressage. It been a while since I last showed. I remeber it was 49 inches but that was 5 years ago. Can anyone update me?

I've searched the rule book but can only find the ruling for FEI level. I'll only be showing level 1 maybe 2 by the end of the season.

Any help would be appreciated...Thanks!
Repeat frequently,
Be happy with very little,
Reward generously for progress.

-n. oliveras
Morgan1981
Newbies
Newbies

Postby EC » Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:12 am

125cm (including the lash)
EquestrianConnection.com - connecting equestrians everywhere
EC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Judy F » Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:26 am

Which, ironically, equals 49 inches! This is an increase from the former legal length of 101 mm, 40 inches that has prevailed for quite some time.
To ride well is the mark of a gentleman. To ride too well is the sign of a mis-spent youth. Athena the owl in "Outfoxed" by Rita Mae Brown.
-- Distrust any enterprises that require new clothes. EM Forster
Judy F
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Morgan1981 » Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:18 pm

ok awesome that;'s what I thought but I was under the assumption that it had changes to 110cm (43 inches). I am assuming this is just for FEI warm up regulation?
Repeat frequently,
Be happy with very little,
Reward generously for progress.

-n. oliveras
Morgan1981
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Judy F » Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:39 pm

Yes, but there's a new rule there: for championship shows and FEI classes, you must drop the whip BEFORE entering the competition AREA. You can't use it to get your horse around outside the ring and then drop it a A anymore.
To ride well is the mark of a gentleman. To ride too well is the sign of a mis-spent youth. Athena the owl in "Outfoxed" by Rita Mae Brown.
Judy F
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby EC » Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:08 pm

Just to clarify the above re: FEI classes - dropping the whip before
entering the competition area (ie. around the ring) applies to #ed_op#span style="font-weight: bold;"#ed_cl#CDIs only#ed_op#/span#ed_cl# (not Primary, Provincial or National competitions)#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
EquestrianConnection.com - connecting equestrians everywhere
EC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Judy F » Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:27 pm

Not quite Kerri -- we've got those new rules just brought into effect. Dropping the whip outside the compettition area applies to CDI (FEI sanctioned competitions) AND to Championships, World Cup Qualifiers and National Team Trials.

In effect, any type of competition were you can't carry the whip in the ring, you also can't carry it around the ring. 8)
Judy F
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Judy F » Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:28 pm

Not quite Kerri -- we've got those new rules just brought into effect. Dropping the whip outside the compettition area applies to CDI (FEI sanctioned competitions) AND to Championships, World Cup Qualifiers and National Team Trials.

In effect, any type of competition were you can't carry the whip in the ring, you also can't carry it around the ring. 8)
Judy F
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to Dressage