Amazing New Dressage Test

Dressage

Moderator: EC

Amazing New Dressage Test

Postby Trufflemaker » Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:44 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT size=4#ed_cl# #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT size=3#ed_cl#A friend gave me this the other day and I thought ECers would enjoy it...#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#CENTER#ed_cl##ed_op#H1#ed_cl#The Amazing New Dressage Test#ed_op#/H1#ed_cl##ed_op#H3#ed_cl#For Horses Unsuitable to Become Anything#ed_op#/H3#ed_cl##ed_op#I#ed_cl#By Joanna MacDonald et al#ed_op#/I#ed_cl##ed_op#/CENTER#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#H4#ed_cl#The Test#ed_op#/H4#ed_cl##ed_op#PRE#ed_cl#1. A. Enter at ordinary serpentine. X. Sprawl. Salute.2. C. Stop dead. Stare in horror at judge and shy to left. Continue at ordinary working gallop.3. E. Stagger left 20 or 15 or 22 meters in diameter circle or pear shape or five pointed star. Avoid excessive crossing of legs.4. K. Begin to halt. Z. Keep trying. F. You can do it. B. Pulley rein. Give up. Continue at out of hand gallop.5. H. Regain right stirrup. Continue at ordinary trop, bouncing.6. MKT Change rein. Free Walk loose reins. Remove horse from judge's luncheon table. Ask judge for leg up. Jump back into ring.7. Z. Turn down centre Line. Halt. Grin. Scratch. Burst into tears. Leave area at free walk on long reins, loose language.#ed_op#/PRE#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"No one can teach riding so well as a horse."
C.S. Lewis, "The Horse and His Boy"
Trufflemaker

Postby Trufflemaker » Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:55 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sorry, this looked OK when I first copied it in... I'll try again.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl#The Amazing New Dressage Test#ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#EM#ed_cl#For Horses Unsuitable to Become Anything#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl##ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#EM#ed_cl#By Joanna MacDonald et al#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT size=4#ed_cl# #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl#The Test#ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#1.  A. Enter at ordinary serpentine.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#     X. Sprawl. Salute.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#2.  C. Stop dead. Stare in horror at judge and shy to left. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#          Continue at ordinary working gallop. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#3.  E. Stagger left 20 or 15 or 22 meters in diameter circle or pear shape or five pointed star.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#         Avoid excessive crossing of legs.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#4.  K. Begin to halt.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#     Z.  Keep trying.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#     F.  You can do it.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#     B. Pulley rein. Give up. Continue at out of hand gallop.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#5.  H.  Regain right stirrup. Continue at ordinary trot, bouncing.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#6.  MKT  Change rein. Free Walk loose reins. Remove horse from judge's luncheon table. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#                Ask judge for leg up. Jump back into ring. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#7.  Z. Turn down centre line. Halt. Grin. Scratch. Burst into tears. Leave area at free walk#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#          on long rein, loose language. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Trufflemaker

Postby Trufflemaker » Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:00 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#and here is the story behind it... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://www.igs.ca/~vkirkwoodhp/amazing.htm"#ed_cl#http://www.igs.ca/~vkirkwoodhp/amazing.htm#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Trufflemaker

Postby Judy F » Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:05 am

"All things old shall be new again!" :lol:
To ride well is the mark of a gentleman. To ride too well is the sign of a mis-spent youth. Athena the owl in "Outfoxed" by Rita Mae Brown.
-- Distrust any enterprises that require new clothes. EM Forster
Judy F
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby tbbrat » Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:29 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I've always liked that one!  Reminds of a show where the dressage judge was sitting in her car as there was a light mist falling, just enough that she needed her intermittent wipers on.  One horse wouldn't go any closer to the car than X - I felt so sorry for the rider!! most embarassing. LOL#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Judy F » Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:49 am

Well, those of us who Joanna MacDonald and her colleagues who composed this test after their first, very traumatic, dressage show (pouring rain and all), can join her in celebrating the 30th anniversary of the "Amazing New Dressage Test." People have sent her copies from all over the world, including the Yukon Territorry, England, Australia, and probably Mars.

Perhaps, some day, we'll have a special class so folks can ride their own version of this test! :lol:
To ride well is the mark of a gentleman. To ride too well is the sign of a mis-spent youth. Athena the owl in "Outfoxed" by Rita Mae Brown.
Judy F
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Judy F » Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:51 am

Well, those of us who Joanna MacDonald and her colleagues who composed this test after their first, very traumatic, dressage show (pouring rain and all), can join her in celebrating the 30th anniversary of the "Amazing New Dressage Test." People have sent her copies from all over the world, including the Yukon Territorry, England, Australia, and probably Mars.

Perhaps, some day, we'll have a special class so folks can ride their own version of this test! :lol:
Judy F
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby horsecrazy333 » Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:09 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That is the funniest thing ever, and I have to say, I think we've done a variation of it at some point.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Always good to laugh at ourselves and remember we've all been there.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
horsecrazy333

Postby LittleMissDutch » Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:54 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hahaha! Wow, that IS funny! :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Luuts & Firefly <3
LittleMissDutch
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Japke » Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:28 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#lol, I've accually read the Dutch version somewhere a while ago......#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//horsehead2.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Japke
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Shoal » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:23 pm

LOL...
I love it, that's soo funny.....maybe because that would be Jazz and I. :?
Shoal

Postby bay mare » Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:44 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What a hoot!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
bay mare
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Return to Dressage