Leaving the ring after the test?

Dressage

Moderator: EC

Leaving the ring after the test?

Postby Ellie » Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:57 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Do you walk all the way down center line toward C & the judge after your final halt at X? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have always been told that its proper to walk all the way to the judge on center line after your final halt, you are then to turn to the side and leave the arena in walk on a long rein. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#All our Cadora tests except Walk Trot will be in the 20 X 60 ring this year, so when you halt at X at the end of the test, its a long long way down center line to C.  Should I still do this or is it "correct" to turn before I get all the way to "C"?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ellie

Postby Chisholm » Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:06 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It's best to walk part way towards the judge and do a gradual turn away to walk out of the ring, don't take forever to leave basically is the idea. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby zooka » Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:15 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#it is also nice to smile and say thank you if you have the judges attention.  I have not seen a judge yet that has not enjoyed that!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby SPYDER » Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:21 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have always walked 2 to 3 horse lengths and then make the turn..#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
God is not the force that saves me from the pain of living, but the force that brings me life in the midst of pain and sorrow.
SPYDER
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Ruth » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:50 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I usually walk the whole way down to C, although not always if I feel like I'm going to pass out shortly! I figure it gives the next rider in a few extra minutes to let their horse see the sights.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby draftdriver » Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:09 pm

Ruth, at some shows, the whipper-in won't let another horse go around the outside until the rider in the ring exits at 'A'. Sometimes the timing between tests is very tight, and if you go all the way to 'C', you may be delaying the next ride by 30 seconds or so. If several riders do this, then the ring starts to run behind time, and we all know how the competitors feel about that :( . Just keep this in mind when you next show -- how the whipper-in is handling the gate -- and plan your exit accordingly.
draftdriver
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Ruth » Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:29 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I think they must allow for that at the shows I go to, it is extremely rare that they run late, and most people seem to walk down to C.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Kobau » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:44 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i walk down to C, and turn and walk out down the long side etc. I figure one, it gives me a chance to say ty, and a smile to the judge, and two, my guy has a nice big free walk, and so him walking out takes minimal time... and not a single rider at my show this weekend didn't ride to c and turn to walk out  etc.......#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Being a mom is a wonderful job... being mom to a horse crazy lil boy means combining two things i adore!!!

Winter makes you appreciate mud in the spring!
Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Patricia » Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:04 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#After I salute at x I proceed on the centre line to C and track right or left and walk the long side of the ring/rail and then proceed to exit the ring.  It shows off my horses lovely extended walk.  The judge get a second look as he walks out the ring.  Hey who know she may even up the rider marks at that point...can't hurt.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patricia
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Piaffing » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:56 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I usually walk down to C. Except at the last Blue Star show where I was riding in the torrential downpour, I just wanted to get out of the ring fast.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Frogs in a basket. Oh, one jumped out, grab that frog.
EC Level 1 Coach, ARIA Level 3 Dressage Coach, C Level Pony Club Tester
http://piaffing.blogspot.com/
www.dressagelife.com
Piaffing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby pony crazy » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:07 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ellie i always walk all the way to the judge,especially with a green horse,gets them used to seeing the booth.doesn't teach them the bad habit of leaving whenever they want either.i always do a little circle before i leave the ring too...so my horse gets the idea that we leave the ring on my terms not hers.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
pony crazy
Newbies
Newbies

Return to Dressage