Our first show too!

Dressage

Moderator: EC

Our first show too!

Postby Littlegreymare » Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:57 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl#Jubie and I had our first dressage experience yesterday as well! The entire process was very positive, and I'm very anxious about our next chance to show :)#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl#I had asked here before about dressage saddles because I did need one. My coach was very nice and lent me her A/P - at least it's better than showing in a cc saddle.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl#Well after a little bit of looking, I called up an old friend who had been trying to sell her german made saddle for a few years. I actually had it and tried to sell it for her awhile ago, but she wanted WAY too much, and I had no interest in dressage.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl#Low and behold, she still had it and wanted to get rid of it at a VERY low price.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl#Voila! It actually fits BOTH of the girls too! Jubie likes it especially, no more fussing about the girth being done up and she just moves very freely with it.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl#It's also very comfortable for me, and I look forward to hacking in it soon. Finally - I can sit deep in my saddle! yay!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl#Due to the rain and such, we only had one practice ride with the new saddle the day before the show. That concerned me, despite the fact that we had an AMAZING ride. And also that I was just taking her, with no buddy, I was worried she would be pretty antsy at the show.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl#We arrived at the show nice and early, and conveniently behind the trailer from the stable where I take lessons. She didn't sweat up on the trailer ride (she usually does when she's alone), she unloaded and hung around like a pro! Her lesson buddy, a CUTE haflinger gelding, unloaded from the stables trailer and she recognized him right away - all her worries were gone :)#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl#I hopped on early to ride around the show grounds, get her used to the place and do a little schooling, then I took a 1/2hr break before warming up.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl#My coach who was riding there as well, nicely offered to give me some feedback while we schooled, and then offered to read my test - YES! What a relief! I kept blanking out when I was thinking of my test lol! Darn show nerves...#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl#I couldn't believe how relaxed Jubie was! It's only her 2nd show, and last time she was very spunky so I expected at least some fuss.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl#I was also concerned that she wouldn't want to go in the ring by herself, but she fooled me. She didn't even blink at the judges booth, or the ring markers, and I was VERY happy with our test! No explosions, we actually halted at X (although I had a brain fart in regards to *how* I was supposed to salute lol!) and in all - she rode just like we schooled at home.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl#We came out with a 59.44% - well above the 55% I was aiming for #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/11.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl#I got to watch my coach ride one of her tests as well - AMAZING! I'm still a little excited that I have a coach who can ride as well as she teaches too...it's a first for me.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl#And now I have an even better idea what she's asking of us for our lessons.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl#DH had a good time too, dressage shows are so different! Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful, we didn't feel out of place at all :) And having ride times...what a change compared to H/J shows lol#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl#As another happy side note - Jubie didn't even offer to rub her braids #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/19.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl# #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Littlegreymare
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Shoal » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:15 pm

That's great news! It sounds like you had a very successful show in all areas.
I know what you mean about hunter show.....such snobs!

What level does your coach ride at?

Jubie sounds like an old pro! 8)
Shoal

Postby Patricia » Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:35 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hey Congrats!  Your one of US now...LOL!  That is a respectable score for first time out.  I hope you got some good comments on your score sheet to bring home to work on.  I like getting feedback from the judge on how to improve on things.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patricia
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Return to Dressage