Palgrave

Dressage

Moderator: EC

Palgrave

Postby zooka » Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:53 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Anyone heading to the show at Palgrave next weekend?  I can not wait it is my 4 year old mares third show and she has grown up a lot since the last Palgrave so hopefully it will show in the marks!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby AWSgurl » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:44 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My coach is going.........I was planning on it but my horse hurt his suspensory and had to scratch, I also have another friend going it will be their first time out.........Good Luck to all going...:)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Coloured Horses for Sport
AWSgurl

Postby Guineapigger » Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:39 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hi Zooka, I am going - it sounds like our horses are at similar points in their training but we did not go to the first one (have just done trilllium so far).#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I don't think we will be winning, but hopefully we will get some ok scores...however, what I want to get out of it most of all is intensive exposure to scary things, different rings, many horses - You know how it is with 4 year olds!!  Our "submission" is good at home, but we need to work on it away, everything is just so peaceful and quiet at home!  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am only showing 2 days and just "exposing" the other two.  That is such a great place to do it - so many big safe warm up rings, schooling in rings on Thurs. etc.  The trillium shows are great, but the venue (I am glanbrook) does not really allow for riding around and seeing stuff.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So, see you there (if you are an adult am, probably we are in the same class!)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Guineapigger
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Terry3025 » Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:44 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Man, I really wanted to go, but I ain't driving through Toronto traffic by myself!!!  I'm ok through Kingston, but Toronto, well, I have to get my confidence up before hitting them, lol.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I really wanted to see Gina Smith and Annaliese Farber ride.  Hopefully there will be a photographer that will post some pictures online, eventually.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Does anyone know when results will be posted?  I know #ed_op#A href="http://www.cornerstonefarm.com"#ed_cl#www.cornerstonefarm.com#ed_op#/A#ed_cl# will have them, but that'll be in a couple of days, lol.   Can you tell that I'm a little impatient?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"Competitive riding should be classical riding at its best." -Charles de Kunffy

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses." -R. B. Cunningham Graham
Terry3025

Postby EC » Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:51 pm

We were there today and took some pictures. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#a href="http://www.thehorseseye.com"#ed_cl#www.thehorseseye.com#ed_op#/a#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Hopefully will get more tomorrow morning. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#Very very wet stormy day and disgustingly humid!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
EquestrianConnection.com - connecting equestrians everywhere
EC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Terry3025 » Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:03 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ohhhh the pictures are up!!!!!  Very nice, I love how you know who is who!  My oh my, Harvard sure does look like a nice guy!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks alot!  Can't wait to see more classes!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"Competitive riding should be classical riding at its best." -Charles de Kunffy

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses." -R. B. Cunningham Graham
Terry3025

Postby zooka » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:59 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It was a great show but the weather did not cooperate well.  All classes were postponed for about 30 min on Saturday because of thunder and lightning and they anounced that all riders HAD to go back to the stabling until further notice...  Someone actually tried to keep warmign up during the storm!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It was a very hot weekend but it was fun and a lot of nice riding going on.  I'm sure it will not be too long before the scores are up.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby EC » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:48 am

Good news - just put the results up at #ed_op#a href="http://www.cornerstonefarms.com"#ed_cl#www.cornerstonefarms.com#ed_op#/a#ed_cl#
EquestrianConnection.com - connecting equestrians everywhere
EC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Guineapigger » Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:50 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Zooka, is your horse a dark dapply bay?  If so, I saw her (him?) go in training 4 and she looked really super.  Very elegant, my kind of horse.   #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We had a good show - wow, what a lot of MUD though - I was very happy with how my young horse handled the excitement (esp. since we had a bad schooling show the week before, I was wondering just why I had bothered signing up for this one!!).  She was pretty good in the ring in all classes, but was having a major meltdown in the warmup on Friday - we usually ride alone or with just a few others - she did not appreciate all the company.  Luckily I anticipated this and did not enter any classes this first day, or it might have been interesting.   However, by Sunday even with the mud, she was really good in warmup and her classes too.  I was more impressed with this change than her actual results!  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Guineapigger
Newbies
Newbies

Postby zooka » Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:44 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#yeah that sounds like Galen.  She is a 17.2hh dark bay with sun dapples.  She did training 4 open in ring 6.  I am very proud she is also only 4 and this was her third show.  She got a 70% for that test we were all very happy!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Return to Dressage