Shirts and excused Jackets

Dressage

Moderator: EC

Shirts and excused Jackets

Postby horsecrazy333 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:39 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I posted this on EMG but I know you guys are quick to respond.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If jackets are excused, and you have short sleeved shirts on, you're ok right to take your jacket off.  I was told that long sleeve and short sleeve are acceptable, no sleeves not.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Patricia#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hope to see you next sunday.  We've been working so hard on round and light.  Hope we can keep it together.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
horsecrazy333

Postby zooka » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:42 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#that is right there needs to be some length of sleeve to the shirt.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Chisholm » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:13 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yep Sleeveless is not allowed.  I prefer a long sleeve shirt if no jacket.  But since I never go without my jacket I always where a sleeveless.  I use my jacket to cover up my BIG BUTT!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Patricia » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:28 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hey horsecrazy....Like the others mentioned you should have some sleeve.  Although, I put my jacket on just before my class to hide my lumps and bumps.  But heck, your just a spring chick!....LOL!  Glad to hear you working things out with your horse.  If all goes well will see you on the 24th.  We have only ridden once since the show.  In fact, the last ride Corey had (Monday)...well lets just say he barely sat in the saddle and his horse took off bucking....He barely took up the contact and rode out the ride and got dumped on the 4th buck.  It  is so out of character for our horse.  Too much of a holiday.  We can't stand riding in this weather...no indoor to get out of the sun and no shade.  I guess we better get started...Trying again tonight.  He has been too stiff to try again...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Gearing up for me is just thinking about the show.  If my horse doesn't know how to W/T/C by now as my upper level rider friends says...I better stay home.  We worked all winter...so now we coast.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patricia
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby horsemad! » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:51 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl#If you opt to go jacketless, your shirt has to be white, right?#ed_op#SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl#I saw an upper level rider get an elimination in her grand prix class a couple of years ago for having a colourful shirt when jackets had been excused.#ed_op#SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl# #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl#You’d think by the time you’re doing GP you’d know the rules, eh? #ed_op#IMG src="http://www.forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/12.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~~ Stupid should hurt! ~~
Jimmy Wofford
horsemad!
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby zooka » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:14 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I do not know the exact ruel but when I see pplwithout jackets it is always in white, some sleeve and a nice looking shirt.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby chenders01 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:00 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Horsemand, I think (don't quote me on this) that for Primary shows, any light-coloured shirt is okay (it can't be sleeveless though).  But I think that for the higher levels, the shirt has to be white.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And yes, you'd think that a GP-level rider would know this    #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/19.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby pony crazy » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:00 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#you would think a high level rider would know the rules.mind you I never ride with out my jacket.it just adds to ensemble.i mean my jacket is heavy wool and it gets hot,but i think it just looks good.there has been only one time i rode without it,it was high 30's and the rider before me passed out after her tack check.i always ride with a sleeveless but bring one with sleeves just in case.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
pony crazy
Newbies
Newbies

Postby zooka » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:14 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#this weekend at Palgrave jackets were basically excused for the whole show.  I did not notice a single FEI rider without their jacket but the lower levels most people rode without their jackets.  Although jackets look professional it is not worth risking your health to look good!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Chisholm » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:53 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well I broke my rule yesterday at the schooling show, I rode without my jacket, the conditions were horrible so off came the stock and never put the jacket on.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Caballo » Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:23 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hmmm....I had always thought that a sleevless shirt was against the rules too, but this weekend @ Palgrave I remember seeing someone go into the ring and do a test with no sleeves....which I thought was weird at the time, but I figured, "hey, maybe no sleeves are OK on the national circuit..."#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Caballo
Newbies
Newbies

Postby zooka » Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:45 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#speaking of stock I thought that was a MUST to wear.  Someone was eliminated for not wearing it I heard at Palgrave...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby pony crazy » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:14 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#At schooling shows it's not necessary to wear a stock or even a jacket for that matter.As long as you look neat in appearance you don't need a stock or even a collar.I normally wear just a collar and show shirt.Of course if it's a hunter type schooling show I normally just wear a golf shirt.I have never seen a FEI rider go without a jacket.Even in warm up unless it is extremely hot.Like I said in an earlier post Never ride without a jacket,no matter what level I'm riding,I just think it looks good.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
pony crazy
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Ruth » Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:17 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I don't care what I look like without the jacket, the moment they excuse them off comes that black-wool-instrument-of-torture. The one thing I found confusing was at the first Palgrave show someone told me to take my stock off as well, but at the second one they said to leave it on. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have come out of a test with my head spinning, so I'd rather not have heat stroke just to look better, thanks. It's not a turnout class.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Return to Dressage