Just Wondering....

Dressage

Moderator: EC

Just Wondering....

Postby Caballo » Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:35 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hello,#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Just got home from my 2nd ever national show (hence the odd hour of the post #ed_op#IMG src="/richedit/smileys/cheeky.gif"#ed_cl#) and I was wondering....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#-What is the percentage needed to earn the bronze national medal @ 1st level???#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#-Where do you send your proof and registration money???#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Everywhere I look it says "3 scores of 65% or higher to obtain bronze medal" but I was informed today that as you move up the levels, the percentage requirements are less...which makes sense...anyone know for sure???#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks very much!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#-Caballo#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Caballo
Newbies
Newbies

Postby *rickie* » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:21 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#My 1st and only question has to be....#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV align=center#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=7#ed_cl#HOW DID YOU DO!!??#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#I wanna know how that Ellie and you are doing....sheesh! Come ONLINE every once in a while...K?!  hahaha #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley2.gif"#ed_cl# #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley4.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
I'm the proud new owner of a Fez! hahahaha
*rickie*
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby zooka » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:02 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#This site explains everything.  It tells you different marks needed for different levels as well as where to send the enteries.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://www.dressagecanada.org/dcp.asp?pageid=80"#ed_cl#http://www.dressagecanada.org/dcp.asp?pageid=80#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hope you find it helpful.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Caballo » Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:26 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#WOOT WOOT!!!  Thanks so much!!!  Looks like I earned my bronze medal!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Caballo
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Caballo » Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:08 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#does anyone know if you are allowed to use the "test of choice" classes to apply for the medals???#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#thanks!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Caballo
Newbies
Newbies

Postby zooka » Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:46 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I would believe so because they are judged the same way as any other test... but not 100% sure.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Browndog » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:25 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well, I hate to be the one to burst your bubble but it says on the Dressage Canada website you must be registered and have paid your $50 PRIOR to earning any scores.  And it says 4 scores of 63% or more with 3 different judges.  So I read that to mean you have to register each year, pay your $50 each year and THEN get your scores.  And if you don't make it, you have to pay again the next year and try again but you can't carry your prior year scores over.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Does anybody else think it is strange after paying an OEF membership, an EC membership and a DC membership that you still have to then pay another $50 to even try for a medal?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Browndog
Newbies
Newbies

Postby zooka » Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:09 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I got the impression that you could apply anytime during that year and us those scores.  I know Caballo has the scores with at least 3 different judges so that should not be a problem.  You just can not use scores from another year.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Browndog » Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:16 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=SymbolMT size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#P align=left#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Arial#ed_cl##ed_op#EM#ed_cl#Criteria#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P align=left#ed_cl##ed_op#EM#ed_cl#• #ed_op#/EM#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Arial size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#EM#ed_cl#Scores will be credited only from the year in which the horse/rider is registered and forward.#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=SymbolMT size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#P align=left#ed_cl##ed_op#EM#ed_cl#• #ed_op#/EM#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Arial size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#EM#ed_cl#Horses/riders may be registered prior to earning any scores.#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=SymbolMT size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#P align=left#ed_cl##ed_op#EM#ed_cl#• #ed_op#/EM#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Arial size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#EM#ed_cl#Scores from years prior to registration will not count.#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P align=left#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Arial size=2#ed_cl#Zooka I am happy to say you understood right!  I read 'may' to be 'must' (must be that heat) so if Caballo sends in her $50, she should get her medal.  Congratulations!#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Browndog
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Browndog » Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:24 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Actually now I am reading that over and over again, it looks like you can carry your scores forward so if you get 2 scores this year and 2 scores next year, you still qualify?  You just can't use any scores prior to registering.  And you don't pay the $50 each year, just once?  Ok, if that's the case, that makes WAY more sense.  Has anybody actually got one of these medals and could clarify?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Browndog
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Judy F » Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:50 pm

Browndog wrote:#ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#font face="SymbolMT" size="2"#ed_cl##ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#p align="left"#ed_cl##ed_op#font face="SymbolMT" size="2"#ed_cl##ed_op#font face="Arial"#ed_cl##ed_op#em#ed_cl#Criteria#ed_op#/em#ed_cl##ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/p#ed_cl##ed_op#p align="left"#ed_cl##ed_op#font face="SymbolMT" size="2"#ed_cl##ed_op#em#ed_cl#• #ed_op#/em#ed_cl##ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#font face="Arial" size="2"#ed_cl##ed_op#em#ed_cl#Scores will be credited only from the year in which the horse/rider is registered and forward.#ed_op#/em#ed_cl##ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/p#ed_cl##ed_op#font face="SymbolMT" size="2"#ed_cl##ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#p align="left"#ed_cl##ed_op#font face="SymbolMT" size="2"#ed_cl##ed_op#em#ed_cl#• #ed_op#/em#ed_cl##ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#font face="Arial" size="2"#ed_cl##ed_op#em#ed_cl#Horses/riders may be registered prior to earning any scores.#ed_op#/em#ed_cl##ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/p#ed_cl##ed_op#font face="SymbolMT" size="2"#ed_cl##ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#p align="left"#ed_cl##ed_op#font face="SymbolMT" size="2"#ed_cl##ed_op#em#ed_cl#• #ed_op#/em#ed_cl##ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#font face="Arial" size="2"#ed_cl##ed_op#em#ed_cl#Scores from years prior to registration will not count.#ed_op#/em#ed_cl##ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/p#ed_cl##ed_op#p align="left"#ed_cl##ed_op#font face="Arial" size="2"#ed_cl#Zooka
I am happy to say you understood right!  I read 'may' to be
'must' (must be that heat) so if Caballo sends in her $50, she
should get her medal.  Congratulations!#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/p#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
As I read it, if she registers now, any scores over 63% she has
received this year will count, as well as any scores from next year or
the year after.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
To ride well is the mark of a gentleman. To ride too well is the sign of a mis-spent youth. Athena the owl in "Outfoxed" by Rita Mae Brown.
-- Distrust any enterprises that require new clothes. EM Forster
Judy F
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby zooka » Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:37 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#WOOHOO you mean my years of reading comprehension in english classes paid off!!!  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/11.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Caballo » Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:44 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hehehe...I guess reading comprehension had to come in handy #ed_op#EM#ed_cl#some#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl#where!!!  #ed_op#IMG src="/richedit/smileys/cheeky.gif"#ed_cl#  Thanks for all the help everybody!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#-Caballo#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Caballo
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Adpaga » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:00 pm

Aye Aye Aye.... shouldn't your guys motto be: why make it simple when it could be complicated?#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Ifit
is of interest to any of you, you even have two different type
ofDCawards, one for the horse, one for the rider. Scores for
thehorseawards for a same level can be collected over several
years,startingfrom subscribtion (100$) which is a once in a lifetime
andtransferableupon sale, and don't need to be with the same rider..
Rideraward (50$subscription for life) run over as long as needed, and
don'tneed to bewith the same horse...#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Did I manage to make it
all abit more complicated again?? But the goodthing is, you could get
twoawards per level (or more if you ride more then one horse), and
trustme, awards alwaysare fun to get.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Life Rocks#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Adpaga
Groupie
Groupie

Return to Dressage