Toronto Classic CDI

Dressage

Moderator: EC

Toronto Classic CDI

Postby Caballo » Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:37 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hello!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So, who went?  How did you do?  and most importantly, does anyone know where we can find pictures of it on the net???#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#-Caballo#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Caballo
Newbies
Newbies

Postby zooka » Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:30 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#pictures are here:  #ed_op#A href="http://thehorseseye.com/photogalleryv2.asp?action=showgallery&gallery=25"#ed_cl#http://thehorseseye.com/photogalleryv2.asp?action=showgallery&gallery=25#ed_op#/A#ed_cl#  Not sure if there are others somewhere else though.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Adpaga » Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:45 pm

www.actionpix.ca was on site to and you can probably select pictures from them as well.
Remember: happiness is a way of travel, not a destination
Adpaga
Groupie
Groupie

Postby zooka » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:31 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#there are a lot of pictures there!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Caballo » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:40 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#thanks very much for the links to the pictures!  I finally got to see myself....and I can say now that I really understand why my coach keeps telling me to shorten my reins!  yikes!  What a great learning tool - looks like I've got work to do!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#-Caballo#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Caballo
Newbies
Newbies

Postby zooka » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:22 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#the best is having somene video while you ride...  it helps you see all your faults...  I know this from experience!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Adpaga » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:04 pm

Caballo,#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
you  will have the mpeg video of your rides as soon as your coach
gets a bit more organised and doesn't crash the computer while burning
the CDs....#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
God give me patience.....  but now!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Remember: happiness is a way of travel, not a destination
Adpaga
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Ruth » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:02 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I went, didn't have the best show, but there were things I felt good about too. He was not coming through his back in our first test and a little resistant so only a 55%, our second test was the freestyle, and that was better, even though it was at an ungodly hour of the morning (7:27) and I seemed to have developed dysentery (not from nerves, I think I had a little virus)and thought I might have to excuse myself! I kept telling myself, I did not only sleep 3 hours for this test in order to excuse myself from it and made it through, but threw the reins to my friend's son after my tack check and bolted for the outhouse... We got a 59 from one judge and a 60 from the other, so happy with that. Our last test could have been a 58 or 59, but due to me not paying attention to the time and being late for my test I didn't have time to do a few halts before going in the ring, and those are necessary with Boomer. Therefore he ripped the reins out of my hands after the salute and it took me the first three movements to get him back together properly, so 4, 4, 4. All movements which under ordinary circumstances I could have counted on 6's anyway. Plus our collectives would have been better, they particularly mentioned disobedience. Well, that's Boomie. If I had been better prepared I would have had a better lid on his opinions. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I was happy about the fact that both the trot and canter mediums are up to consistent 6's, mediums are our nemesis. Loves lateral work, though, and you can't have everything.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I knew I wasn't as prepared for this show as I could have been, partly due to lack of time, and partly due to having only 3 weeks to put together the freestyle so I sacrificed on our regular tests to have that ready.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Return to Dressage