Talk to me about your favourite FS breeches...

Dressage

Moderator: EC

Talk to me about your favourite FS breeches...

Postby Razzba » Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:37 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#OK, I am looking for some new FS breeches. I have given up trying to find my old favourite brand - Eurostar. Tell me the what y'all like, why and where to get them!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Razzba

Postby Patricia » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:29 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have a few pair of Dublin full seat.  They are a mircofibre/ribbing...they wear like iron and don't pill or catch like the cotton or shrink.  The seat is not leather but a snythetic suede type.  I am hard to fit...wide waist with short length.  Best of all they are very affordable.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My most favourite with REAL leather seat are my REALLY old Jumper King white breeches.  Ribbed microfibre also...they are similar to Eurostar.  I believe Bahr's used to carry that make your looking for.  I only wear these for show so they are in good conditions.  I have taken them our of retirement.  I have not worn them for 10 years...LOL!  They still look great!  Just washed them...show on the weekend!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patricia
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

It's a tie!

Postby LucasL » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:24 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Equissentials and Tropical Riders.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Both have deerskin seats and wear like iron. I got rid of all my other breeches after riding in them once.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And they will custom make them (I believe at no extra charge).#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
LucasL
Groupie
Groupie

Postby lavyx » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:28 pm

I'm a big fan of Equissentials.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Why do I love them?#ed_op#br#ed_cl#1) Super comfortable  #ed_op#br#ed_cl#2) Custom fit to my odd shape#ed_op#br#ed_cl#3) Superior fabric, buttery deerskin, excellent workmanship -- so they last forever even after many washes#ed_op#br#ed_cl#4) If you lose weight, they'll re-size them at no cost for labour. You only pay shipping#ed_op#br#ed_cl#5) Once the fabric wears out, they'll recycle the deerskin onto new breeches at a reduced price #ed_op#br#ed_cl#6) Unbelievable customer service#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#www.equissentials.net#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
lavyx

Postby Chisholm » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:04 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Equissentials, where do you guys buy them.  I just looked them up and they look exactly what I am looking for.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I hate buying breeches, no one makes them to fit my figure.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have been riding the last couple of years in the Tuffy Rider with the Carino seat.  I love them comfort wise but they don't look the greatest.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby xena_n_joss » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:22 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#pikeur.... I really like pikeur riding pants.... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I see eurostar breeches advertised online all the time... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby lavyx » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:19 am

Chisholm:#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
I buy them online. My last order took less than two weeks to arrive at my door.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
lavyx

Postby Pony Hunter » Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:55 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I think Tailored Sportsman breeches are the best. I'm not sure if they make them in full seat though. You can buy them at Greenhawk or Running Fox. Royal Highness makes nice breeches too, thats what I have right now and they are really comfortable. I know they make them in FS too. And mine are the low rise ones. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Pony Hunter

Postby Ridingdouds » Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:47 pm

My favorite ones are the Kerrits FS Schoeller. They are neither high or
low rise (they are just "normal" rise). They have a side zipper and
suede seat. They wear a bit hot in the summer, but they are great the
rest 3/4 of the year! 
Ridingdouds
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Kobau » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:39 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I wear Arista f/s. they are the only ones i've found that fit me perfectly, int he waist, hips and thighs, plus length. so far those are the only f/s i've been able to find that fit me right.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Being a mom is a wonderful job... being mom to a horse crazy lil boy means combining two things i adore!!!

Winter makes you appreciate mud in the spring!
Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Try ebay

Postby LucasL » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:37 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sometimes you can find Equissentials on Ebay for less than the official website.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I buy mine at Rolex - they always have a booth there.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Tropical Riders emails all their customers when they are having a clearance - you can call them up and give them your size and they will let you know what's available.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#TR have the absolutely best summer breeches - enduracools.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
LucasL
Groupie
Groupie

Postby jax » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:42 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have a couple of pairs of fullseats that fit fine, but I find that they are just too sticky - I can't shift around like I need to.  I have one pair with a clarino seat, and my Millers have this synthetic seat which is UBER sticky.  Would the leather or deerskin have a bit more give?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<b>Practice makes progress</b>
jax
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Dee22 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:01 pm

xena_n_joss wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#pikeur.... I really like pikeur riding pants.... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ditto! I love my Pikeurs!! My parents brought me a pair back from Europe, and they are now my favorite :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Adi » Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:22 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I absolutely love Cavallo breeches! I have several pairs of Schumachers as well, but I just love the fit of my Cavallos!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Adi
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Chisholm » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:03 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Must be nice to have several pairs of any breeches let alone schumachers.&nbsp; If only I could get several pairs to fit me.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have one pair right now and one pair of whites for showing.&nbsp; I have another pair I will start wearing again when the weather is cooler.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Razzba » Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:43 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Patricia,#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You have a PM!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#From me!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Razzba

Return to Dressage