Ottawa Fall CLassic

Dressage

Moderator: EC

Postby jax » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:09 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My girlfriend is bringing her young stallion there, apparently he's showing all 4 days, being ridden by a lovely young rider.  Got my fingers crossed for them!!  He really wants to be a jumper but he's doing a fine job as a dressage pony.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<b>Practice makes progress</b>
jax
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Ruth » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:03 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Is he a real pony (as in under 14.2)? I am always on the lookout for suitors for Allie.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby jax » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:06 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#No, he's 17.1 - when I say young rider I meant Young Rider #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/5.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<b>Practice makes progress</b>
jax
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Pippa » Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:54 pm

What's his name Jax?
Pippa
Newbies
Newbies

Postby zooka » Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:52 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So CHisholm what did you do at the show?&nbsp; Any chance you were a whipper in?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Judy F » Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:13 pm

YUP!!!
To ride well is the mark of a gentleman. To ride too well is the sign of a mis-spent youth. Athena the owl in "Outfoxed" by Rita Mae Brown.
-- Distrust any enterprises that require new clothes. EM Forster
Judy F
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Chisholm » Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:43 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yes I was!&nbsp; And I was looking to see the owner of Galen following along and never saw you.&nbsp; You should have come and introduced yourself!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I whipped Thursday and Saturday down in Ring 2 &amp; 3.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Looked like the show was going really well.&nbsp; Weather was perfect!&nbsp; A bit hot this afternoon, but a really nice breeze.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Judy F was there too, scoring!&nbsp; Saw at least one other ECer but I can't think of her handle on here.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby zooka » Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:47 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hehe then I was standing by you quite a bit I was not quite sure cause i have never seen a clear picture but I thought you looked familiar....&nbsp; I even talked to you shortly while I was watching a friend warm up... you were talking to a guy about the plastic bag he was holding and how it would scare your horse and I said something about most just expecting treats to come from the bag...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That is too bad that I did not speak up but as you will see in the general thread&nbsp; was just not sure how to introduce myself when I am not 100% sure if I have the right person!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Did you get to watch Galen go at all?&nbsp; What did you think?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby zooka » Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:53 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#it was a great show kudos to Cara#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Terry3025 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:34 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#so how'd everyone do?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"Competitive riding should be classical riding at its best." -Charles de Kunffy

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses." -R. B. Cunningham Graham
Terry3025

Postby zooka » Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:50 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Galen did amazing she placed in each of her training level classes and started the weekend off with a 70%!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Adi » Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:08 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I did very well with my mare, at second level, all of my scores were in the 60's except one and we placed in every class. I was very pleased with our overall&nbsp;performances as they were vastly improved from our last national show, definitely very consistant, now I just need to get her a little more in self carriage!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Adi
Newbies
Newbies

Postby zooka » Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:59 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#does anyone know if the pictures of the show are posted anywhere yet?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Pony Hunter » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:10 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Try #ed_op#A href="http://www.objectiveart.org/"#ed_cl#http://www.objectiveart.org/#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Pony Hunter

Postby EC » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:36 pm

We were there all 4 days as the official photographers. Over 8,000
pictures taken that we now have to organize! We'll be doing that this
weekend and posting on www.thehorseseye.com . The other photographer on
site was www.in-focus.cc (working for Objective Art).&nbsp;
EquestrianConnection.com - connecting equestrians everywhere
EC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby zooka » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:45 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hmmm&nbsp; nothing yet for the lower levels of the show.&nbsp; Was thehorseseye only doing ring 1?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Previous

Return to Dressage