Work hard to not work hard!

Dressage

Moderator: EC

Work hard to not work hard!

Postby Chisholm » Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:13 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#One has to love the art of dressage.  It has to be one of the most demanding sports much more in control then strength.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yesterday I had a lesson which was so amazing but what I learned the most was how to work hard not to work hard, meaning not to push but allow the horse the freedom to do the work I was asking.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#As my coach said yesterday I am my own worst enemy when it comes to riding.  It has alway been my downside that I over ride.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Chis has achieved self carriage, but his dear rider still keeps trying to push too much and now must learn to sit very quiet and let him carry himself.  What a wonderful feeling to have full independance of hands, up body, seat and legs.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#This has ended up being such a successful summer considering how we started the year with a torn hamstring.  It just proves to me that working diligently and having patience pays.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby xena_n_joss » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:52 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#good chis! nice to hear you guys are doing so well!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Patricia » Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:26 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#UGH.....The boring basics....I find it very difficult work.  AHHHH, yes the joys of sitting on a horse that has self carriage.....now that is FUN!  Actually an easy ride to sit there and look nice and FINALLY let your horse do the work....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We are not there yet....Now we have saddle/back issues....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patricia
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Ellie » Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:40 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hi Chis,#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I know exactly how you feel.  Ellie is so sensitive to leg and seat that it's really easy to override!  Exactly  my problem at the canter in my lesson with Walter.  IF I had just "asked" her and left her alone, we would have been so much better.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ellie

Return to Dressage