Whatever happened to...?

Dressage

Moderator: EC

Whatever happened to...?

Postby Terry3025 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:35 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#These dressage combinations?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#- Gina Smith and the lovely grey Fledermaus#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#- Christine Taurig and Etienne#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#- Jaimey Irwin's young rider mare Pikarda#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Those are all I can think of right now.  Feel free to add more.  Maybe we all can help one another!  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"Competitive riding should be classical riding at its best." -Charles de Kunffy

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses." -R. B. Cunningham Graham
Terry3025

Postby Ruth » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:51 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Can't answer any of those. I did read that Davis Cup had died though.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Another of Jaimey Irwin's that I liked was Lemorex and I didn't see him at any shows this year. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am curious about what Aaross is doing with Rasputin and why Phantom is now only being offered for sale as a breeding stallion and not a riding horse.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Equine_Diva01 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:26 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Going towards the young riders: what happened to Jessie Holmes, Summer Mckeown, and Chris Von Martels.  I haven't heard about them for a long time, but then I haven't been out in the show ring for a while!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Equine_Diva01
Newbies
Newbies

Postby zooka » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:40 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I believe Gina sold Fledermaus to someone in Europe when she was competing over there at some point.  The others I do not know but Jaimie has a new bunch he has been showing which are looking nice!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Terry3025 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:51 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well I guess I'll find out what happened to Fledermaus in a few days ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"Competitive riding should be classical riding at its best." -Charles de Kunffy

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses." -R. B. Cunningham Graham
Terry3025

Postby EC » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:55 pm

I also remember something about Fledermaus being sold. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Pikarda was owned by Chris von Gartzen while Jaimey rode her....and she
was for sale. I think she sold to the States (but don't quote me on
that). #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Chris von Martels is still very active showing. Is showing Top of Magic
in the PSG/I1 and earlier this year won an Individual Silver medal at
the Sydney CDI 3* Invitational (Australia). You can read about it at
www.dressagecanada.org #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Summer McEwan is also active showing this year in PSG/I1. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Christine Traurig I believe had a young horse in the World Breeders
Champs this year. I'm pretty sure that she is in Germany training with
Jo Hinneman. But I'm not sure about Etienne.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
EquestrianConnection.com - connecting equestrians everywhere
EC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby jax » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:28 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Jaimey would be so happy that almost everybody spelled his name correctly #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/7.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/7.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/7.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<b>Practice makes progress</b>
jax
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Ruth » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:24 pm

zooka wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The others I do not know but Jaimie has a new bunch he has been showing which are looking nice!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I LOVE Fidelio! Needs his ears trimmed though...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby zooka » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:09 pm

jax wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Jaimey would be so happy that almost everybody spelled his name correctly #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/7.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/7.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/7.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I honestly do know how to spell it but i am working on minimal sleep these past few days and spelling is just not happening....&nbsp; I like the different spelling#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby xena_n_joss » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:54 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hehe I remember going to a national show with my pony years ago when Jaimey Irwin was on the young riders team and I thought he was soooooo cute.... I was like 14 or 15&nbsp;haha#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Ruth » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:34 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#He is definitely&nbsp;kinda cute, Xena, and a very likable fellow to boot.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Little young for me though...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And I'm sure Tina would have something to say about it.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Magic » Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:03 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I know this is a completely different discipline, but&nbsp;whatever happened to Beth Underhill and Altair?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Magic
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Piaffing » Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:16 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Bethg has a few other horses on the go and her horse Altair as far as&nbsp;I know was retired.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Frogs in a basket. Oh, one jumped out, grab that frog.
EC Level 1 Coach, ARIA Level 3 Dressage Coach, C Level Pony Club Tester
http://piaffing.blogspot.com/
www.dressagelife.com
Piaffing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to Dressage