New Horse to Part-board... have to share!

Dressage

Moderator: EC

New Horse to Part-board... have to share!

Postby Erika » Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:29 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hey guys,#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I've been mostly lurking the last while -  really hadn't had anything to share for the most part.  None of my year's goals have been accomplished (a thread I started back in the winter) but hopefully now I'm able to get back on track.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have recently started part-boarding a lovely 17 year old, 16.h.h. TB named Alphie. He's truly a gentleman and a joy to ride.  He's a solid 2nd level schoolmaster and is very patiently teaching me the correct way of asking for leg-yeilds, shoulder-in and much, much more.  Not only that, he's very patient about me getting legged back up condition wise - it's amazing how much condition a rider looses when we aren't riding.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Here is a link to some photos that the excellent chenders came up to take of us during a lesson : #ed_op#A href="http://community.webshots.com/album/442184593lIYaEX"#ed_cl#http://community.webshots.com/album/442184593lIYaEX#ed_op#/A#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#With the way things have been going with us (I've felt comfortable on Alphie since the first time I tried him) I'm hoping to get out and about this winter - maybe do some winter schooling shows and/or clinics.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Soo.. if you've made it to the end of this thread, what has everyone else been doing?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Erika#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Erika
Newbies
Newbies

Postby beccyroo » Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:32 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oooh He's so cute :) #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
beccyroo
Newbies
Newbies

Postby zooka » Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:14 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#what a looker#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby chenders01 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:07 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hey Erika, glad that some of the pics turned out enough to make them Webshots-worthy #ed_op#IMG onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#C6D3EF';this.style.border='1px solid #3169C6'; " style="BORDER-RIGHT: #3169c6 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #3169c6 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #3169c6 1px solid; CURSOR: pointer; BORDER-BOTTOM: #3169c6 1px solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #c6d3ef" onclick="InsertImage('/richedit/smileys/cheeky.gif');" onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor=''; this.style.border=''" src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/cheeky.gif" align=absMiddle#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I had a most excellent day with Erika on Saturday, checking out the new Tack Shop of Collingwood, and then going to see her new horse, Alphie.  What a darling!!  He reminded me a LOT of Dali, in his personality and movement.  If I had kept Dali, I'm sure that he would've turned out to be just like Alphie in time...this horse was seriously bombproof, honest and forgiving...a perfect horse for someone to learn on.  Made me a bit jealous, actually...it's going to take YEARS before Tequila is as nice and steady as Alphie was.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Anyway, you guys look GREAT together and I see you really going places with him.  I'm glad that I was able to help out by capturing some of your better moments.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby caballera » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:01 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#726284#ed_cl#Hey Erika, by any chance is that horse's registered name Alpha Man or something? He looks REALLY familiar#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"Equestrian art is the perfect understanding and harmony between horse and rider" Nuno Oliveira
caballera
Newbies
Newbies

Postby xena_n_joss » Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:52 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#very cute horse! great you found one so well train! Im jealous too... lol... I wish Xena was that good right now! ahh well soon enough im sure. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

You guys look great :)

Postby snowpony » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:52 pm

Thanks for referring me to the EC board BTW :)

You and Alfie look great together, it is nice to feel that kind of harmony isn't it? Are you thinking of showing with him?
snowpony
Newbies
Newbies

Re: You guys look great :)

Postby Erika » Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:41 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Carabella (sp?): Not sure what Alphie's show name is.  He certainly has been *around*, as when I jokingly suggested to my coach that we could just debut at intro level this coming season and she laughed and said she doubted we could get away with it - that he's too well known for that! :-)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Snowpony:  welcome!! This is a great board to read and contribute to. Heck, some even get crazy enough to meet each other.  I've met Chenders, but that was before discovering these forums.  Back in the rec.equestrian days.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#As for showing, I'm planning on attending the RCRA dressage show in March (it's near Newmarket) and I'm aiming to show Level One tests 1 and 2.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#How about you? How are those riding prospects working out?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Erika#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Erika
Newbies
Newbies

Riding prospects

Postby snowpony » Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:47 pm

Well, I am going to meet a lovely horse and his owner tonight, and we'll see how that goes. I don't know what level he's trained at but he sure looks cute in the photos. Maybe his owner posts here too?<br /><br />The other guy I am riding right now is a sweety but he has stiff stifles and was trained by a previous owner in a tiedown and has an inverted neck. His current owner can't ride right now due to health problems, so I'm working on his topline, flexibility, and trying to get him relaxed in the back... but showing is not in the near future for him just yet.<br /><br />I'm into "project" horses, you see! Maybe I will find a showable horse to ride before next season, but financially it's better for me not to be paying show expenses anyway :(<br /><br />It is so good to be home in Ontario after my 5 years in California, I love fall weather! I was out riding yesterday and the foliage colors are just stunning, but still very warm. Today's cooler air is my favorite riding weather.<br /><br />Tina<br />www.redmaredesign.com
snowpony
Newbies
Newbies

Postby caballera » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:15 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#585e82#ed_cl#Hey Erika... I'm pretty sure that's the same horse... he used to be at a barn I rode at in Newmarket a number of years ago and was owned by a woman&nbsp;named&nbsp;Jen C. ... don't know if he&nbsp;is with&nbsp;the same owner but she used to event him and later on did more dressage with him...&nbsp; I have a really great photo of him jumping somewhere back at home... anyways he always was a real sweety and enjoyed his work ... I'm glad to see that he is still doing well and now helping to show&nbsp;riders the ropes of classical dressage... i'm sure you will learn lots from him &amp; make sure to keep us updated with photos!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#IMG src="/richedit/smileys/classic.gif"#ed_cl#&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"Equestrian art is the perfect understanding and harmony between horse and rider" Nuno Oliveira
caballera
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Erika » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:23 pm

caballera wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#585e82#ed_cl#Hey Erika... I'm pretty sure that's the same horse... he used to be at a barn I rode at in Newmarket a number of years ago and was owned by a woman&nbsp;named&nbsp;Jen C. ... don't know if he&nbsp;is with&nbsp;the same owner but she used to event him and later on did more dressage with him...&nbsp; I have a really great photo of him jumping somewhere back at home... anyways he always was a real sweety and enjoyed his work ... I'm glad to see that he is still doing well and now helping to show&nbsp;riders the ropes of classical dressage... i'm sure you will learn lots from him &amp; make sure to keep us updated with photos!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#IMG src="/richedit/smileys/classic.gif"#ed_cl#&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hey,#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That's Alphie! :-)&nbsp; His owner is still Jen, but is now kept up just N/W of Barrie.&nbsp; He's the *king* of the barn and knows it. Is ADDICTED to peppermints, but works his heart out for you and teaches you ride him RIGHT.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#He's such a good cookie, I love him to bits!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'd love to see that jumping photo if you've got it on file somewhere#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Erika#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Erika
Newbies
Newbies

Postby graciespook » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:21 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#He's very cute and congratulations on the new ride! ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Return to Dressage