top hats

Dressage

Moderator: EC

Postby Patricia » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:01 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well if you get a migraine from a helmet IMAGINE the head ache from a fall--even just landing on your back but throwing your head back!  OUCH!  I am a migraine sufferer--I take meds for it.  Do TRY the AEGIS helmet.  It is not huge and is a very nice shaped plastic one.  It has an adjustable plastic harness that does NOT give a headache.  I wear this type in summer as it is vented.  You can even get a velvet cover for it and show in it or get the velvet model.  I got mine in the US for $39.  Although, in Canada they are a little more $$$.  The best investment I every made.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patricia
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby *rickie* » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:52 pm

Patricia wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Do TRY the AEGIS helmet.  It is not huge and is a very nice shaped plastic one.  It has an adjustable plastic harness that does NOT give a headache.  I wear this type in summer as it is vented.  You can even get a velvet cover for it and show in it or get the velvet model.  I got mine in the US for $39.  Although, in Canada they are a little more $$$.  The best investment I every made.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#Pat you are sooo right! I have the Aegis helmet, and let me tell you...it is just wonderful! I love it, cause if I'm having a fat head day (or a swelled head hahaha) I can adjust it. I love it, better than any helmet every, and it's as light as a ball cap.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#As for those who get head aches in helmets, and hats....well START WEARING THEM! Goodess, do you think that someone living in the dark for a couple days and then comming out into the light WOULDN'T get a headache?? Ya they would, but if they did it continuously that would stop, so fine...say that you don't wanna wear a helmet...but don't blame a head ache for the reason for NOT wearing one!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
I'm the proud new owner of a Fez! hahahaha
*rickie*
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Judy F » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:53 pm

The bottom line:  riding a horse is inherently dangerous. 
Head injuries have the highest level of deaths and serious
complications.  If you have no loved ones who will miss you, no
future that will make you happy, no students for whom you may be
setting a bad example,  then you can be free to gamble with your
own life by riding bareheaded, driving without a seat belt, or riding a
bike at night without a light, helmet, and reflectors. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
The rest of us will mourn you briefly, shake our heads at you endless excuses, and then go on with our lives.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
To ride well is the mark of a gentleman. To ride too well is the sign of a mis-spent youth. Athena the owl in "Outfoxed" by Rita Mae Brown.
-- Distrust any enterprises that require new clothes. EM Forster
Judy F
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Practical Horseman cover

Postby snowpony » Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:08 pm

Well did anyone here get the last issue of Practical Horseman with the cover photo of someone doing GP JUMPING in a bowler? Looks stupid (in a safety and a fashion sense) to me!
snowpony
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Chisholm » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:07 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Now that is stupid.  Why in the world would anyone jump in a bowler, it would look totally out of place.  Let alone the safety issue, but remember many of us use to jump without harnesses at one time, you wouldn't see me doing that now.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Re: Practical Horseman cover

Postby horsemad! » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:07 pm

snowpony wrote:Well did anyone here get the last issue of Practical Horseman with the cover photo of someone doing GP JUMPING in a bowler? Looks stupid (in a safety and a fashion sense) to me!
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If you're talking about the last issue, they're certainly not jumping GP. I believe that's a hunter classic class, hence the habit.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#OOOOPS!  #ed_op#IMG src="http://www.forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Shocked/4.gif"#ed_cl#  Wrong link... Thanks, zooka!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Here's the one with the hunter classic attire...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://www.equisearch.com/practicalhorseman/"#ed_cl#http://www.equisearch.com/practicalhorseman/#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Last edited by horsemad! on Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~~ Stupid should hurt! ~~
Jimmy Wofford
horsemad!
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby zooka » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:23 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hmmm horsemad are you sure that is the link you wanted to post...?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Positively4thStreet » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:27 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Haha, wow, you really might want to check that link!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Positively4thStreet
Groupie
Groupie

Postby horsemad! » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:29 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Fixed it!  Thanks guys... that one was courtesy of Mr. Horsemad.  Apparently it's from a German book on teaching the kiddies about the birds and the bees! *blush*#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~~ Stupid should hurt! ~~
Jimmy Wofford
horsemad!
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby zooka » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:44 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hehe that works a lot better for the topic we are on #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/4.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby xena_n_joss » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:43 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ya no kidding horsemad, I got the luxury of opening that link at WORK!!! lol... I figured as I was scrollong down that it wasnt what I should be looking at. .... lol... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Previous

Return to Dressage