I have discovered...

Dressage

Moderator: EC

I have discovered...

Postby RioG » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:06 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sylvia Loch!  I'm reading her "Dressage, the Art of Classical Riding" (at least I think that's the title!) and what a fascinating book!  Very academic, very historically accurate... right up my alley.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Absolutely brings new meaning to my every day rides.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
RioG
Groupie
Groupie

Postby xena_n_joss » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:20 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#4040ff size=4#ed_cl#hmm sounds interesting! I will have to find it. I have a Carl Hester book that I love reading, its called down to earth dressage. I absolutely love reading it, he is so funny. And it has lots of great excercises that have been succesful with my mare. #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Patricia » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:45 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sylvia Loch.   I have one of her training videos....Have not had a chance to view it.  Heard good things about her though.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patricia
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby RioG » Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:20 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh my goodness Patricia, honestly this book I am reading is fascinating.  It traces dressage back to Xenophon - 2000 years ago!   The most enlightening thing for me was to read how people of the classical era (pre-Roman etc.) subscribed to the reward/punishment method of training, however their punishments were never physical.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Other than her website this is the first publication of hers I have read, but I am impressed.  She is a beautiful writer for one, and the words just drive home to me that I have found my niche in classical dressage.  I am better understanding the "classical" aspect of this sport and truly, feel so glad that I have "discovered" it for me and my horses.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
RioG
Groupie
Groupie

Return to Dressage