i'm new!

Dressage

Moderator: EC

Postby pawsnhooves » Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:30 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hi, I'm relatively new here too!  Lets see, I'm 40 but I feel like I'm 12 and sometimes I act that way.  I own a retail store.  My husband and I live on 25 acres with a housefull of dogs and cats. My folks live next door on the adjoining 100 acres.   In our back yard, we have a barn where more horses than I actually can believe now reside.  Between myself, my husband, my mom and my niece, we own 10.  They are 3 Friesians, 1 Peruvian (for my mom), a retired quarter horse (once my niece's hunter), and 5 Rocky Mountains.  I started riding on a whim in 1996, but have only recently become interested in riding with some kind of form.  We also have 4 other beauties on the property who belong to friends, 2 Hanoverians, an Oldenburg and a Clydedale X Thoroughbred.  I can relate to the Visa bills and the hard work but what a wonderful way to live.  It is just so much fun!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.-Mahatma Gandhi
pawsnhooves
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby zooka » Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:33 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#OK I'm back.  I am in my last year of College doing the Developmental Service Worker program (basically working with people with disabilities).  I have 3 Hanoverians and one to come next spring (pregnant mare).  2 of my guys are haning out in Sudbury one retired school master the other a baby being trained.  Zooka is here with me in Ottawa and is the one who is pregnant so she is not really doing much work right now but is loving all the attention.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That is my life at the moment school and when I find time horses....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby cadence » Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:54 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Welcome RYR!  :)  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm 36, married, no kids yet.  I own 6 horses - Hado is 33 and retired from Dressage - he is the first horse I ever owned and we grew up together. He is the only horse I've ever ridden where we got perfect 10s for extended trot in a dressage test.  Chrissie is a 37-yo mini mare who used to be driven. Widush, (Hanoverian/TB) is a 7-yo gelding, and we practise dressage and sometimes jumping.  I have 2 mares, Calypso, who is 8 (TB/Morgan) and learning dressage, and Granada, (Hanoverian), who is 15 and retired from riding due to an injury before I got her.  She is now happy doing mommy things. Tomorrow, I get to drive to Vancouver to pick up my newest addition, a TB mare who looks like a warmblood (she's 8 years old) and I'm really excited about it. I also operate an equestrian center with boarders (14 currently), train other people's horses, breed Hanoverians and coach dressage.  I love doing what I do. Doing what you love is really what makes life tick!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patience! Practice! Persistence!
cadence
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Previous

Return to Dressage