i'm new!

Dressage

Moderator: EC

i'm new!

Postby RYR » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:14 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hi there everyone!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#im new to the boards, well actually im new to typing things here, i have enjoyed reading everyones posts for a while, and i thought i would get involved! So, just writing to say hi!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG style="WIDTH: 43px; HEIGHT: 33px" height=16 src="/richedit/smileys/cool.gif" width=28#ed_cl#ryr#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.
-Mark Twain
RYR
Newbies
Newbies

Postby PerfectAngel » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:19 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Welcome!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Tell us about yourself....anything....!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Image Image Image
PerfectAngel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Kaleena » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:06 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ditto on what PerfectAngel said! :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaleena
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby RYR » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:25 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hmmm, lets see......i ride dressage (which is why i posted here), i have been riding forever! i go to university, and really thats what im doing right now. riding and going to school......#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i am 21, and i have 2 horses, i study philosophy....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#what about you guys? i dont know anyone!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ryr#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
-Mark Twain
RYR
Newbies
Newbies

Postby PerfectAngel » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:30 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#well....I'm 18, go to Laurentian University in Psychologie (francais) and I have 4 horses (well, 3 horse and a mule!!), 1 of which is for sale (not the mule :P ). I am starting to jump with my pony, she's very good. There are pics of my horses on posts around here, but my pony is the one in my avatar!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Image Image Image
PerfectAngel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby chenders01 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:31 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Welcome!!  Tell us about your horses.  Any pics to share??#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby xena_n_joss » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:38 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Welcome to the board!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am 20, I have a big monster mare, she is the xenasaur breed lol, actually we dont know what breed she actually is, but shes big and bossy. She is only 6, I am planning on showing just dressage with her next summer, though I have evented and done some jumper. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Im not in school yet, im going up to take an equine massage course soon, just for interest. And I am going to college in January to become a developemental service worker, though im having second thoughts right now... ahhh, I hate having to choose, how do people do it?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Any pics? Most of us have pictures in the photo place of our horses. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Leena » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:45 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hi RYR and welcome !!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am 45, have been riding for 34 years but in dressage for the last 10 years on and off. Actually, I have really learned how to ride properly since I am in dressage !!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have 6 horses: 3 mares, one yearling stallion and 2 weanling colts. I ride Leena, my beloved mare and I plan to show her in 2006.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I don't think I am a good rider, but I raise and back mine with good succes. It is fun to share with others on dressage, technical issue where I think I have to learn, especially in english !!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Leena#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Leena
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby RYR » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:16 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://www.dressageunltd.com/najdc/images/canbecky15.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#yay~~~!!! i got it to work!! wow, that was a feat, im not exactly computer literate...hehe....okay, so that is me and my horse a few years ago in florida.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#thats the only pic i have on my computer of us...i cant believe you have 6 horses!!! holy cow!! i can barely ride two~~!! good to know that there is a sporead in ages on this BB, its good getting everyones perspectives on things! anywas, thatnk you guys for the warm welcome!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ryr#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
-Mark Twain
RYR
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Kaleena » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:47 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well I'm 23, I graduated from University last April with a bachelor of science degree in Biology.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I own 2 horses. The first is a TB mare who I did everything with growing up. She got me into dressage when she was diagnosed with navicular and we couldn't jump any more. Lucky she was good at it and I enjoyed it as well. We only ever showed in schooling shows, but did quite well. I decided after awhile to retire her and work on a new project.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My new horse I bought as a yearling and is 3 and 1/2 now. She is a Welsh Cob/TB (she is pictured to the left). I am going to start out with her doing dressage and move hopefully to eventing once she is old enough and if she takes to jumping.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Your horse is beautiful! Where abouts are you from? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaleena
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Ruth » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:58 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Welcome! I'm 36, an optician, with 7 horses and a donkey. All but one horse live in my backyard, he is boarded because I show him and need the arena over the winter. We're schooling the upper end of 3rd Level and hope to show 3rd Level National next year, we are having a little stifle difficulty at the moment which is worrisome, but realistically he should be OK for 3rd next summer. That horse is Boomer, a 9 yo CSH gelding. I also have:#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Tuffy, my first horse, a 25 yo Morgan mare#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ichabod, 4 yo donkey gelding#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Allie, Tuffy's last foal, a large pony by Adrian (Trakehner)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Rheo, 3 yo CSH filly (Dutch/Saddlebred)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Baxter, a broodmare, she is 12 and a TB/QH X #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Leah, a weanling filly who will be CWBHA, she is by a Holsteiner out of Baxter#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Benji, a weanling ASPR colt, Tuffy's first known grandchild, he is by a German Riding Pony out of Allie.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby RYR » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:23 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i am still amazed that you guys have so many horses! how do you do it!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i am from just north of toronto, i keep my horses at a private facility up there. its beautiful, nice heated indoor, big paddocks etc....really good care~!~#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i love it, i also live up near there so its very convenient.......#ed_op#IMG height=24 src="/richedit/smileys/cool.gif" width=28#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
-Mark Twain
RYR
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Ruth » Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:08 pm

RYR wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i am still amazed that you guys have so many horses! how do you do it!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I could show you my Visa statement....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I only really ride 2 of them, Boomer year-round, Allie is at home so I ride her as long as the footing is OK, usually from May to December. I do periodically bring Tuffy out of retirement as she is still working sound and I love hacking her, she is a real hoot, but I don't make working her a priority. When I have time I do, when I don't I don't worry about it.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Rheo will be getting started next year, I had hoped to send her this year, but didn't have the money. That'll make things entertaining! I'd like to get Allie leased out, but so far no takers.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Kaleena » Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:35 pm

RYR wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i am from just north of toronto, i keep my horses at a private facility up there. its beautiful, nice heated indoor, big paddocks etc....really good care~!~#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i love it, i also live up near there so its very convenient.......#ed_op#IMG height=24 src="/richedit/smileys/cool.gif" width=28#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I live in Mount Albert, its a little north west of Newmarket :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaleena
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Leena » Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:50 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Since Ruth is sending you her visa, I will go for vet bills !!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am in the same situation than Ruth, while all the younster grow up quietly home, only Leena is on a boarding facilities for the indoor used. Next summer, I will start slowly my Canadian yearling.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Leena#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Leena
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Ruth » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:47 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Leena, the Visa statement is FULL with vet bills. You breed too, you know how it is.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby *rickie* » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:17 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#Welcome to the board#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#I'm 22, own 1 horse, but have the use of 2 for my school. (I teach and train as well). I currently work in a small animal vet clinic, and so I don't get to see my horse as often as I like (can't help it when there's an emerg!!!)#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#My horse is  a 3y/o QH, and a blue roan, named Blue (no I didn't name him that...he came with it!!) I ride Dressage and have been for over 6 years, but have been riding for 12 (event the other 6yrs, but was very young, so was more learning, but learnign eventing style!)#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#My future plans are to show Blue primary, or trillium next year (haven't decided) but just training level, and I also plan on showing my schoolie (she's not really mine, a friend's who allows me full use of her for my teaching & enjoyment purposes), Julie (16hh appy mare, built like a tank) National Dressage for Level 1 or 2 this comming summer, but we'll see has I have a wedding to plan....which leaves money pretty tight!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#BTW your horse is GORGEOUS!! very nice! and don't forget to feel free to jump right into any convo...we're all really ncie here...we don't bite!#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/12.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
I'm the proud new owner of a Fez! hahahaha
*rickie*
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby zooka » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:38 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#welcome... I'll post about myself at a later time when my brain has had a rest!  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/4.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby zooka » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:38 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#welcome... I'll post about myself at a later time when my brain has had a rest!  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/4.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Piaffing » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:55 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Welcome aboard.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Frogs in a basket. Oh, one jumped out, grab that frog.
EC Level 1 Coach, ARIA Level 3 Dressage Coach, C Level Pony Club Tester
http://piaffing.blogspot.com/
www.dressagelife.com
Piaffing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Next

Return to Dressage