Stellar LESSON....!

Dressage

Moderator: EC

Stellar LESSON....!

Postby Patricia » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:12 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Just had to share our great experience today! Well I guess Corey's great experience. He had the pleasure of riding on one of the nicest horses around. A cute palamino 1/2 Registered Arab with flashy markings. I should mention he is so well trained too--to Prix St. George! He may be smaller in stature but what a lovely, fluid mover. #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Corey was on cloud nine when his lesson was over. They covered so much in the hour. He had not ridden since mid August and looked like he didn't miss a day. He even got to do some nice flying lead changes at the end. It kind of gave him a sense of "I can still do it". #ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#She didn't pamper Corey and wanted him to know she expected the same from him as every other student. He liked that. To be treated the same with no preferential treatment. #ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl# BIG thank you to Elaine Ward-Turcotte for opening her door and allowing Corey to lesson with her. She has been gracious enough to allow us to work off our lessons.  I may even be able to hop on for a short ride.  Can't wait till next Sunday....WooHoo!  I now have something to look forward to!#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Darn today would have been a great photo opportunity....Next week I must definitely bring the digital camera and post some pics.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patricia
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Razzba » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:39 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh that is so great. Patricia! Corey must be thrilled!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Elaine is a super horse-person plus a decent human being, too!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You are lucky to have her! Many of us up north miss her.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Razzba

Postby zooka » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:54 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#congrats Patricia... it is always a great feeling after a super ride!  Glad Corey enjoyed it!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby horsecrazy333 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:08 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yeahhh#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Patricia I know how much you were both looking forward to Cory riding with Elaine.  Congrats.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Once your little pony is back in full effect with his new saddle Cory will be hard to catch next show season.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
horsecrazy333

Postby xena_n_joss » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:48 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#whoo hoo! cant wait till next week for those pics! I love looking at pics of people and theyre horses.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Elatu » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:17 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hey Pat: Now you've got me blushing behind my monitor here! Corey is a great student, and it just emphasized on how much I have preached to my students over the years, that dressage is all about feel!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Razzba: I still do clinics.....(hint, hint). Did I ever teach you up north?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Elatu
Groupie
Groupie

Postby xena_n_joss » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:39 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#nice pics on your site!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby babytigger » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:22 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#patricia - awesome. way to go for you and corey. amazing lessons are just the ost awesome feeling, and i understand corey being on cloud nine!! it just feels amazing to come out of a great lessons with an awesome instructor!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#and yes - pics are a must!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Faulmer » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:35 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#AWSOME job very excited to hear about a fellow rider having an awsome ride .... and congrats to Corey as well!!!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Faulmer#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Faulmer
Newbies
Newbies

Postby graciespook » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:53 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Awesome! Congrats ona great lesson!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Return to Dressage