what a difference

Dressage

Moderator: EC

what a difference

Postby zooka » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:44 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have been riding for about 17 years in the dressage world....  I even tried some showing, although i get too stressed in the competitive environment so I kept riding just to learn all the fun moves.  I learned half pass, canter pirouettes everything on the school master horse I have and I was able to do everything but it was always a struggle.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Recently since I have been riding less due to school I have switched to a new barn and a different coach.  It is amazing how the different riding ie leg position or hand positions make the movements so much easier....  I was being taught by a good coach before but her technique just was not working for me and now with my new coach re teaching me riding has become amazing.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#She always seems surprised when I am like how do you ride this movement because I was taught this way?  Has anyone else had this experience with 2 coaches teaching the movement totally different ways and one way just clicking with you?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby xena_n_joss » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:36 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#what a difference it makes eh? Sometimes we just click with other people, someone coaches may just not have good teaching ethic... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Good to hear it is working out for you though!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby chenders01 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:55 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Every time I switch coaches, I have to learn how to ride all over again.  Seems each coach has a different method  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Sad/5.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm learning western riding right now, and although similar to dressage, there are a lot of differences too.  It's quite a challenge for me but I'm enjoying it.  I just hope that when/if I ever go back to dressage, I won't have to train Tequila all over again...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Glad to hear that you've found a coach that you really "click" with.  Not very many people are cut out to be coaches.  They may be able to ride well but can't communicate what they do to their students.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby graciespook » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:07 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have a hard time with new coaches. I find each one of them (with exceptions) tries to change the way you ride to some extent. I am glad your new lesson went well, and keep us posted! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Leena » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:34 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I like to get coached by different person...Not all in the same month but I do believe that every coach is good; I have to evolve enough to change and get new knowledge. I hope this is clear enough.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I realise I was not ready to received new teaching until last week. Dressage imply such an evolution in body, mind that we can be stuck on the same tree for weeks, forgetting about the bush.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am glad you enjoy the changes and hope this will benefit to you.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Leena#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Leena
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby zooka » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:48 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#it is a nice change.  She is really good at telling and showing you what to do and why the horse is reacting the way they are.  Stuff that makes total sense to me now but no one ever explained it that way.  Like in canter pirouettes I was always taught to keep my outside leg behind the girth to get the half pass type body position to help them turn.  Now I am keeping my outside leg on the girth and the horse finds that a lot easier and bends around the pirouette naturally it is really amazing the immediate difference from the different aid.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Return to Dressage