any results from the Royal yet?

Dressage

Moderator: EC

any results from the Royal yet?

Postby flngclrs » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:14 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Did anyone catch the GP at the Royal yesterday?  Results? Report?  We were too busy to get to TO this year.  Too bad, it's a fun week.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Vickie#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://www.flyingcoloursstables.com"#ed_cl#www.flyingcoloursstables.com#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
flngclrs
Newbies
Newbies

Postby graciespook » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:36 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Haven't heard or seen anything yet! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Patricia » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:48 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=Container#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=HeadImage1#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=RightImage#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=MainContent#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=Story#ed_cl##ed_op#!-- InstanceBeginEditable name="STORY" --#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Media Contact: Jennifer Ward#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Media Center: (416) 263-3260 #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#www.royalfair.org#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#November 9, 2005#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#For Immediate Release#ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#H1#ed_cl#Cindy Ishoy Scores Grand Prix Dressage Win at Toronto’s Royal Horse Show#ed_op#/H1#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Toronto, Ontario – Cindy Ishoy opened the Canadian League World Cup Dressage Final with a win in the Grand Prix test on Wednesday, held as part of the 83rd Royal Agricultural Winter Fair running November 4-13, 2005, at the Ricoh Coliseum in Toronto, ON. #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Five riders are vying for the honour of being Canada’s sole representative at the 2006 World Cup Final next April in Amsterdam, NED. #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Ishoy of Jerseyville, ON, produced Canada’s best finish ever at a World Cup Final, finished second back in 1988 with her legendary Seoul Olympic Bronze Medal partner, Dynasty. Now riding Proton, an 11-year-old German-bred gelding, Ishoy outperformed the competition to earn a score of 69.00% from the panel of five international judges. #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#“Proton was injured in the spring, but it was a good bonding time for us and he has come back stronger than ever,” said Ishoy, who rode Proton as part of the Canadian Team last summer at the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens. “I am really looking forward to performing my new freestyle tomorrow night, it features contemporary music that my daughter found for me.” #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Another Canadian Olympian, Evi Strasser of Ste-Adele, QC, placed second with a score of 67.38% riding Quantum Tyme, her 10-year-old chestnut Oldenburg gelding. Strasser, who represented Canada earlier this year at the 2005 World Cup Final in Las Vegas, doesn’t mind being second coming into Thursday evening’s ‘winner-take-all’ Freestyle competition. #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#“I would rather be second than first,” stated Strasser. “I would rather come from behind than to be first and have the pressure of staying on top.” #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Jacqueline Brooks of Mount Albert, ON, placed third with a score of 64.21% riding Gran Gesto, a 10-year-old Oldenburg gelding owned by Brinc Ltd. and Anne Welch. Fourth place went to 2001 World Cup Finalist Nancy MacLachlan of Terra Cotta, ON, and Ariston, a nine-year-old Ukrainian Warmblood gelding. Grand Prix newcomer, 22-year-old Whitney Harris of Burlington, ON, made her debut in the Canadian League World Cup Final by finishing fifth riding Nektor, her 10-year-old Dutch Warmblood gelding. #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Tickets are always sold-out for Thursday evening’s Grand Prix Freestyle performance where the riders choreograph required movements to the music of their choice, similar to figure skating. The end result is a horse and rider who seemingly dance to the music, entertaining the crowd with their various musical selections and interpretations. The winner of the Thursday night’s Freestyle will be crowned the Canadian League World Cup Final Champion, and be invited to contest the 2006 World Cup Final. #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Canadian League World Cup Final – Grand Prix #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Rider Hometown Horse Score #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#1. Cindy Ishoy Jerseyville, ON Proton 69.00% #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#2. Evi Strasser Ste-Adele, QC Quantum Tyme 67.38% #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#3. Jacqueline Brooks Mount Albert, ON Gran Gesto 64.21% #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#4. Nancy MacLachlan Terra Cotta, ON Ariston 62.13% #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#5. Whitney Harris Burlington, ON Nektor 55.34% #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#!-- InstanceEndEditable --#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=Footer#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG height=288 alt=PROTON src="http://www.equiman.com/Royal/Press/photos/Ishoy_Proton_cealy_tetley.jpg" width=360#ed_cl# #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=SideBar#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=Picture#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Cindy Ishoy and Proton#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Photo- Cealy Tetley ©2005#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#!-- InstanceEndEditable --#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=Summaries#ed_cl##ed_op#!-- #BeginLibraryItem "/Library/Royal2005Stories.lbi" --#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=Story7#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patricia
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby graciespook » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:50 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thank you Patricia! :D#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Patricia » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:56 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I was there to watch.  Jon Costin with his fabulous horse Wholio did the demo ride.  They commentate and describe the movements while he is performing for non-horsey people.  I used to ride with him and truly admire him.  He is a awesome rider, coach and just a down to earth 'nice' person.  #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#The rides were truly inspiring....we have had a 2 month break and now I can't wait to ride again!  On a wait list for a stall...and after all the storms my mudwhole is not fit to ride in SO we wait!  Ran into Elatu and many old friends.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patricia
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby horsecrazy333 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:41 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I managed to sneek out of work to see the GP tests.  Boy do they make it look easy!  Cindy as always with Proton but I quite like the new entry Witney Harris.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I went home and tried to work like they do.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
horsecrazy333

Postby Patricia » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:39 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Whitney Harris is coached by Jon Costin.  She is just breaking into the ranks of Grand Prix.  She is only 22 and I bet she was rather nervous.  I loved her horse though.  He seems like a real trooper, had a lovely demeanor/attitude and not much seemed to bother him.  He stayed relaxed and calm.  They seem like a good match.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patricia
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Chisholm » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:15 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Glad to see Cindy back and on top to boot!  Thanks for the report.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby flngclrs » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:42 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks for the report Patricia!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Should be a great class this evening as well.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Vickie#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://www.flyingcoloursstables.com"#ed_cl#www.flyingcoloursstables.com#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
flngclrs
Newbies
Newbies

Postby zooka » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:52 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#that is great.  I had no idea it had even started....  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley9.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Piaffing » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:51 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#OK, here are the results of the Freestyle#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Cindy Ishoy - Proton   71.70#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Evi Strasser - Quantum Tyme   71.175#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Jacqueline Brooks - Gran Gesto 68.875#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Nancy MacLachan - Ariston   63.10#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Whitney Harris - Nektor   56.525#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So Cindy will be Canada's representative at the World Cup.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And very well deserved I think.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Frogs in a basket. Oh, one jumped out, grab that frog.
EC Level 1 Coach, ARIA Level 3 Dressage Coach, C Level Pony Club Tester
http://piaffing.blogspot.com/
www.dressagelife.com
Piaffing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby EC » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:58 am

There's also coverage at www.dressagecanada.org 
EquestrianConnection.com - connecting equestrians everywhere
EC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Sodapoppers » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:52 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#I saw the freestyle tonight. TOTALLY awesome...loved the blackie, s/he made whatever they did look sooo effortless. They all made it look easy, but Ariston stood out to me because he just floated...the others you could tell they were working. Ah...so inspiring !!! #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Grab Life by the Sodapoppers
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby graciespook » Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:33 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ahh..wish I was down there ! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby jax » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:27 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I saw the freestyle and YAY CINDY! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/11.gif"#ed_cl#  Proton looked fabulous and so happy.  I was really impressed with Quantum Tyme too - I saw him last year and he seemed really tense, but he has filled out and grown so confident in a year, he went really well.  And of course Jacqueline Brooks has her own fan club who all cheer like crazy for her.  Nice to see, and they had a really nice ride as well.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<b>Practice makes progress</b>
jax
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Kaleena » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:30 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I was there too! It was great :)&nbsp; I too was impress with Quantum Tyme...I saw him at a clinic years ago when he was just starting out, and saw him last year, nice to see the progress with him.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Loved Cindy's ride and Jacqueline's was great too. I liked Ariston, but he couldn't keep&nbsp;his rythym behind very well...definitely has potential tho, he can sure sit back on his hocks when he wants too.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#PS - I'm pretty sure I saw you SP :P&nbsp; and Marty Jones section 110 row N?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaleena
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby *rickie* » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:41 pm

#ed_op#P#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#I was there too. Loved Cindy with Proton, the fiance just loved Ariston.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#A very nice thing to see!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#
Kaleena wrote:#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#PS - I'm pretty sure I saw you SP :P&nbsp; and Marty Jones section 110 row N?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#Really??? You were that close?? that means you were one section off from me, and a row up?? Well......I would have like to see you MJ!! GRRR to you for not spotting me! hahaha#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#Anyways....it was a good show...#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
I'm the proud new owner of a Fez! hahahaha
*rickie*
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby zooka » Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:35 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm so jealous of you guys who got to see it!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Sodapoppers » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:25 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#LOL Kaleena&nbsp; you're good!! I can never recognize people from pictures. Yep, that was us...there were 7 of us in total. Rickie, MJ and I looked for you but didn't see you anywhere. And i scoured the royal looking for those damned stock pins - did you find them? #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#I am so newly inspired to do dressage now!! Some of the performances gave me the chills. and every other step i was calculating in my head if me or&nbsp;either of my horses could EVER do that particular movement LOL #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Grab Life by the Sodapoppers
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby *rickie* » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:44 pm

Sodapoppers wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#LOL Kaleena&nbsp; you're good!! I can never recognize people from pictures. Yep, that was us...there were 7 of us in total. Rickie, MJ and I looked for you but didn't see you anywhere. And i scoured the royal looking for those damned stock pins - did you find them? #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#I am so newly inspired to do dressage now!! Some of the performances gave me the chills. and every other step i was calculating in my head if me or&nbsp;either of my horses could EVER do that particular movement LOL #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#Well SP to be completely honest, I got off work at 4:15, left from work in my car to drive to TO, got there at 6:15, got lost, and eventually made it to the Royal at about 6:40ish. Went in, went P, and then got in our seats, and didn't move!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#So I didn't get a chance to walk around the Royal and look for the pin place, but I think that a friend saw it. So if she's right about it, she was supposse to pick me up one today....it's Caballo off here, but I haven't heard any news about it yet......I'll have an update later tonight, I'll let ya know!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
I'm the proud new owner of a Fez! hahahaha
*rickie*
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Next

Return to Dressage