UBERLY EXCITED!!!

Dressage

Moderator: EC

Postby Patricia » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:09 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well I already showed training...no point in doing it again.  I was reserve champion so they will think I am a ribbon monger....SO I really wanted to move up.  I couldn't expect an older horse to be pushed so quickly to get fit.  He really needs to be in regular work for the movements to come easier.  NOT to mention my sorry butt...I am not a youngster anymore.  I would hurt everywhere.  I don't have a TRAINER that can help out...all the luxuries your friend has.  2 months at $450 =  3 months at the other place.  Only reason they charge so much is it is a standardbred training farm with a track.  They just added more stall and an indoor.  His wife does the buy, sell, train thing.  She has Hanoverians, Andalusians and a trainer that comes twice a week from 2 hours outside the area.  I guess their successful racing business pays for her hobby horses.  I am on a busy road and not many place to ride out either so that idea is out.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My only options is to only trailer out on hubby's days off weather permitting...It may only be 3 or 4 times a month.  Not enough to get us out there to show...just a fix to keep me happy is all.....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patricia
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby graciespook » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:51 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well at least you have an option of trailering in...keep us posted and I hope things work out!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Ruth » Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:18 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Patricia - my friend pays for those luxuries, she saves and her husband helps out with some money as a Christmas present. She does not work full-time or for big money, but she doesn't have kids. The trainer only does training board so it is either a lesson or he rides the horse 5x a week, which is probably as valuable as 2 or 3 months board somewhere else, but she can only afford it for one month. She does not lesson regularly with him. However, the horse was going Training, was off a lot of the fall for a tendon injury, was completely off from Dec - March and was ready to show First National by June. The horse is not naturally talented either, although she does have a good mind.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If 2 months at the $450 place is the same as 3 months at the first choice, but you cannot get into your first choice, then you're not anymore out of pocket, you just have a month's less riding and would still have a headstart on the show season, just not as big of one. The first 2 tests in First are not that hard. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Faulmer » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:00 pm

Caballo wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Faulmer...you wouldn't happen to ride a northern warmblood, would you?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I find dressage very exciting, but not in a "roller-coaster" way, in a "quietly content" way.  Like playing chess or painting...lots of mind work, and extremely rewarding.  It suits me well...I am more of a "quietly content" type person.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am very glad that dressage has managed to convert another jumper, though!  ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#-Elessar#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Caballo no I do not happen to ride a  northern warmbloodbut i happen to ride a Friesian named Volmer that you know quite well HA HA ooo good times good times with you and your disco Stu LOL #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#         LOVE HOLLY!!!!!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Faulmer
Newbies
Newbies

Postby zooka » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:08 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#LOL wel Faulmer it did take you awhile to join us all!!!  I think you should recognize the big ears in my pic.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hint:Galen haha#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Faulmer » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:22 pm

zooka wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#LOL wel Faulmer it did take you awhile to join us all!!!  I think you should recognize the big ears in my pic.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hint:Galen haha#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#O MY zooka I have seen those cutie little ears before HA HA yes yes I know it did take me a while but I am glad to be here!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Faulmer#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Faulmer
Newbies
Newbies

Previous

Return to Dressage