UBERLY EXCITED!!!

Dressage

Moderator: EC

UBERLY EXCITED!!!

Postby Faulmer » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:58 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#000000#ed_cl#Ok so I just started showing dressage this past year and I LOVED it I had gone form a hunter/ jumper to dressage what an interesting transition but I can't wait until the 2006 show season!!! anyone else as excied as I am?!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Faulmer
Newbies
Newbies

Postby jax » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:06 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I wouldn't say excited, but I've been thinking about maybe doing some shows next season.  Not really my thing, but I'm curious.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<b>Practice makes progress</b>
jax
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby CoBud » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:14 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm excited as well! I had a good season this year and I'm willing to work hard to make the next one just as good! The other day I was thinking about which show would be my first for 2006.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
CoBud

Postby Patricia » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:41 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It is SO hard to stay motivated over the winter.&nbsp; We don't have an indoor and usually move for the winter.&nbsp; BAD NEWS...no stall at the barn.&nbsp; Things are not looking so good.&nbsp; There is a new barn farther away and they are asking $450.&nbsp; That is really expensive for our area.&nbsp; We are off the beaten path...and no one would pay that in a remote area.&nbsp; So after a great show season...I can't even consider showing next spring/summer.....Bummer.....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patricia
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Leena » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:51 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Patricia, this is really bad news....I really hope you find a good place at a decent $$$$.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well, after a couple of years off, I'll be back in the show ring for 2006. Actually training hard for this and Miss Leena is doing very well.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I really look forward to this and for me it is exciting as well. The only thing who could interfere is my platelets disorder; that would be spleen removal and I don't know when....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Leena#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Leena
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Patricia » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:21 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Leena I hope your health stays good and your training goes well over the winter.&nbsp; Maybe it your happy and you have a good mental attitude your disorder will stabilize...I guess it doesn't work that way....Postive energy can't hurt.&nbsp; Glad to hear your horse is going well for you.&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patricia
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby zooka » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:29 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I do not show myself but I can not wait to see how my baby will do she has gained so much muscle and is starting to look a lot more mature!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Leena » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:44 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks Patricia for the good words; this is much appreciate. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Zooka; being on side ways looking at Miss Leena growth phases, I know how time can be looong sometimes.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Leena#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Leena
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby graciespook » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:18 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh Patricia, that IS bad news..we almost ended up in the same situation. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby ILoveBismarck » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:29 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#This will be my second year showing but my first with Bismarck so -YES - I am very excited !!! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Tina, proud owner of Bismarck !
ILoveBismarck
Newbies
Newbies

Postby RioG » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:02 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Patricia do you really think not having an indoor will prevent you from showing?&nbsp; I have no indoor for the winter, but do have tentative plans to get to some schooling shows.&nbsp; I know you're in the snow belt region - we're on the cusp but am hoping&nbsp;to still be able to get some decent schooling in.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
RioG
Groupie
Groupie

Postby chenders01 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:16 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Patricia, don't get so down on yourself!&nbsp; Remember Chisholm, last winter??&nbsp; Her horse injured himself and she thought she'd have to take the whole showing season off...and then she went on to win her division!&nbsp; So, don't give up!&nbsp; There has to be other barns in your area where you can move your horse to.&nbsp; Can you not go onto a waiting list at the barn you're trying to get into?&nbsp; People move their horses ALL the time.&nbsp; Even if you could move to a barn with a lighted outdoor ring, you could probably still school over the winter.&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Next year's show season is months and months away.&nbsp; I'm sure you'll still be able to show.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Patricia » Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:30 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well if you see where I live...it is more like the clay belt even though I am near the Lake.&nbsp; We don't have a proper sand ring...it slopes and is clay.&nbsp; Right now it is a monsoon and then it&nbsp;freezes or has&nbsp;1 feet of snow on it.&nbsp; We have skated on it in the past...LOL!&nbsp; Right now the winds are so intense I dare hazzard to put them out...they will likely run.&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have to introduce more lateral work and get the horse fit again.&nbsp; He has had already 2 months off.&nbsp; I had a saddler come out to check out a better saddle...I had to even trailer out to just get in a decent ride to get a feel for it and see if he was a happy camper.&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The barn I go to is private and only has 8 stalls.&nbsp; Only really 4 boarders...He just happened to acquire some FREE OTTB.&nbsp; I don't work and can't afford $450.&nbsp; I have to be realistic, I am not Olymics bound..LOL!...We have our daughter living away from home and going to university so that is sucking us dry even with her working summers to cover her rent.&nbsp; #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#I already work off Corey riding lessons...and at my age there is only so much working off board, that I would be just too tired to ride and enjoy my horse.&nbsp; #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#How can you expect to show in dressage when you horse has the winter off?&nbsp; He wouldn't be fit and I would be out of shape....it isn't fair to him.&nbsp; The poor guy is getting older and he stumbles in the best of footing...I wouldn't risk injury to him or myself trying to ride in slop....just think of stepping on a banana peel that is what clay is like.&nbsp; Once frozen that is so hard on their legs that concusion.&nbsp; Chisholm I believe has decent footing--a nice sand ring and an indoor...It was actually miraculous we were able to practice tests at home prior to shows in our tiny non-regular sized ring.&nbsp; For the last show in September I had to trailer out as we were swamped with rain again.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Not showing isn't the end of the world BUT I think my son was kind of enjoying it.&nbsp; Although, NOT riding sucks even more......#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Trying to brainstorm and find other places....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patricia
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby RioG » Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:38 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ah, I hear you Patricia. I wasn't thinking of footing.&nbsp; My BO is planning on keeping at least half of the outdoor ring conditioned for riding and he's already installed the outdoor lights.&nbsp; The barn I was at last year had abysmal footing in their outdoor ring, I had forgotten how horrid that is.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
RioG
Groupie
Groupie

Postby horsecrazy333 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:23 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I know Emma and I are excited about next year.&nbsp; We haven't had much downtime and are training harder than ever!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Patricia, I'm happy to see if anyone thorugh Dressage Niagra might now of some places.&nbsp; Being the News editor has its perks.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#PM me maybe we&nbsp; can get you indoors!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
horsecrazy333

Postby Caballo » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:23 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Faulmer...you wouldn't happen to ride a northern warmblood, would you?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I find dressage very exciting, but not in a "roller-coaster" way, in a "quietly content" way.&nbsp; Like playing&nbsp;chess or painting...lots of mind work, and extremely rewarding.&nbsp; It suits me well...I am more of a "quietly content" type person.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am very glad that dressage has managed to convert another jumper, though!&nbsp; ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#-Elessar#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Caballo
Newbies
Newbies

Postby babytigger » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:30 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#lol........i haven't shown in years, but with the guy i'm riding right now i hope to do some jumper shows next year, as he's done a ton of dressage stuff already &amp; his owner would like him to do some jumper again.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#funny that the only first i ever got in a show happened in a dressage show! LOL i'm definately not a DQ at all...or even a DQ Wannabe!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Ruth » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:02 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Patricia, the STB I used to show Trillium dressage (up to Medium 1) only worked one winter in her show career. I was lucky that the place we&nbsp;boarded at was on a reasonably quiet road so I used to hack most of the winter, even when it was a bit slick and we could only walk it at least kept her up her fitness level up from nothing. We are in a "clay belt" too! As far as riding outdoors in the winter goes it really does depend on your location - the place we kept her at was fine, I rode her and my Morgan mare most of the winter, albeit road work more than schooling. The place we bought is less than 2 miles away and because we are on a busy road that is it for me riding at home as of yesterday thanks to all that rain! I could maybe&nbsp;eke out a few more weeks down the driveway and on to the logging road if I had to, and even one wet summer I was schooling for the Championships up and down the road, but with the horses I have at home I am not that worried about it. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That's why I board Boomer out year round, I'm too worried about losing that stall!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Faulmer » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:34 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Caballo no I do not happen to ride a&nbsp; northern warmbloodbut i happen to ride a Friesian named Volmer that you know quite well HA HA ooo good times good times with you and your disco Stu LOL #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; LOVE HOLLY!!!!!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Last edited by Faulmer on Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faulmer
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Ruth » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:03 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I had wanted to add more to my post yesterday, but we got busy.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I also have a friend who shows National, she keeps her horse at home and does not ride from Dec-March. What she'll usually do in March is move the horse for&nbsp;one month to a place with an arena and get her back in a better shape, then she takes her for April to her trainer, and by May/June she is ready to show. The horse is not a schoolmaster either, she was showing First this summer.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Maybe you won't be able to show in April, but keep your ears open for a stall, and if you don't get anything, why don't you save your pennies so that you can take him to the $450 place just for a month or two before you'll be able to ride at home? It'll give you enough time to get him fit enough to do Training anyway.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yes, I am looking forward to the show season! I'm just not sure if I'm going to be able to show.#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Sad/2.gif"#ed_cl#I'm not sure if I will have a job past February, and business is not good in my field right now. Not expected to improve by then either. No job, no money, no showing.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Next

Return to Dressage