FULL SEAT VS THE NON `

Dressage

Moderator: EC

FULL SEAT VS THE NON `

Postby Faulmer » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:41 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So what does everyone else prefer #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley25.gif"#ed_cl#I have the full seats but I HATE THEM why I am not sure just VERY uncomfortable#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//ec-thumbdown.gif"#ed_cl#!!!! HA HA#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Faulmer#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//horsehead2.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//ec-dressageletter.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Faulmer
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Patricia » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:00 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Unless your in a Wintec I love my full seat breeches.  They help me stick in sitting trot with those big movers.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patricia
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby CoBud » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:21 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I love my full seat breeches as well. At first I did not like them so much, I found them uncomfortable as well, but the more I rode in them the more I liked them. I find they help me sit better.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
CoBud

Postby Chisholm » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:37 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well I rode in Full Seats for a few years, Aristas.  But I got sick of them.  They were H*ll to put on, stiff and tight and I use to get sores on my butt from them.  I loved the way I stuck in the saddle though.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have not gone back to Carino (sp?) seats and much prefer them right now.  But my biggest problem with the full-seat is getting them to fit me.  I have not shaped like breeches companies think all riders are shaped.  When will the companies realize there are people out here that aren't 5'7" tall and skinny with LONG legs. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Piaffing » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:48 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have only worn full seat breeches for about the last 20 or more years. Love em.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Frogs in a basket. Oh, one jumped out, grab that frog.
EC Level 1 Coach, ARIA Level 3 Dressage Coach, C Level Pony Club Tester
http://piaffing.blogspot.com/
www.dressagelife.com
Piaffing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby babytigger » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:46 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#never worn them. in fact...it's been a helluva long time since i wore breeches at all............i prefer jeans & chaps, but i think if i'm going to be doing some "serious riding i'll look into a couple prs of breeches.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby *rickie* » Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:03 am

Chisholm wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# When will the companies realize there are people out here that aren't 5'7" tall and skinny with LONG legs.
#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#Chis....veyr funny that you would pick that description...I fit that bill 110%, and yet it's STILL VERY hard form me to find breeches that fit! The ones that fit in the waist are too short, and always fit like they are painted on. The ones that fit everywhere else I have to wear a belt with. Not that I don't mind the belt, just that when you're in a rush to get to the barn, a belt is ONE MORE thing you have to fiddle with!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#As for full seats vs knee patch. Although I own many pairs of knee patch breeches, I just LOVE my full seat to death (own 3 pairs I think). I seem to go through this phrase where I fall in love with one pair of breeches and don't want to wear anything but those for weeks. Of coarse there comes a time each week, where they really do need to be washed......damn clothes for getting dirty!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#Right now I'm on a kick with my black full seats. They are very worm, and have a hole in the knee, but I love them! They are always WAY to big for me, as I got them 2nd hand, and the lady lied to me about the size of them, but I still manage to make'em fit! hehehehe  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/7.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
I'm the proud new owner of a Fez! hahahaha
*rickie*
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby LucasL » Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:00 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Time again to do my pitch for Equissentials and/or Tropical Riders.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Both have websites - pricey, but they last forever and when the fabric wears out they will recycle the deerskin onto a new pair for less $$$.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#(I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my TR toasties!!!!)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
LucasL
Groupie
Groupie

Postby zooka » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:23 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I love full seats the ones I have are comfy and they help me stay in the saddle more. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Chisholm » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:28 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I looked at the Equissentials website, I think me needs to get a pair asap.  I guess I will wait now till spring.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby xena_n_joss » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:11 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have a pair or full seat breeches... But since I got my bright red pikeur breeches I have not worn anything else. They ae the most comfy breeches ever, and not just for riding. They are more like a nice pant material with some stretch but they arnt skin tight like other breeches so you have some breathing room in the legs with them. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have putting full seat breeches on. The next pair of white show pants that I get I might get full seat breeches though, because like everyone says they are comfy lol. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby graciespook » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:53 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I do like full seats...I find them more comfortable! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Return to Dressage