Upcoming Dressage Clinic

Dressage

Moderator: EC

Upcoming Dressage Clinic

Postby IronHorse » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:43 am

We are very excited to announce that Britta Johnston will be coming over from Germany on Jan 23rd and 24th, 2010, to teach at Chatterbox Farm located in north Waterloo. Britta is the Owner and Head Trainer of Britta Johnston International Sporthorses, offering Training, Instruction, Sales, Handling, and Importing Services. Britta began riding at the age of 6 in Germany where she was trained in Dressage, Show Jumping, Eventing, and Vaulting. She earned her bronze medal at the age of 13 and her silver medal at the age of 16 from the German Riding Federation. Specializing in dressage training, Britta has 22 years of experience starting young horses and training them through the FEI levels. Through her childhood years in the breeding regions of Germany, Britta also gained a wealth of knowledge in the science of breeding excellent sporthorses. Britta was invited to be a demonstration rider at the 2004 USDF National Dressage Symposium. This is a clinic
that should not be missed!

The clinic is one lesson away from being full. However, there is lots of room for auditors. For only $20/day you can audit this great clinician and watch multiple horses and riders from all different levels. A hot lunch is also included in the auditing fee. We would love to have you all come out, so for those of you who are interested, please contact Maya at maya_817@hotmail.com or call (519) 699-9474 to register!!

For more information on Britta, visit http://www.brittajohnston.com

Hope to see you all there!
IronHorse
Newbies
Newbies

Re: Upcoming Dressage Clinic

Postby LookOfEagles » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:30 pm

So did anyone from EC attend the Britta Johnston clinic? IronHorse -- did you go?
LookOfEagles
Newbies
Newbies

Postby IronHorse » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:44 pm

Yes I had my horse there - unfortunately he came up lame. However, the clinic was full and we had between 20-30 auditors each day. Britta is a phenomenal clinician and really addresses and involves the audience while teaching. We are hoping to have her back in March or April - so hopefully you can make it out when she is back.

Here are some pictures I took during the clinic of some of the other riders:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=3 ... 133cef7586

And here is a video of me riding (from a clinic with Britta 2 years ago):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I5oPVNV1mE
IronHorse
Newbies
Newbies

Postby LookOfEagles » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:22 pm

Sorry to hear your horse came up sore IronHorse -- hopefully he will get better soon!

Sounds like it was a great clinic -- that's especially interesting when the clinician works hard to involve the auditors too. And there were some very impressive horse/rider partnerships in those photos!!!

I'll definitely keep an eye out for the next one.
LookOfEagles
Newbies
Newbies

Return to Dressage