Ab workouts

Looking to get in shape, lose weight, eat better? Stay motived with your virtual gym buddies!

Moderator: EC

Postby *Giddy Up* » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:49 pm

Hey all,
I've decided that I've had it with my not-so-flat stomach, so I'm going to do some ab workout atleast 5 days a week. I figure I'll fit some in after I run, that way I'll have to do it and can't get side tracked at home.
Anywho, my ACTUAL reason for posting...I do know of a bunch of ab exercises, and I'm a big fan of the plyo-balls but I don't own one, so I was wondering what exercises do you find works best for you?
Right now I'm doing bent-knee crunches and bicycle crunches. I want something that really targest the abs so I can feel it, however, if possible an exercises that isn't the regular crunch/sit-up position (why I love the plyo-balls...you can do SO much on them).
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby stephanie1 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:47 pm

why dont you try pilates its a good middle section work out and you can do just the 20min one.
stephanie1
Groupie
Groupie

Postby *Giddy Up* » Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:36 pm

I could, but it's not something I can really do at school, unless I find a few specific exercises to do.
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby stephanie1 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:59 pm

My sister watched the dvd and wrote down what to do. After you watch it a few times its easy to remember so you could do it at school its not very complicated.
stephanie1
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Terry3025 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:05 pm

I would definetly recommend Windsor Pilates, its quick (20 minute workout) and doesn't take up too much space. I also have an exercise ball and its a great work out for abs and your upper body. Its deflatable and easy to store. <br /> <br />
Terry3025

Postby annie » Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:49 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If you can get a buddy to help you here are a couple of good ones:#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Lie on your back with your knees table top, and imprint your spine.&nbsp; Try and pull your knees into your chest - but the catch it you get your buddy to put her arm across your legs and push against you.&nbsp; Push against her as hard as you can for 8 counts and repeat 12 times.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Or... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Lie on your back with your legs straight up.&nbsp; Get your buddy to stand over your head (ie one foot on each side of your shoulders) and push your legs away from your body in different directions (ie straght out or at 45-ish degree angles to get your obliques), you bring your legs back up and she just keeps pushing them away.&nbsp; Do a lot.&nbsp; Until you can't do anymore...&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The satisfaction of helping another human being is all the thanks I et cetera. - Homer
annie
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Return to EC Health Club