On the pill now have a few questions.

Looking to get in shape, lose weight, eat better? Stay motived with your virtual gym buddies!

Moderator: EC

Postby xena_n_joss » Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:58 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hmmm does depo help with your skin too? Alot of BC pills or patches do help. But I have never looked into wether depo did as well. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Ruth » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:37 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I don't think so with the Depo. The pill  worked pretty well for me in regards to zits, there was one pill in particular, can't remember the name right now. It'll come to me, I'll post back when it does.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Ruth » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:38 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Tricyclen#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby cadence » Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:17 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I couldn't tolerate any pill with estrogen - Within 3 days, I got headaches, nausea, dizziness, leg pain, chest pain and then started coughing.  Freaked my doctor out and he yanked me off those right away.  Then, he suggested I wait 3 months then try the Depo shot - it worked well but I got constant yeast infections so he suggested acidophilus pills - about 5 a day.  That cured those.  It was also nice to never get a period.  Then, after I'd been on Depo-Provera about 2 years, my doctor read some literature that a higher percentage of women taking Depo longer than a year have difficulties getting pregnant and some of those become completely unable to conceive - a higher percentage than what is in the normal population.  He pulled me off Depo right away and it took a year for my cycle to return and it was highly erratic for a few years.  10 years later, I have never been able to conceive and my cycle is still a little irregular... I get about 6-8 cycles a year.  I realize I'm the rare minority, but it is now listed as a real risk on the package and something everyone should be aware of.  While it's nice hubby and I never have to use any birth control method ever, if bothers us that the companies didn't completely analyze long-term studies before putting this out because now we cannot have children.  The literature CHANGED while I was already on it... so better news to you younger gals just starting out as you have it all there for you spelled out in risks that are now well documented, but at a cost to some women in my generation.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Really, the best protection is condoms.  Anything that stays in your body long-term such as IUD's or hormones does have its risks and some of the worst case scenarios (like IUD-related infections or stopping your cycle completely) have permanent results.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patience! Practice! Persistence!
cadence
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Previous

Return to EC Health Club