Some weight loss helps

Looking to get in shape, lose weight, eat better? Stay motived with your virtual gym buddies!

Moderator: EC

Some weight loss helps

Postby cadence » Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:35 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I just read about some helpful "herbs" that are safe.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#LI#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"#ed_cl##ed_op#B#ed_cl#Cayenne#ed_op#/B#ed_cl# - If you aren't plagued by spicy food, try sprinkling a dash of cayenne on your food. It contains an ingredient called capsaicin that stimulates saliva, stimulates digestion and accelerates your metabolism at a safer level. #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#LI#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"#ed_cl##ed_op#B#ed_cl#Green Tea#ed_op#/B#ed_cl# - This tea is a natural stimulant that behaves much like coffee but with the added benefit of vitamin C and flavoniods (compounds that are antioxidants). You can regulate the strength of the stimulant by steeping the tea quickly or for a long time. It can be purchased in a tea bag, or loose. It also is available in capsules, but is said to be better assimilated as a liquid. #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#LI#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"#ed_cl##ed_op#B#ed_cl#Seaweed#ed_op#/B#ed_cl# - A good source of trace minerals such as chromium and iodine, seaweed is a natural thyroid stimulant. It is usually contained in kelp capsules or tablets. #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/LI#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yummy Recipe for Green Iced Tea:#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#1 liter boiling water#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#2 green tea bags#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#1/4 cup sugar or artificial sweetener to taste#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#1/8 cup lemon juice#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Steep for 10-15 minutes.  Pour into 2 liter container, add sweetener and lemon juice.  Top up with ice cubes, chill and enjoy.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patience! Practice! Persistence!
cadence
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Lix » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:28 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks for sharing cadence!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Nice to hear that cayenne can do something good!  I love spicey food and always use hot sauce on everything but I could try cayenne instead!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Lix

neat

Postby *Giddy Up* » Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:48 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Interesting news there.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I've heard of green tea before, but never the others. I should try it sometime, but I'm more of a water drinker, although I do enjoy the occasional cup of tea. Cayenne pepper eh...that could work. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Although how much and how often do you have to consume the stuff?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby cadence » Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:25 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That, I do not know..... Cayenne is really hot so a quick sprinkle on veggies, or eggs or meat could be sufficient.  Anything your mouth can tolerate!  lol #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patience! Practice! Persistence!
cadence
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Kobau » Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:20 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i love Cayenne... and use it in alot of foods..#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#thanks for posting that Cadence#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby DurhamJumper » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:11 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# I use the one a day with green tea in them (the weight lose ones) and I so notice a difference it really works and best of all its safe, so sick of the quick weight lose drugs out they, heard so many horror stories about them.  Mainly people getting heart attacks.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
DurhamJumper

Postby Megan Ball » Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:32 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Apple cider vinegar is suposed to be excellent for wieght loss#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#they come in pill form for those who don't want to drink it#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#it's good for horses too but i can't remeber why its good for them#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Rocket - TB
Kenzie - Arabian
Peanut - pony
Toffee - Welsh x pony
Whisper - Spotted Draft
Megan Ball

Postby Kobau » Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:30 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#lt helps to repell flies etc, beacause it causes the skin to have a very slight smell or scent that flies don't like....#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
Being a mom is a wonderful job... being mom to a horse crazy lil boy means combining two things i adore!!!

Winter makes you appreciate mud in the spring!
Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Return to EC Health Club