Stott pilates - what do you think?

Looking to get in shape, lose weight, eat better? Stay motived with your virtual gym buddies!

Moderator: EC

Stott pilates - what do you think?

Postby Lix » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:31 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Any opinions on those Stott pilates that come in the Special K boxes? I have all 3 at home but haven't watched any yet. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Any one know if they are decent?  Is the video even longer than 5 minutes?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Better/worse than other pilates you've tried?  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/11.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Lix

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:18 am

I haven't seen those particular videos but when I was doing Pilates it
was Stott. I really like their approach as they make sure that you are
doing it correctly - breathing, neutral spine, how to raise your head
without pulling your neck etc. The full videos that they sell are
excellent.
Elizabeth
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Lix » Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:14 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well that's good!  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/13.gif"#ed_cl#  Thanks Elizabeth.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I figured they must be half decent since they are spending so much money on advertising them...!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Lix

Postby annie » Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:14 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I got one of the cds from the cereal, and I have 3 different stott pilates workouts that I bought.  it was the method we used at the studio where I took classes, so those were the videos I bought.  I think it is quite good as a method, though I don't know how complete the cereal box workouts are.  I should try mine this weekend and compare.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The satisfaction of helping another human being is all the thanks I et cetera. - Homer
annie
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby annie » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:05 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I did the high performace CD yesterday - the 3rd in the series.  It starts out like a beginner work out but when they get to the ab work it gets quite advanced.  I suspect that the other two videos walk you through the exercises a bit more, because in this one they just move from one into the next.  I actually liked it a lot.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The satisfaction of helping another human being is all the thanks I et cetera. - Homer
annie
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Annette » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:19 pm

I really like the stott pilates CD in Special K cereal boxes. It's really just an intro to there full length series but as far as I'm concerned "A little each day goes a long way!"

My ABSOLUTE favorite is Stott pilates - balance ball. This along with riding lessons has really worked for me. I'll be 50 in a couple months and I thought my days of having a flat tummy were over but now I only have a bit of pouch and if I could stop snacking at night my dreams of being 50 and fabulous may just come true!
So did this horse excel a common one
In shape, in courage, color, pace and bone,
... What a horse should have he did not lack,
Save a proud rider on so proud a back.
W. SHAKESPEARE
Annette
Newbies
Newbies

Return to EC Health Club