Finally

Looking to get in shape, lose weight, eat better? Stay motived with your virtual gym buddies!

Moderator: EC

Finally

Postby Gemina » Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:21 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Finally I've lost weight. 19 pounds, one more to go!  Am finally wearing my small jeans.  Started watching #ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl#carefully #ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl#what I eat. Keeping with food I like but less. Am very into proper nutrition so that helps. Also, my cravings for chocolate and nuts seems to have abated.  How are you guys doing....no updates lately?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Gemina
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Elizabeth » Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:23 pm

That's awesome Gemina, congratulations. I am at my winter weight,
actually a bit over right now, but want to work hard at getting down 5
to 7 pounds once the weather is a bit warmer. I just can't seem to get
motivated right now. I eat fairly healthily but probably eat a bit more
than I really need at supper time. 
Elizabeth
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby chenders01 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:07 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Gemina, that's AWESOME!!  I know how hard you were struggling, so you obviously found a way to deal with those cravings you were having.  Good for you!!  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You asked for an update.  Well, I'm at 51 pounds of loss now.  I've got another 19 to go to hit my "goal" weight.  I'm feeling soooo much better now and can actually wear breeches and not look like a whale in them anymore #ed_op#IMG onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#C6D3EF';this.style.border='1px solid #3169C6'; " style="BORDER-RIGHT: #3169c6 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #3169c6 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #3169c6 1px solid; CURSOR: pointer; BORDER-BOTTOM: #3169c6 1px solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #c6d3ef" onclick="InsertImage('/richedit/smileys/cheeky.gif');" onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor=''; this.style.border=''" src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/cheeky.gif" align=absMiddle#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Once I hit my goal weight, my reward to myself is going to be a pair of Mountain Horse tall boots (the ones with the zippers).  They only come in one calf size (how stupid is THAT??) and I'm determined to fit into them!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Eileen » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:19 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Gemina, congrats to you way to go girl....and you said that you could not do it...lol #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Chenders that is great for you to lose all of that weight. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am afraid that the winter time down here is my downfall, I do put on a few pounds while living the life of a beached whale.  lol  But I think that I can shed the few tell tale pounds when I get back home.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hey girls I am proud of you all...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Kobau » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:37 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#well i'm down 10 lbs since i started trying to eat better and drop a few. but really it sounds odd maybe but unless i can focus the loss on my lower body, i don't dare lose more! upper body looks awesome, like i did when i was about 130-140 lbs.... lower body, and i'm sure some of that is hidden muscle#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/cross-eyed.gif"#ed_cl# at least i hope so, will tone up and hopefully decrease inches in the next few months.... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i've been watching portions, and with my BF, i dish out dinner, and so not such big portions to start with so he to is eating less because he is eating what i give himand then not hungry so much after, or at least not hungry enough to get more!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Congrats Gemina!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Finally

Postby Gemina » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:04 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ch, that is really great. The way I look at it, and I think I'm right, is that every 10 lbs. moves you down one size. So you are way smaller, Ch, down five sizes.  Congrats. We will be svelte. I feel so much better. Thanks for the support. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Gemina
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby chenders01 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:22 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yup, I started out as a size 18/20 and am now down to about a size 14.  I'm hoping to end up a size 12 or even a 10.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby annie » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:52 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm doing pretty well myself.  I've only lost about 5 lbs recently, but I've been doing a lot of weights and building muscle, so I think I have actually lost more (in terms of fat).  I have another 15-20 lbs to go.  It's amazing to try on clothes that were tight 8 months ago, and do activities I never thought I could.  I discovered yesterday that I can do full on "guy" push ups (I actually can't because it hurts the shoulder I broke when I was 11, but I am strong enough.  It just hurts).  I would have NEVER guessed.  I have never been strong enough for push ups before.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Anyway, everyone keep up the awesome work!!!  We have a couple months left before spring and a solid 3 months before bathing suit season.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The satisfaction of helping another human being is all the thanks I et cetera. - Homer
annie
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby High Hopes » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:06 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Congrats to you all!  I too am down 10 lbs!  WOOHOO I can feel a difference even at that amount, have a long way until I hit my goal but this is a great start!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Keep up the good work girls!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
High Hopes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby *Giddy Up* » Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:10 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Awesome work ladies! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Gemina- See, you could do it! Good for you!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Keep it up all!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Brianna » Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:05 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#I've lost 15...and now I am stuck. I want to lose 5 more, but can't seem to get it to go away, lol. I've cut more carbs (like, consciously counting) and added more protein - but that is a temporary change. #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#I'm at the point in my crunches where I'm not feeling my first set until 50 or 60...a good sign. The 800/day (in one sitting) my trainer recommended isn't sounding quite as alien with that reality. If I get to 100/set it's perfectly plausible, lol.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#Uhmm...I did 2 days of cardio and 3 days of strength training last week - and I rode Promise this past Sunday. I didn't ride yesterday because I got up too late and had a killer sinus headache for most of the morning (damn changing weather). #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#But I am planning to ride tomorrow and Friday or Friday and Saturday. #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#And I need to get my butt to the gym tonight...can you hear my motivation? lol...it's freezing and raining. #ed_op#IMG onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#C6D3EF';this.style.border='1px solid #3169C6'; " style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; CURSOR: pointer; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" onclick="InsertImage('/richedit/smileys/confused.gif');" onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor=''; this.style.border=''" src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/confused.gif" align=absMiddle#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#C6D3EF';this.style.border='1px solid #3169C6'; " style="BORDER-RIGHT: #3169c6 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #3169c6 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #3169c6 1px solid; CURSOR: pointer; BORDER-BOTTOM: #3169c6 1px solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #c6d3ef" onclick="InsertImage('/richedit/smileys/bored.gif');" onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor=''; this.style.border=''" src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/bored.gif" align=absMiddle#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Brianna
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Gemina » Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:56 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You ladies really, really do exercise! And are doing very well! My exercise consists mostly from the work I do around here. Like mucking out and walking to the manure pile with a wheelbarrow full.  There always seems to be something to do outside. Like a couple of days ago I shovelled the snow off my guy's roof. Today I shovelled a path in his ring to the corner where I put his hay. He won't walk thru deep snow????  My hubby goes around with the snowblower but I do the spots he can't get at. Some days there isn't anything to do outside so I loaf. Ever nice!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# I eat three squares a day, plus a "lite weight" snack at nite and this seems to be fine. Naturally I don't put as much on my plate and carefully put whatever is on there with lite food.  I do make sure that the choice of food I make is what I like. No carrots and celery unless it's covered in something or cooked.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# I think I have it right this time.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
Gemina
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Eileen » Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:58 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Gemina, I knew you could do it....you go girl....don't fall off of the wagon, keep focused.  You are doing soooo well.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Gemina » Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:26 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#135 pounds, at last! It seems to have taken forever to lose ONE lb. This is where I want to be and will need to be careful in order to stay there. I took me a long time to lose 20 lbs. Started late November...almost four months.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Gemina
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Elizabeth » Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:21 pm

Congratulations, awesome will power. I am down 3 pounds, just have to keep on eating less and resist those temptations.
Elizabeth
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Kobau » Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:31 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#dropping weight is hard... it took me almost a month to lose a coupel lbs... down to 153.. which is good counting that beginning of dec i was around 162! going off my bc patch seems to have been a key for me.. i took a few mnths of bc, and now i'm on the tricylen-lo pill... so far i've lost 1 lb since i went on that along with making sure i was eating healthier.. and trying to get some excercise... which in this weather isn't easy!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Gemina that is awesome that you've reached your goal!#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley20.gif"#ed_cl# you can stick with it#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley20.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Brianna » Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:39 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#6000bf#ed_cl#I thought I'd bump this up and share my new triumph! I got on the scale this morning and have finally dropped the 5 lbs I have been struggling with. It's weird, too - the last two weeks, I haven't been sticking to my diet...but I think the break from it actually helped me to drop the weight. I certainly wasn't eating as badly as I used to, but it wasn't the low carb/high protein I had been doing either. And I've been to the gym twice in that time, lol. There's just been too much going on!!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/11.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#6000bf#ed_cl#So, I've decided I want to try to lose 5 more pounds and then I will just maintain it. Although, I am pretty happy with where I am at now - I felt skinnier, which is why I got on the scale, out of curiosity!...and getting back to the gym might change my mind about the next 5, too. lol. I'm going to talk to the trainer I had a few sessions with and see if I can do another BMI scan to see what my new fat-level is. Edited to add that my new total loss is 20 lbs. #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#6000bf#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/4.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#6000bf#ed_cl#Anyone else got updates???#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Brianna
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby chenders01 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:07 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Great job, Brianna!  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am on a major plateau right now and it is VERY frustrating!!  Since the last time I posted in this thread (March 7th) I've lost a whopping 1-1/4 pounds.  I just keep fluctuating up and down.  I'm sure that after this long weekend coming up, the next time I go to get weighed, I'll be back UP a pound (or more) #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Sad/9.gif"#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I've been very, VERY careful about what I'm eating and am soooooo bored right now with food, but the weight just will NOT come off  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley7.gif"#ed_cl#  I go to a weight-loss clinic and they keep telling me that this is normal when a person gets closer to their goal, but man, it's just sooo frustrating!!  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Gemina » Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:10 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Congrats, Brianna. Doesn't it feel good. I have lost two more pounds since my post. Am not sure if I want to lose anymore. Wearing and "older" body it may give me more wrinkles. I think I've done it right this time by eating well and the food I like so I haven't felt deprived. Now I did give up chocolate, nuts, etc. but the urge to eat them have gone. Hope they stay lost.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Gemina
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby chenders01 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:54 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Wow, you're good, Gemina!  I've never lost the urges to eat all the foods that are bad for me #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Sad/11.gif"#ed_cl#  I wish I could learn to really, really LOVE lettuce #ed_op#A href="http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZRxdm185XXUS" target=_blank#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG alt=Sick src="http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_3_13.gif" border=0#ed_cl##ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb046_ZRxdm185XXUS" target=_blank#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb046&pp=ZRxdm185XXUS" border=0#ed_cl##ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Next

Return to EC Health Club